Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred control of Velocity with MIDI

Am I missing something or is there no velocity sensitivity when controlling with a midi device? For example I have a Seaboard Rise and have setup the Bluetooth connection and enabled the Seaboard as the MPE profile device but there is only one level of velocity it seems for all notes. I can understand why the iPad is going to play everything at max velocity, but why can’t a velocity sensitive device like the seaboard make for more dynamic volume expression by the strength of the initial key press?

Comments

• edited April 2019

GeoShred can respond to velocity - you can actually set it so that the pads play low velocity when you press them near the bottom and louder when you press them at the top. Look in the settings. You can also set a velocity curve.

At the moment I’m using iFretless Bass to control GeoShred via midi (both hosted as AU in AUM) because iFretless cleverly generates velocity by measuring how hard / loud you hit the iPad (probably by using a combination of the microphone and the motion sensors.)

I find it more intuitive to simply hit harder to get louder rather than aiming higher in each note pad box. It’s much more expressive with played in velocity as well as slides and bends.

It works really well :smile:

• Seems like when controlling with the Seaboard every note is the same velocity though.

• @jasonpeter Same here, with a rise 49. Did u find any solution? Also were u able to figure out the differences between roli seaboard and roli seaboard KeyZ profiles?