Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a way to create a bus in Beatmaker 3?

So when I’m working on a song I’ll stem out everything in wav files after I get the arrangement down and load them into a new project, that way I can add effects to everything individually and also it takes less CPU. I was wondering is there a way to make a sort of bus so I can utilize adding effects to a drum bus I could make? I always see things about busses but the only thing I see is aux sends which I haven’t done much with because I still want to know the uses for that. I would be trying to do this with stemmed out audio tracks, not using the pads.

Comments

  • AUX channels is what you need . Keep in mind you can have up to 8 ,plus (as usual) there is no midi learn , limited to the ‘macros’ control.

  • Also you can put Audio-Effects on „pad level“ - if this is useful depends on how you import your recorded stems.
    I (personally) find 2 Send channels a bit limiting to put effects on each instrument separately.

  • @MrBlaschke said:
    I (personally) find 2 Send channels a bit limiting to put effects on each instrument separately.

    But there are 8 total . Maybe I am wrong since I gave up any hopes for further development and don’t use BM3 at all.
    I don’t think anyone would need more than 8 sends but as a hmmm...workaround you can add an audio track and select a bank as input , place a reverb (100% wet) and have 2 separate tracks for dry and wet .

  • @Korakios said:
    But there are 8 total . Maybe I am wrong since I gave up any hopes for further development and don’t use BM3 at all.
    I don’t think anyone would need more than 8 sends but as a hmmm...workaround you can add an audio track and select a bank as input , place a reverb (100% wet) and have 2 separate tracks for dry and wet .

    You‘re right - i never realized one can add AUX tracks :smile:
    I do not use BM3 that often.

  • You can also use the AU FX called 'Mixer Send Receive' which is bundled with apeMatrix. It's a separate AU, so you don't need to run apeMatrix to use it. It makes 16 new busses available, and it's pre-fader. With it, you can use BM3's Banks as busses.

  • @Korakios said:
    AUX channels is what you need . Keep in mind you can have up to 8 ,plus (as usual) there is no midi learn , limited to the ‘macros’ control.

    So I need to add 70% saturation to 4 different wav files. If I use the aux sends I would just be doubling the sound since I can’t actually mute the volume of the originals. If I mute the originals, they will also be muted in the sends. If I put the saturation on the send, it would just be parallel saturation, and the original would still be there with the saturated signal added to it. That would be doubling up the volume, and that is not what I need.

  • @Encore I do not use audio tracks in BM3 and I apologize in advance if this doesn't apply. I'm going to tag @tk32 as he would probably know the definitive answer to your question ...

    My personal workflow in BM3 is that I automatically create invidually Pad groups for drums, bass, leads, pads, arps, strings, etc. If I find that I need kind of a subgroup I just create a "leads2" so that I can isolate a separate set of sounds off on their own, each sound on their own pad of the "group". Each Pad group has its own bus channel if you will and I can apply processing to all of those like sounds like side chain compression, EQ for uniformity, or like an overall reverb to apply. I also do the same thing @Korakios does with Aux Tracks. Can I move around pad's and change which group they are in? No. But, since I've already pre planned out how my stuff is laid out, I rarely find this to be an issue. It works great.

    As for audio tracks specifically, I do not have the expertise. TK does though!

  • @Encore said:

    @Korakios said:
    AUX channels is what you need . Keep in mind you can have up to 8 ,plus (as usual) there is no midi learn , limited to the ‘macros’ control.

    So I need to add 70% saturation to 4 different wav files. If I use the aux sends I would just be doubling the sound since I can’t actually mute the volume of the originals. If I mute the originals, they will also be muted in the sends. If I put the saturation on the send, it would just be parallel saturation, and the original would still be there with the saturated signal added to it. That would be doubling up the volume, and that is not what I need.

    Send the sends to pre , lower the faders to zero ;)
    Sometimes pre/post didn’t work, had to save ,quit and reload the project.

  • edited April 22

    (Thanks for the tag (and endorsement) @drez :) )

    @Encore based on my initial understanding of your requirements, here is some info about how I recommend arranging the signal path in the 'mastering' version of your project in BM3 (the one that contains only stems):

    1. AUX channels can be used as busses in BM3 - it just requires a tweak to pre/post-fader send settings.

    If using AUX channels as mixing busses you just have to enable pre-fader sends on any channels you want to group and then drop the channel fader to 0 (-infinity). Once you've done this the corresponding send dial effectively becomes your gain control for that particular stem.

    2. You can create up to 8 AUX channels, and each one can be a separate 'bus'

    Just be aware that if you have more than 2 AUX channels you have to modify the mixer view in order to see the sends for AUX #3-#8. I'll show you in a quick video

    Be right back,

    I'm going to make you a quick video showing the setup process....

    Here you go - this video shows how to use AUX1 as a bus for 2 drum tracks

    BEWARE - it gets a little loud in the middle, as I deliberately demonstrated how the volume of the drum tracks is doubled at first, but then is fixed once you enable pre-fader sends and kill the fader

    The post/pre-fader sends control is highlighted below. It is a toggle per-channel (or per-pad). If you end up using more than 2 AUX channels you’ll need to hit the All sends button (circled in yellow) to see the dials for AUX 3-8

  • Video added. :)

  • Thorough as usual @tk32 :+1: !!

Sign In or Register to comment.