Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOOPY and VOLT Synth LIVE Looping Improv | haQ attaQ

I’ve been using a wide range of Synthesizers and synthesis methods, both analogue and digital, for the past 25 years to make a huge amount of sounds. I’ve made sounds for my own productions, sounds that I’ve given away and I’ve also been hired by synth developers to make preset packs. But I’ve realised that I rarely use the sounds I make and I always end up making new sounds when I produce music.

So for once I wanted to see what would happen if I only used my own “finished” sounds, recording stuff on the fly. To do this I needed my recording setup to feel “organic” and instant, something that wouldn’t require me to do anything else but to press record and just play.

It turns out that Loopy HD by A Tasty Pixel together with a thoroughly mapped out KORG nanoKONTROL Studio MIDI controller was the answer. I’m only using VOLT Synth by Kai Aras aka Numerical Audio and the haQ paQ (that I was hired to make) sound pack as my sound source. I made the drums with DM2 by Audionomy.

haQattaQ

Comments

• Love it!

• That was nice - enjoyed that „A LOT“.

• Is that 2 iPads (Lightning connectors) and another USB connectable tablet for the audio signal display?

Is there an iConnect audio interface in the rig to route audio over USB or another path to get the remote Audio into Loopy?

I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads so I'm always thinking about options to connect them. The iPhones can run a lot of Apps that I have deleted from my primary iPad for extra space and ideally I'd love to avoid D-to-A and A-to-D's if at all possible.

I might just break out the Mackie Mixer and go old school if I have to. I just like what I'm seeing here so much more than all those cables. I just need a real USB host (I do have a Mac and duh but I'd rather not use yet another DAW).

Thanks Haq, you're our only hope. (Make a video).