Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Streetlytron Pro vs. ‘63 Edition

I’m looking to pick one of these up for some sweet Mellotron sounds, but not sure which to choose with the Easter sale.

Seems like the major difference is a few different voices and violins from the SopranoTron2 set (which I don’t own yet) and 8 seconds vs 5 second sample size, plus a much bigger install size.

For those who own both, which would you recommend more?

I’m leaning towards the ‘63 to stretch my iTunes account further but with the sale I’m not sure.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Haven’t got the Pro, but bought ‘63 in the sale yesterday and very happy with it.

• edited April 2019

I have the Pro version but I am still thinking a lighter version might come in handy at some point. Or not. On the fence for the '63 version.. Here's the main differences:

Streetlytron Series
    Streetlytron ​Pro includes complete Sopranotron 2 sample sets, 90 voices in total

STREETLYTRON PRO EDITION
    Absolutely authentic mellotron experience for professional users / recording studios

• Full 8 second samples
    • Sample-per-note (chromatic samples) - 35 unique samples per voice
    • Switchable looping for maximum playability
    • Sopranotron 2 samples included - 15 Soprano voice plus 10 violin samples

STREETLYTRON '63 EDITION
    Extremely accurate Mellotronics experience for 'prosumers' and live performance

• Extremely difficult to distinguish recordings, mixes and live performance from Pro version

5x reduced storage requirement on device - 315MB vs. 1.7GB

• Reduced app memory footprint / reduced memory pressure for older devices
    • Faster voice switching than Pro version for live performance
    • Ultra-efficient, runs beautifully on iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5G

5 second looped samples

• Minor third sampling interval
    • Within sampled 35 note range, no played note is more than 1 semitone away from its recorded sample
  • Bought the Pro... wanted to have all the voices. Sounds stupendous!

• Ah knickers, I missed the Sopranotron bit with the Pro, didn’t realise that was included. Never mind, happy with the lower space/cpu hit of the 63. Notice Sopranotron 2 is on sale anyway, so might pick it up.

• Bought the Pro version last night, and then lost several hours swimming in exceptional samples. If you collect high-quality sounds to use in lots of places, these should be on your list.

Bummer that it's not AUv3, so awkward workflow. The mellotron sounds by themselves are impressive, but the extra organs, strings, and vox samples put this way over the top for me. Nice reverb too. Fingers crossed for AUv3, but I'm not hopeful.

• Over a year ago they said directly to me that they were looking at AUV3, but not to hold my breath, I didn’t, and don’t expect it, though stranger things have happened - it is a lovely instrument to play though...

• I have the Streetlytron Pro app and I really enjoy playing it. My iPad Air 3 freezes a lot for no reason. It's an issue others have as well. Nothing I've tried has fixed it.

So I'm wondering- are these exact samples available in any other form, like hardware or even a desktop app? Are the Streetly samples in M-Tron the same as these? Do they sound as good? Do any of the hardware mellotrons contain these same samples?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2021

i always dug Super Manetron. really authentic mellotron sound.