Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone tried transferring SynthMaster VST patches to iOS SynthMaster player?

I’ve been testing out using SynthMaster player on iOS and Mac recently. I got it because it seemed one of the cheapest ways to get some MPE action going - and with the idea that I can work on a project on iOS and use the same sound on Mac. I’m loving using GeoShred to play some MPE - and I want to start collecting some good solo style MPE instruments.

I’m thinking of getting the full SynthMaster on Mac so I can create my own presets.

Two questions:
1. Has anyone managed to transfer their own SynthMaster presets from Mac to iOS?
2. Has anyone tried importing SFZ sample sets into Mac SynthMaster?

If importing sfz works well I am wondering if it would be a good way of getting sounds into iOS - and also be able to use them on Mac.

I’d be grateful if anyone has any experiences they can share!

Thanks 😀
Rick

Comments

• Well I've watched a couple of videos..

It seems like you just drag a bunch of WAV (or AIFF) onto an oscillator and it imports them (and possibly creates it's own sfz at the same time?). There are 2 layers - with 2 oscillators in each. So should be able to set up 4 velocity layers with any luck. There is also an "Additive" oscillator mode that turn one oscillator into 8!! Crazy. Not sure if each of those can have its own sample attached to it - or if it has to be a simple thing like Sine / Triangle etc.

Just downloaded Synthmaster 2.9 on my mac now. I'm going in...... Will report back later if I survive.

• edited April 2019

Here's what I've found out so far:

Synthmaster does import wav and aif ( but not if they have the extension .aif - only if they are .aiff )

The multiple sample set import is not working for me with the samples I've tried so far. When I've dragged in a bunch of .aiff files each one seems to get it's own individual sfz file created. It could be that the files I have are not named well for Synthmaster to recognise. I'm using a set of samples I just created using MainStage's AutoSampler. These were .aif so I had to rename them .aiff to get them to load.

The sfz files end up with the imported aiffs in: Documents > SynthMaster > Samples

However - I've tested combining the text from the individual text files - and once the text is all combined for all the samples and saved as a new sfz file SynthMaster does recognise a proper Multisample set with velocity and note spread - and it can play this back on just One of it's 4 oscillators :)
    So it would be possible to layer with key clunk or anything else that took your fancy from the 3 other oscillators.

Here's a bit of the sfz file from SynthMaster I created today:

sample=TJ Flute2-A2-64-1HDW.aiff lokey=0 hikey=127 lovel=0 hivel=64 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=57 loop_start=85805 loop_end=113874 loop_mode=continuous

sample=TJ Flute2-A2-127-SOV0.aiff lokey=0 hikey=127 lovel=65 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=57 loop_start=85510 loop_end=113579 loop_mode=continuous

sample=TJ Flute2-A3-64-LUZO.aiff lokey=0 hikey=127 lovel=0 hivel=64 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=69 loop_start=88511 loop_end=104648 loop_mode=continuous

sample=TJ Flute2-A3-127-1ZPC.aiff lokey=0 hikey=127 lovel=65 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=69 loop_start=90247 loop_end=104203 loop_mode=continuous

I set up an Automator script to combine the text from all the .sfz files and save it as a new file.

So the upshot of it is - it does work but it is a bit of a faff.

Next steps... Investigating how ( or IF! ) I can transfer these files from Sythmaster mac to SynthMaster Player iOS

• Hmm - I think I need to work on the lokey and hikey settings in that sfz file snippet above. So that it matches the pitch_keycenter of the notes (which SynthMaster did correctly copy)

Here's a clip of one of the factory sfz files:

sample=Multi.C2.wav lokey=0 hikey=36 lovel=0 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=36
    sample=Multi.C#2.wav lokey=37 hikey=37 lovel=0 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=37
    sample=Multi.D2.wav lokey=38 hikey=38 lovel=0 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=38
    sample=Multi.D#2.wav lokey=39 hikey=39 lovel=0 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=39
    sample=Multi.E2.wav lokey=40 hikey=40 lovel=0 hivel=127 pitch_keytrack=100 pitch_keycenter=40

• edited April 2019

I'm really struggling to transfer the Presets I've created on SynthMaster 2.9 to the iOS Player. I've tried using iTunes - but not sure where to put the files - or how. I tried putting the preset in a Preset folder, and the sfz and samples in the Samples folder. I tried putting them at the root level. I tried combinations of both. The manual doesn't say anything about how to do this.

@lbiyikoglu @kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio Help :)

I’m just about to update my Mac to Mojave to see if that makes any difference to the iTunes file exchange

• @kv331audio_bulent I realized that there is a bug with SM 2.9, 'export ios presets' does not appear on the menu, we should fix this.

Btw there's a basic manual inside the app which covers this topic, please have a look at from menu->Info (question mark icon)

In the meantime we'll fix the SM2.9 bug, without the 'export ios bank' option you can't transfer the presets

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    @kv331audio_bulent I realized that there is a bug with SM 2.9, 'export ios presets' does not appear on the menu, we should fix this.

Btw there's a basic manual inside the app which covers this topic, please have a look at from menu->Info (question mark icon)

In the meantime we'll fix the SM2.9 bug, without the 'export ios bank' option you can't transfer the presets

Thank you for looking into the problem @lbiyikoglu - I’ll check out the in app help. I did not notice that facility!

As I’ve been exploring SynthMaster I’ve realised what a deep and powerful synth it is - it will take me some time to understand everything. Lots of fun to be had along the way :smiley: