Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - April 2019

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JonathanMac said:

@richardyot said:

Thanks - I'm always impressed by your ears, always catching those details :)

(And yes that is a slide guitar phrase in the later choruses)

Thank you for the compliment! I hope use my ears while I've still got 'em! I had a SSHL incident about a year ago. I lost low end hearing from about Middle C and down in my right ear. It "mostly" came back after treatment (low end - about 100Hz and down is still attenuated a bit, but I can hear it), so glad I can still hear at least well enough to enjoy good music.
    BTW, I’m really enjoying your new album. The melodies are getting stuck in my head🙂

Wow thanks for saying that. And really sorry to hear about the sudden onset deafness, that must be terrifying :o

• Something I wouldn't normally do. From the album Darkness, now available on Bandcamp.
    https://tjporter.bandcamp.com/

• My song this month was a bit of an experiment in trying to take a minor key moody cascade song structure (akin to Mono or GS!YBE) and fill it using iOS instruments. It ended up close to full blown techno by the end which is not exactly what I expected, but seemed to fit at the time?
    Composed in NanoStudio2 with help from Tardigrain, SamplerFX, SynthScaper, Ruismaker Noir, Kleverb, and Shimmer. Finalized in Audio Mastering.

• Having fun with lots of iOS apps (see description). and Valhalla Delay with Khords.

• Hi all!
    This is live recorded in my kitchen. I wanted to make a quick recording with only one take for each part. Sometimes that’s the most fun way of creating music. Recorded with ipad and the video was created with lumafusion.

• @trackedout said:

Cool track man. I imagine sitting in a bar drinking beer with some friends and listening to this live would be pretty awesome.

• My entry this time around. Will listen to others again and comment. I am in for some different influences however for me I find myself sticking to the same stuff each time. This does not only apply to my music though. Same house, same job, same family, same food and listening habits. I like it! But, I keep an ear open to new influences as I said, so I will listen to others as well. There is nothing like an open mind.

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month: drums, bass and synths were performed/sequenced in NS2, and guitars, vocals and final mix done in Auria:

Sounds a little like Keane. Catchy tune, I like the melancholy. Well done!

• @marmakin said:
    My song of the month is my version of a hip hop song haha. I sampled from Ström and tried to make the vocals sound rhythmic.

Love it.

• @trackedout said:

I like the bluesy feels but you need to organize the different parts some more, the interfere with each other rhythmically and it makes it hard to listen to at the end. But as I said I like the vibe in this song, keep it going!

• @studs1966 said:
    Hi guys.. I have ran out of snippets... But I have had a lot of work with Record Labels.. So much so, I have not had time to make recent new ones.. So instead of link Traxsource, or Beatport, & peeing a few people off. I decided to post YouTube links instead of Soundcloud.. By the the way, ayes I am sort of promoting, but I haven’t done it for that reason.. It’s just two things.. It’s a snippet demo & it’s my music, but signed with label at same time.. I really hope I don’t piss anyone off?.. It’s the nearest I could think of adding to the club this month?...

Nice disco funk. Really well rounded. Sometime in the mix the guitars can shut up for a while though, but other than that it’s excellent. I assume you do succesfully sell some of these babies.

• @ToMess said:

Heres a small live modbap jam on my small eurorack. Kick, snare and hats come from ruismaker and ruismaker fm layered and everything else is from my rack and goes through AUM and some AU FXs. Everything is controlled by BSP and hands. I figured to put one of the waveforms of a bass VCO through guitar tube preamp and i think it sounds pretty nice.

@marmakin said:
    My song of the month is my version of a hip hop song haha. I sampled from Ström and tried to make the vocals sound rhythmic.

I liked this in general, smooth and chill vibes. A small vocal section(like half a verse) would had taken this to next level tho. One thing i found a bit disturbing was the LFO on guitar often going a bit all over the place, but its not a big deal and maybe something i would grow into if i listened the song few more times.
    The ending was great, i really liked that noise right before the end and the inhaling fitted nicely as well to end the song.

Hardcore stuff. I never can achieve this rawness. Respect!

• @DrRinkel said:
    Here's my track of this month. Again a very short one, hope you enjoy it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5BiUZswu1nsDcmmajCX0RG?si=5BjXf6NKRe2_0syDFfYUBg

Great stuff, very lazy but tight at the same time. Like it a lot. Woops, then it is already over and done with. Too short!

• @JonathanMac said:
    My entry...all I could find time for is a remix of last months entry. I changed the synth presets, replace the piano with Salamander, exported audio to Auria Pro, and remixed using ProR, ProQ, ProL and Sarurn. I think this version sounds better.

This could be in a Japanese anime movie, like spirited away or something. Anyway it is moviestuff. Scenic and thematic. Keep it up!

• @tjporter said:
    Something I wouldn't normally do. From the album Darkness, now available on Bandcamp.
    https://tjporter.bandcamp.com/

Haha that video. Fucking hilarious. But not without your fine music, it is well produced. Eerie amd upbeat at the same time. Nice!

• @Jumpercollins said:

Having fun with lots of iOS apps (see description). and Valhalla Delay with Khords.

Some epic shit! Wow, it is a warm blanket and spikey all the same, uneven and fullfilling. Mellow!

• edited April 2019

@PFAUX said:
    My song this month was a bit of an experiment in trying to take a minor key moody cascade song structure (akin to Mono or GS!YBE) and fill it using iOS instruments. It ended up close to full blown techno by the end which is not exactly what I expected, but seemed to fit at the time?
    Composed in NanoStudio2 with help from Tardigrain, SamplerFX, SynthScaper, Ruismaker Noir, Kleverb, and Shimmer. Finalized in Audio Mastering.

Strange work, but well executed. It has me confused but that’s what you wanted right?

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!
    This is live recorded in my kitchen. I wanted to make a quick recording with only one take for each part. Sometimes that’s the most fun way of creating music. Recorded with ipad and the video was created with lumafusion.

Reminds me of Zelda 64, the village with the mill. Good memories, great instrument. What is that mouth piece?

• @marmakin said:

I really like this. I would like to put my vocals to this kind of beat. 👏👍

• @Eriko said:

@studs1966 said:
    Hi guys.. I have ran out of snippets... But I have had a lot of work with Record Labels.. So much so, I have not had time to make recent new ones.. So instead of link Traxsource, or Beatport, & peeing a few people off. I decided to post YouTube links instead of Soundcloud.. By the the way, ayes I am sort of promoting, but I haven’t done it for that reason.. It’s just two things.. It’s a snippet demo & it’s my music, but signed with label at same time.. I really hope I don’t piss anyone off?.. It’s the nearest I could think of adding to the club this month?...

Nice disco funk. Really well rounded. Sometime in the mix the guitars can shut up for a while though, but other than that it’s excellent. I assume you do succesfully sell some of these babies.

Thanks mate.. Ummm.. Yes.. The music I have sold has just paid for a pair Adams A7X monitors & Adams 10 Sub.. Bearing in mind Record Label gets 50% of takings too.. & Just finished, & about to sign contract for Soulful Jack Album for them.. so far doing ok with just this project alone.. o:)

• @ToMess this is my favorite entry as yet. I guess it’s the modular system that gives it the raw sound. The song kept my attention and interest even though it only loops over the same chord progression. Very cool. What I love most is the sounds very nice choice of sounds.

• @Eriko said:

@fattigman said:
    Hi all!

Reminds me of Zelda 64, the village with the mill. Good memories, great instrument. What is that mouth piece?

Thanks for the feedback. The instruments I’m using is ukulele and melodica. The mouthpiece is for blowing air into the melodica which makes sounds

• @PFAUX said:
    My song this month was a bit of an experiment in trying to take a minor key moody cascade song structure (akin to Mono or GS!YBE) and fill it using iOS instruments. It ended up close to full blown techno by the end which is not exactly what I expected, but seemed to fit at the time?

Some nice sounds and textures here, and I like the minimal melody and the swell of the dynamics and arrangement.

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!

Excellent! :)

I love everything about this. from the heartfelt vocal performances to the ukulele and melodica playing. Is this an original song of yours? It's great.

• @Eriko said:

My entry this time around. Will listen to others again and comment. I am in for some different influences however for me I find myself sticking to the same stuff each time. This does not only apply to my music though. Same house, same job, same family, same food and listening habits. I like it! But, I keep an ear open to new influences as I said, so I will listen to others as well. There is nothing like an open mind.

A nice bit of old school techno. The track is wayyyyyy to long considering that there is only one musical idea here, so 9 minutes is a massive overindulgence. It should be trimmed down to under 3 minutes and then maybe some additional variations such as a drop or a counter-melody thrown in as well.

Some nice sounds and it could be a good example of the genre, but it needs more thought put into the structure and arrangement, so that there is something for the listener to enjoy.

• @richardyot thanks a lot for your comments. No it’s not an original song, I wish it was 😁
    Here’s the original it’s an old reggae classic

• https://open.spotify.com/track/65cKvZlkVPkdIy0sLgQwMT?nd=1

I know it’s late in the month but life has been kicking my ass again, this time roomate eviction probs.

• edited April 2019

Holy hells, Batman! He's not dead! OK. So it's been around SIX MONTHS since I finished a track and posted here. Life, ya know? But it wasn't for lack of keeping my hands on the music. This one actually came together pretty quick once I "got serious" again. Zero iOS involvement for the first time ever in my posts here. This one is all PC + a little Roland SE-02.

It came about because I was messing around and made a dozen loops quickly over the course of a few days. This one appeared and made me think, "That sounds a little bit like Enigma... huh... LET'S DO THIS!" Of course, the end result sounds like me, or, according to a friend, not like me, but like a bastard child of Enigma and Kavinsky.

At any rate, I'm very happy with how this turned out.

http://callforsubmission.bandcamp.com/track/the-one