Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scythe Synthesizer by Bitmask Studio Ltd. Is free right now

Comments

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I point this out so that someone doesn't read this and get SunVox thinking they'll get a straightforward wavetable synth. Or get Scythe thinking that it is like SunVox.

Good thinking. On another thread (one of yours?) it's been determined that there are very few WaveTable Synths. But there are settings in Granular Synths that can come close, right?
    Buy SpaceCraft Granular, casual readers!

SunVox is the ultimate IOS puzzle box. Like an "Escape Room" for IOS Music. (Another attempt and analogy... I'll wait).

SunVox is more like a software-based Gravis Ultra Sound (the GUS) card.

I wouldn’t say there are very few wavetable synths on iOS. There are quite a few. That discussion was about wavetable synths that generate wavetables from audio files. There aren’t a lot of those.

Re-granular synthesis, I must not have been clear in what I said. I was saying that in theory, you can think of wavetable as a sort of special case of granular synthesis..but didn’t mean that from a practical perspective that existing granular synths are a good substitute for wavetable synths (or vice versa).

• Btw, I have added a Knowledge Base article where you can share tips, tricks and knowledge:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32341/scythe-synthesizer-from-bitmask-studio/p1?new=1

(Knowledge base articles are for sharing tips, tricks and knowledge -- rather than the sort of discussions we have in the main forum).

After a little testing today, I found that when importing 44.1kHz audio that you get about 1.1 seconds of that audio converted to a wavetable.

Also that a single slice of a 220Hz sine wave's wavetable is two sine wave cycles.

• Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

I occasionally get crashes. I haven’t nailed down the steps. If you can find stepson reproduce, the dev will likely look into it.

• Scythe Synthesizer got an update today!

Over 50 new presets and 100 new wavetables added to the factory content.
    Generell improvements.

• @chandroji said:
    Scythe Synthesizer got an update today!

Generell improvements.

Awesome indeed!

• @chandroji said:

Generell improvements.

The presets are awesome too! Pong is especially entertaining.

• Only just got Scythe - it’s got some unique points, but one of the things that really bugs me is if you set a longish release time, and the wavetable is modulated by an lfo, it just stops where it is as soon as you release a key. Surely this is not right. Why diesn’t the lfo modulation continue while the sound is still audible?

• @PhilW said:
    Only just got Scythe - it’s got some unique points, but one of the things that really bugs me is if you set a longish release time, and the wavetable is modulated by an lfo, it just stops where it is as soon as you release a key. Surely this is not right. Why diesn’t the lfo modulation continue while the sound is still audible?

That would be great. I suggest writing to the dev. There is a contact link on the site.

• Do not see update. Where did you get this?

@CracklePot said:

@chandroji said:

Generell improvements.

Awesome indeed!

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Do not see update. Where did you get this?

@CracklePot said:

@chandroji said:

Generell improvements.

Awesome indeed!

Search for the app in the App Store if it doesn’t show up on Updates page. There is some latency in apps showing up on Updates page sometimes.

• @Crawlingwind said:

@CracklePot said:

@chandroji said:

Generell improvements.

Awesome indeed!

It’s the update version 1.7 for iPad what came yesterday.
    For the iPhone I didn’t receive an update...

• So bizarre , my bedroom Air 1 10.3.3 updated no problem. My studio iPad Pro 10.5 with the latest never saw an update available. I had to delete and reinstall, then was able to see the new stuff. Never saw that before.

@espiegel123 said:

@Crawlingwind said:

@CracklePot said:

@chandroji said:

Generell improvements.

Awesome indeed!

Search for the app in the App Store if it doesn’t show up on Updates page. There is some latency in apps showing up on Updates page sometimes.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Anybody else getting crashes? I'm mostly trying out stuff on my bedroom Air 1, 10.3.3 and have experienced crashes, esp in the Wave Creator. Will see how it plays on my Pro 10.5.

Air2, 12.0.1 - Yep, especially on swopping out presets.

• Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Same here, crashing on the presets. (IPad Pro 12.9 2017 model, IOS 12.2)

• @Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Pierre118 said:
    Perhaps a stupid question, sorry for that. But where can I find my purchases? I do not see them in the presets?> @Paul16 said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Are notes sounding when you change presets? It seems like it is especially prone to crash if it is generating sound and the preset or wavetable changes.

@espiegel123 Yes, it crashes while notes are sounding and changing presets

• Crashing for me too, every single time I try and load a preset.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Crashing for me too, every single time I try and load a preset.

Is that loading any preset, a particular preset?

Does it happen even if no notes are playing?

• Let's just be honest, this thing is a dud, and I wasted money on it.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Let's just be honest, this thing is a dud, and I wasted money on it.

Well, that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Plenty of people like it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Well, that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Plenty of people like it.

I like it. It sounds a certain way, by default, but if you speed up the index sweep it sounds more interesting to me. The default slow index sweep makes everything sound kind of similar, and not that interesting to my ears.

Adding some external FX always helps, too.

• I posted a tweet on the developers Twitter page to let him know about the crash of Scyth when playing a sound and change the preset. Or does he have a account here on the forum?

• There is an email link his website.

• @espiegel123 said:
    There is an email link his website.

Just send a e-mail. Hope you will do that too.

• Working fine for me on iOS 12.2 on 10.5 Pro. Also working fine on iPhone SE.

The wave creator and the fx iap are worth getting. I have them on the iPad install but not for iPhone. Controls are a bit too tiny on an iPhone SE screen.

Remember you can import in your own samples from AudioShare, etc.

I’d like to see him take it AUv3 and maybe spin off that wave creator iap as a separate app. And make the wave creator able to export wave tables to use in other apps.

• @Pierre118 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    There is an email link his website.

Just send a e-mail. Hope you will do that too.

I sent a detailed report earlier today.

• This poor developer cannot catch a break. He'll get another update out and stabilize the app, I'll bet.

"Free App" right now and negative attention after an update.

• I like it, and hope the dev works out the bugs. I poured a drink last night, got busy with a droney patch, and forgot to drink it. That rarely ever happens!

@oat_phipps said:

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@Crawlingwind said:
    I like it, and hope the dev works out the bugs. I poured a drink last night, got busy with a droney patch, and forgot to drink it. That rarely ever happens!

@oat_phipps said:

I've had some fun with it. It pains me when others don't and just trash it's reputation.
    Oh well. Beta testing is important for just this impact on the brand. But the developer seems
    to be gifted at 90% of making a product. That extra 10% is just painful to watch. I think this is his only product and years are invested. I bought all the IAP's for $7 out of respect for the
    products unique sound and design. I draw the line at the really expensive Wavetable products.