Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No more sale... bye bye

edited June 2019 in Market Place

https://www.waves.com/specials

(edit: creepy tracking stuff removed from url)

Comments

• edited April 2019

I don't use any waves plugs.... which are the no-brainer picks?

• Seeing as its each and every one that's $29 (minus 4 plugins from what I can see) it's hard to pick the essential ones. Best deal I've seen from Waves.

Anyway, for me, the essential ones are any of the SSL Channels and the Scheps Omni Channel (really love this one). But it really depends on what you're looking for. Waves stuff gets so many video reviews, it's easy to research anything that takes your fancy.

• I like C6 multiband compressor, Vitamin exciter, LoAir subharmonic enhancer, Trans-X transient designer...

FX: Mondomod, Enigma, Hybrid Series, Meta Series, IR Convulsion Reverb.

Mastering: Linear Phase Series, Center, L3 Multiband Maximizer, Eddie Kramer Series, PAZ Analyzer.

It's been a few years since I bought any desktop plugins, and I never bought into the 'vintage-modeled' plugs with the old-school graphics. I have too many, most of which I never use. Those are the ones I do use regularly.

Check out AudioDeluxe.com for even better deals. I got the Waves Gold Bundle and the Sound Design Suite for $150 each. Black Friday. Also needed a $10 64bit oscilloscope, and they gave me the $300 bundle from Blue Cat Audio. For $10.

In the UK, check out pluginboutique.com. Check out kvraudio.com for price lists.

• To be honest, I'm not sure dealing with Waves' authorization process or their Mossad 'customer service' is worth it. If you're an IT person and tinker with your PC, that raises a red-flag to them. I wouldn't do it again, but their plugs are good and easy to use.

Free stuff that covers a lot of audio engineering tools: AirWindows, Blue Cat, Togu Audio Line (TAL), Voxengo, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Vladg Sound...Some of that is better than Waves.

• The Kramer tape plugin has such a cool interface that it tempts me to buy it. Unfortunately, I listen to the demos and can’t really hear a difference when it’s enabled, and it looks like it’s designed for pop/rock instead of the orchestral style composing that I do.

Scarlet Jerry

• edited April 2019

I picked two restoration-plugs - x-click and x-crackle.
    Plus Wave Tunes, I ever wanted this but it was to expensive.

• edited April 2019

@ocelot I am in general in complete agreement with you ref Waves 'vintage analog modeling' products. Things like the Neve and API eq products only model the EQ curve, not the nonlinear saturation distortion that makes Neve and API hardware so covetable. However, both the Scheps and SSL products do model the nonlinear saturation distortion as well as the EQ curves. I test every demo before purchase with various measurement tools such as DDMF's Plugin Doctor. And then of course, I use my ears to make my final judgment. :)

My love for the Scheps channel is that it features separate modeling of the preamp distortion and on the output circuit. This provides a huge amount of tone control.

Waves much like Arturia have a lot of haters on the social web and much of it is well deserved, but competition and the good old free market made both companies up their game.

Outside of Waves, my favourite desktop 'analog modelled' EQ is the Slyfi Axis EQ, which is a true API emulation, and features the best quality nonlinear saturation modeling of any desktop plugin I've used. The other great thing it does, is that it simultaneously compresses the signal in a very musical way once you drive the saturation control past 12'oclock. Slyfi usually has an easter promotion and make their products available as both rental and outright purchase.

• Reverb.com often has great pricing for plugins. I managed to grab the Waves Platinum Bundle for only $75 last weekend.

• edited April 2019

On the subject of absolute bargains. These are absolute gems from the 32-bit era of plugins.

I use this in every session in tandem with their saturation plugin.

The company was run by a legendary studio owner/engineer and his wife and the husband sadly died a few years back. But the URS plugins are still widely used in many major league studios so the wife has ensured the plugins are kept up to date to work with the leading 32-bit wrappers such as JBridge and has updated both Channel Strip Pro and Saturation to 64-bit, but Channel Strip Pro is only available as a TDM plugin at 64-bit.

The reason they're so great is (I'll let their sales blurb say the rest)

Channel Strip Pro
    - 30 Selectable Input Stage Algorithms
    - 60 Selectable Channel Compressor/ Limiter starting points - Pre or Post EQ
    - 5 Selectable EQ Algorithms for each Fully Sweepable Parametric band
    - 5 Compressor Auto Release Algorithms
    - Compressor Wet/Dry Mix Control
    - Compressor Normal or Fast Attack Algorithms
    - Channel Filters - Pre or Post Compressor or Sidechainable
    - Powerful De-esser and other included special effects
    - Interactive Signal Flow Display Section follows the signal path
    - Super DSP efficient URS Classic Console Strip version included

Saturation
    - Six Vintage Pre Amplifier Algorithms
    - Two Tape Saturation Algorithms
    - Two Transformer Core Saturation Algorithms
    - Even and Odd Ordered Harmonics
    - Tube and Discrete Analog Saturation
    - Soft Clipping

There's nothing on the market that matches the sheer variety to tonal shaping options as these two products and the core algorithms haven't been changed in 10 years. These were the products that kicked off the whole vintage modelling trend in desktop plugins and they're still the best.

$99 a piece is pocket change considering what they used to sell for. And for that money, you're effectively getting all of their EQ, compressor and desk modelling products rolled into two products. You'll need a 32-bit wrapper to use Channel Strip Pro (about $15 for JBridge if memory serves right), but more problematic for some is the need of an iLok key, but if you're down with those factors you're pretty much getting better versions of the whole of Waves vintage modelling products for $200 (the SSL and Scheps are the Wave products that are the exception to the last statement).

• I have pretty much all the waves plugins. Picked up the only one I wanted (WNS Noise Reduction) because it’s rarely been on sale.

Honestly I would have never bought as many had I come across plugin alliance before. Those have become my bread and butter. But I will say that Scheps Omni Channel is fantastic and worth well over $29. I also use their Sibilance plugin more than any other de-Esser.

On the creative side, Doppler is pretty unique and fun. Abbey Road Vinly is my favorite vinly emulation. There aren’t many doublers like Reel ADT. Torque is an amazing tool for altering drums in both creative and technical ways.

• @DCJ said:

Honestly I would have never bought as many had I come across plugin alliance before. Those have become my bread and butter. But I will say that Scheps Omni Channel is fantastic and worth well over $29. I also use their Sibilance plugin more than any other de-Esser.

Agreed about the Sibilance plugin. It's also great for taming the harsh top-end of instrument stems.

For any wondering about the praise for the Scheps Omni Channel:

https://soundonsound.com/reviews/waves-scheps-omni-channel

• good stuff you guys , digesting it all... gratefully :)

• I got the WNS Noise Suppressor plugin. It’s normally $499 and I do a lot of post production sound mixing so it was a no brained for me.

• edited April 2019

woot .. I was seriously considering buying the $299 Gold Bundle but opted instead for the $99 silver bundle. After finalizing order, I decided to immediately check out my upgrade options for future reference - gold offered for $74 to silver owners. (while the sale is still active) Sure, I'll take that!
    Tremendous value for the number & quality of plugins.
    Thanks for posting about the sale btw, I wouldn't have likely noticed it otherwise.

• @jonmoore said:
    @ocelot I am in general in complete agreement with you ref Waves 'vintage analog modeling' products. Things like the Neve and API eq products only model the EQ curve, not the nonlinear saturation distortion that makes Neve and API hardware so covetable. However, both the Scheps and SSL products do model the nonlinear saturation distortion as well as the EQ curves. I test every demo before purchase with various measurement tools such as DDMF's Plugin Doctor. And then of course, I use my ears to make my final judgment. :)

My love for the Scheps channel is that it features separate modeling of the preamp distortion and on the output circuit. This provides a huge amount of tone control.

Waves much like Arturia have a lot of haters on the social web and much of it is well deserved, but competition and the good old free market made both companies up their game.

Outside of Waves, my favourite desktop 'analog modelled' EQ is the Slyfi Axis EQ, which is a true API emulation, and features the best quality nonlinear saturation modeling of any desktop plugin I've used. The other great thing it does, is that it simultaneously compresses the signal in a very musical way once you drive the saturation control past 12'oclock. Slyfi usually has an easter promotion and make their products available as both rental and outright purchase.

We haven't tried the SSL plugs yet, but have heard that they're in another league. Hopefully Waves updates the Neve plugs and the other older vintage plugs, but I guess modeling the saturation characteristics would require a lot more work for them. Plus customers would complain about the increase in CPU usage.

As far as Waves technical support, the times I made contact have left me with a very sour taste. Frequently after updating Waves Central, the plugs just stopped working. Arturia on the other hand has been great in my experience. A couple hiccups here and there but their support has always been quick and friendly without demanding to remotely log onto our PC like Waves does.

Never heard of Slyfi, will have to check them out. So many choices these days.

• in case you thought you missed it

• Very 2000.... no iOS?

• @nerVe said:
    Very 2000.... no iOS?

I don't know what very 2000 means, but regarding iOS these programs are not compatible with the iOS platform, they're vst programs.

• edited May 2019

@jonmoore said:
    ...... However, both the Scheps and SSL products do model the nonlinear saturation distortion as well as the EQ curves. I test every demo before purchase with various measurement tools such as DDMF's Plugin Doctor. And then of course, I use my ears to make my final judgment. :)

Hi Jon. I just wanted to thank you for pointing out the Scheps omni channel - I bought it in this sale thanks to your recommendation (and the Sound on Sound review you linked to).

It sounds fantastic! Especially on vocals.. it gives a certain pleasing tonal quality even at quite low saturation levels. I'm also using it on the stereo mixbus for a minuscule amount of mater saturation. Really enjoying it.

EDIT: BY THE WAY - SALE IS NOT ON ANY MORE

• Smacks head...

• hey anybody know how long this sale will be on, can't see anything about when it's over on the site?