Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio 2 official thread

1575859606163»

Comments

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    It seems like a great deal right now. I mean, it also depends on how you feel about joining a cult. ;)

Considering I joined said cult with this deal there might be future experiments in the future D:

• Beware! I assume you know the punishment for revealing the secret handshake or the seven sacred rituals.

• I don’t use it much but thats not because it isn’t an excellent app. It’s great. At the current price it might be the best value available today.

I like how the new MK3 workflow looks. Absolutely no need for it today but if by some grace of the gods it should be on sale for half price I’d buy it in a nanosecond.lol

• @EyeOhEss said:

@drez said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@MonzoPro said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@wim said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Well yeah not planning to buy in its current state ...

Heh. Not having AudioBus isn’t an issue for ya then anyway is it? B)

Nope, no issue at all :) Continually weighing ns2 purchase up. Yet to jump...

Half price sounds good deal but if I have to buy audiobus too......not so much.

It’s actually a third of the original price. Worth it alone for the synth.

Don’t really feel like I need another iOS synth right now. Got so many already that if I spent money/attention on more it’d feel like losing the money I spent on the ones I already have ;)

You’ve spent all this money on synths and whatnot but you can’t buy audiobus? :lol:

Personally, since I use their forum for stuff that has zero to do with audiobus I felt obliged to buy it. Then I ended up using it as a good tool for different situations. Great purchase for me.

None of the ‘synths and whatnot’ I use require Audiobus, so it hasn’t been something I’ve been drawn toward. Sorry!

You sound like you're judging me or feel like you have a moral high ground because I’m using this forum without owning It? I wasn’t asked for a serial number for signup so I didn’t realise it was a prerequisite...

Imagine if all of desktop or hardware production discussion was mostly centred around a korg or Roland forum as a hub. Whether people currently owned gear or software by them or not.....Those companies would be thrilled regardless...an open line of communication to such a huge portion of user base is quite a resource.....you shouldn’t have felt so obliged ;)

I think it’s a cool forum and audiobus is cool for providing it. But users shouldn’t try and guilt trip people in to buying stuff just because they use the forum.

I don’t care if you use it ot buy it. I just think it’s finny you don’t own it. That’s it.

• edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019
  • No audio tracks, no au fx automation, no IAA, apps like steppolyarp don’t work...
    Seems really unfinished at present so the sale price actually seems quite accurate in comparison to other similar apps...

And still, to the date i found 58 songs on Youtube made in NS2 (andi didn't searched really hard) , various styles from pure synth based deephouse to hiphop full of sampled material..

And there is plethora other songs on soundcloud... That's pretty cool for app which is available for approx 4 months :) statistically it's like every 2-3 days new song... that's pretty impressive for unfinished app :trollface:

• edited April 2019

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It seems like a great deal right now. I mean, it also depends on how you feel about joining a cult. ;)

Considering I joined said cult with this deal there might be future experiments in the future D:

I'm eager to hear your report. I just don't need to learn another environment that I have covered in other apps.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/vxkVUGtfIgLDO/giphy.gif

• @dendy Why ignoring my question? A specific reason for that?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019

Jesus, am I allowed to not be sure about buying something?

no no ... you got me wrong, that was not my point... i totally understand why you don't want to buy it and i actually think it's good decision ! One should always buy app just because it's current features not because of anticipation of some future updates - that is very wrong reason to buy app ...

i pretty much understand all you wrote in last few pages - i even didn't liked some little bit offensive reactions on your posts (if you remember i requested other users to calm down).

• edited April 2019

@Pierre118 said:
    @dendy Why ignoring my question? A specific reason for that?

Ee sorry didn't noticed... ok, this is a bit complicated to answer. It may look that i know everything, especially related to current stage of developement and matt's plans but this is not the case.. It's not that linear and predictable in SW developement - some things expected to take few day eats few weeks, but on other side thing which looks complicated at fist look are then finished quickly

Today, in my work, i spend 9 hours trying to implement some feature, which was estimated for 1 hour of work. But during those 9 hours i solved few another issues and and the end of day, i closed 4 tasks which total estimated time was 5 days :))

Anyway, based on my knowledge, iphone version asap and then audio tracks are still main milestones. For this year. Would it be sooner ? Or later ? Which month ? I really really have no idea. I'm even not asking Matt about any timeline, when we are discussing - he have enough own stress and pressure and i don't want to add to it. I know about overall plans and directions, general milestones, priorities - that's all. I was always more interested in "why" and "how" than "when".

• @EyeOhEss said:

@WillieNegus said:
    I don’t use it much but thats not because it isn’t an excellent app. It’s great. At the current price it might be the best value available today.

I like how the new MK3 workflow looks. Absolutely no need for it today but if by some grace of the gods it should be on sale for half price I’d buy it in a nanosecond.lol

It seems really good at what it does currently do, but it doesn’t seem to do very much of what I personally need from this kind of iOS host/composition environment.

No audio tracks, no au fx automation, no IAA, apps like steppolyarp don’t work...

It might have a better synth than Cubasis etc, but I have au synths galore.....

Seems really unfinished at present so the sale price actually seems quite accurate in comparison to other similar apps...

I should probably buy it now while it’s cheap in anticipation of those things being added, but it seems like those things might take quite some time...

IMO, you're basically right on all accounts. I didn't go for this when it was $40, or whatever it's launch price was... because I already have plenty of hosts. I did cave finally... based on all of the over the type hype and... well... cult-like following. I bought it at it's "sale price" of $20 which was 50% off then. Now it seems it wasn't really a sale at all.. but a reduction in price. Now it's "sale price of 50% off" is from $20. WTF?

I also bought it based on all the rumors that audio was coming soon, and a significant update, etc.

It's ok. I played with it for a few days and it's passable. I don't get all the hype about it at all, and I haven't even opened it in over a month. I bought it 2 months ago. That's how much it's excited me.

I'm sure for some it's the cat's meow... but I've yet to really see what all the incessant hype was about this one to be honest.

• edited April 2019

Emmm....what?

11 bucks?

The proof that NS2 is not selling quite well.

Imho, for two reasons

-No audio tracks, no automation, no iaa, DAW concept is obsolete

-User support from betatesters

• @OnfraySin said:
    DAW concept is obsolete

And your evidence for this is?

• And scene

• Thank you, Michael.

If you have NS2 questions, just start a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.