Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

More ambient guitar (Edit: now including a second video explaining the preset....)

edited April 2019 in Creations

Having seen the ambient guitar setup posted a while ago, I was curious if I could do something similar, but with AUv3 apps only and a swell effect which is independent from the bars. After a bit of experimentation I came up with this....it’s great to have a portable setup that can be taken outside....

The swell is done with FAC Envolver routed to the Volume control of FAC Transient, other effects are STARK for amplification, the Shimmer FX by 4Pockets, BLEASS Reverb and Dubstation 2.

Comments

• edited April 2019

Hi Martin.
    Sehr fein :smile:
    Danke für‘s zeigen - ich hätte mal wieder Lust auf eine „Sitzung“ :wink:

Could you be a bit more specific about this one:
    „The swell is done with FAC Envolver routed to the Volume control of FAC Transient“?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hi Martin.
    Sehr fein :smile:
    Danke für‘s zeigen - ich hätte mal wieder Lust auf eine „Sitzung“ :wink:

Die nächsten Wochen isses etwas streßig (Konfirmandenfreizeit, Konfirmationen und Gemeindefest stehen vor der Tür....), aber so in Richtung Sommer: total gerne 😊

• Beautiful! Would echo what @MrBlaschke asks about some detail on how you did the FAC routing. :smile:

• Very nice - good job with the setup too.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Beautiful! Would echo what @MrBlaschke asks about some detail on how you did the FAC routing. :smile:

I‘ll try to make a video....😊

• really cool. I don't currently own FAC Envolver but I am about to purchase it after realizing what it can do.

• Wow toll!
    I may join the ambient guitar party here on audiobus forums.
    An dem Setup mit den swells und evolver bin ich auch interessiert 👊🏼😎

• @AlterEgo_UK @MrBlaschke @david_2017 here‘s the video, please excuse my not-that-perfect English....I tried to do it quick because I was running low on battery....😂

You can also download the AUM Preset here and make your own experiments....simply delete all apps you don’t own: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub3n4kix672oqke/Ambient Guitar.aumproj?dl=0

• Additionally, here’s a screenshot of the settings of FAC Envolver 😊

• Excellent @Martinj !
    I’m a big fan of FAC Envolver and your YouTube video does a great job showing how to set up a swell, very nice! :) :smile:

• Danke Martin!

• Very inspiring ambient guitar preset! And what a great idea to use FAC Envolver to 'swell' the FAC Transient Gain output! Thank you for sharing, @Martinj.

• Thanks, Martin! I will try and give that a go later. I still have trouble getting my head around anything that isn’t plug and play! :smiley:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks, Martin! I will try and give that a go later. I still have trouble getting my head around anything that isn’t plug and play! :smiley:

Download the AUM preset, delete or replace the apps you don’t have (and maybe, if you don’t have a Bluetooth footswitch and can’t do the „Switch thing“ delete the second channel and you basically have Plug-and-play 😉

But I know what you mean....I sometimes wish I could achieve these things by logic and plan, not by trial and error and let‘s-see-what-happens-If-I-turn-this-knob 🤣

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

Lots of great tips demo'ed here. I own everything you used except ShimmerFX but the IAA Crystaline will drop in as a decent replacement and I'll pick up ShimmerFX if it gets the Holiday Sale treatment and later if more demo's keep making me jump.

Nice tips setting up the BlueBoard creatively using Mute between channels as a toggle to save a precious Button.

• Thanks @Martinj I spent a nice hour playing through your set up. Was only missing Blease Reverb but downloaded it now :smile: I also have an iRig Blueboard but no idea how to map it to features in multiple apps :wink:

• @Martinj Just Wonderfull! Very nice of you on sharing your setup and explanation about the process. Well done!

• This demo is going to move a lot of products. Take note:

BlueBoards (IK Multimedia)
    FAC Apps
    4Pockets

This is a great way to get users to want and understand your products.

@thesoundtestroom should use clusters of products and offer AUM Projects
    to match the demos for his Patreon for subscribers.

Great job @Martinj.

I hope someone does this with the Drum Tapping config using FAC Envolver.
    Wait, I think someone did. Check it out.

• @Martinj that is amazing! So much going on with really so very little. You obviously know your tools. Thank you for sharing with the community. You are a talent good sir!

• Thanks a lot everyone...glad that this is helpful for a few people 😊
    @McD I‘ll check out the drum tapping thing, sounds interesting 😊

• I recorded some ambient guitar iOS only edition - let me know if anyone is interested in the preset. I will find a way to share

• @david_2017 said:
    I recorded some ambient guitar iOS only edition - let me know if anyone is interested in the preset. I will find a way to share

This is awesome ! What was the signal path for the guitar and how is Cality used here ? Is it driving some LFOs or synth?

• @thepinkelefant said:
    This is awesome ! What was the signal path for the guitar and how is Cality used here ? Is it driving some LFOs or synth?

It‘s a wild guess for Cality, but maybe „only“ playing the Ravenscroft.

• @david_2017 said:
    I recorded some ambient guitar iOS only edition - let me know if anyone is interested in the preset. I will find a way to share

Lovely....I‘d absolutely be interested in that preset (for sharing an AUM preset just long press on the preset, hit „share“ and export to Dropbox)

I‘m building something with COSM, Rozeta Particles, STRNG, Ravenscroft and Ambient Guitar at the moment...😊

• @thepinkelefant @MrBlaschke @Martinj

Thank you guys for your kind words and the listening. Glad you like it. First of all: good mr blaschke I took some elements from @echoopera s preset which contained The Ravenscroft and Cality. I tuned it to my liking but basically Cality is only triggering the piano ;)

Signal chain is this
    Guitar over irig HD into iPad. Then Stark. Just a little bit to get more gain but not much drive or breaking of the amp. Then into two delays (1/4 and 1/8.) from there we take it to the bleass reverb (looong tails and stuff) into ENsO and the finished loop into Stellr (ever so slightly). I recorded and played live some stuff to it.
    Parallel there is Cality driving piano in Key of G in mixolydian triggered with an E ;)

@Martinj schreib mir eine private Mail dann schick ich dir das preset einfach per E-Mail...

• @david_2017 wow...love this piece. Beautiful feel to it. Nice work 👊🏼™️Thanks for sharing 🙏🏼💕

• Here‘s the preset by @david_2017 combined with the Cosm App and some effects...

• @Martinj said:
    Here‘s the preset by @david_2017 combined with the Cosm App and some effects...

Can you share th AUM session present? Will use it a starting point and also learn from the wiring..

• @thepinkelefant said:

@Martinj said:
    Here‘s the preset by @david_2017 combined with the Cosm App and some effects...

Can you share th AUM session present? Will use it a starting point and also learn from the wiring...

There you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/barrs6r0isnerdr/Test ambient guitar cosm.aumproj?dl=0

But a word of warning: Cosm is not exactly stable as IAA, so there might be a crash from time to time. And always open Cosm BEFORE you load it into AUM (otherwise it won’t load at all)

• I like the noise stuff in cosm very much too. The waves crushing, wood breaking and stuff like that.

I did another ambient jam, this time Helix only, but I spiced it up with some AUM sample playing (modeaudio/loopmasters). The Radiotalk is processed with imaginandos latest tape delay and filtered. Thanks for your ears ;)