Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Easter Weekend (starting now) sale of my Apps Photon, Quantum etc

I didn't run a sale during black friday/cyber monday - so here is one for Easter!!!

Photon - midi file recorder/loop playback & groove applier - now only £3.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photon-au/id1441542979?ls=1&mt=8

Midi Echo/Delay - per echo mute, pitch shift, etc - now only £1.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-echo-au/id1422324067?ls=1&mt=8

Polythemus - variations of a chordal theme - now only £2.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/polythemus-au/id1439815017?ls=1&mt=8

Quantum - 6 track step sequencer with all the bells & whistles - now only £6.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quantum-sequencer/id1207932898?ls=1&mt=8

MidiSequencer - one track precursor to Quantum - now only £1.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midisequencer/id787934896?ls=1&mt=8

should be filtering through to an AppStore near you!

Comments

• Thank you ☺️

• Thanks man. Every one is a gem.

• Sweet! I’ve had my cyclops eye on Polyphemus lately :)

• Amazing value 👍

• @skiphunt said:
    Sweet! I’ve had my cyclops eye on Polyphemus lately :)

Which is the correct name for the cyclops!

• @midiSequencer said:

@skiphunt said:

If your going do go all Greek

Photon should be Helios
    MidiEcho should be hmmmm, well Echo ;P

• @audiblevideo said:

@midiSequencer said:

@skiphunt said:

If your going do go all Greek

Photon should be Helios
    MidiEcho should be hmmmm, well Echo ;P

I was trying to go English with Handel’s version of Polyphemus, but yeah Im dropping midi from the names....
    Photon of course went with Quantum

• @midiSequencer said:

@skiphunt said:

I always thought Polyphemus is the name of the cyclops in The Odyssey, not that it's another name for cyclops.

Learn something new every day. :)

• @jonmoore said:

@midiSequencer said:

@skiphunt said:

I always thought Polyphemus is the name of the cyclops in The Odyssey, not that it's another name for cyclops.

I think you're right. Surely Polyphemus was just one of the cyclops? He had pals - that's part of the legend, too.

• edited April 2019

BTW @midiSequencer

What on earth is happening to Quantum on current generation iPhones? Compared to StepPolyArpUnit, there are some serious UX/UI issues. Admittedly, I don't often use Quantum on an iPhone but this is pretty bad. I have a huge amount of respect for your products but surely after two generations of iPhone X style screen aspect ratios, you could have found a decent UI solution. And to make matters worse, the notch obscures the left side unless you flip the phone (and this is on top of the obstruction at the bottom of the interface.

• @midiSequencer I just checked things on my 7+ and it appears the bug is maybe isolated to X generation phones (XR in my case).

• @jonmoore said:
    @midiSequencer I just checked things on my 7+ and it appears the bug is maybe isolated to X generation phones (XR in my case).

thx will check this. out

• Sad thing ...

Have them already all :)

• @midiSequencer said:

thx will check this. out

Thanks. And apologies for the stroppy tone of my first message. Apples decision to change the UI real-estate of its X generation products has been the bane of my life for the last 18 months. I'm sure it's been even more of a headache for developers! :)

• @jonmoore said:

@midiSequencer said:

thx will check this. out

Thanks. And apologies for the stroppy tone of my first message. Apples decision to change the UI real-estate of its X generation products has been the bane of my life for the last 18 months. I'm sure it's been even more of a headache for developers! :)

Could you elaborate on this?
    What problems do you have with X devices?

• @tja said:

@jonmoore said:

@midiSequencer said:

thx will check this. out

Could you elaborate on this?
    What problems do you have with X devices?

Interface glitches in apps. Much like the one in Quantum (screen-shot 5 posts back).
    The screen aspect ratio, buttonless design, and notch of X generation phones could make apps display badly. It's been a long time since one displayed as badly as Quantum, but e.g. it's a real pain when an app you rely on suddenly doesn't function well because essential interface elements are obscured.

• @purpan2 said:

@jonmoore said:

@midiSequencer said:

@skiphunt said:

I think you're right. Surely Polyphemus was just one of the cyclops? He had pals - that's part of the legend, too.

Oh geezzz... I was making a little joke with the cyclops eye and Polyphemus line. lol ;)

I am planning on nabbing Polyphemus though. Thanks for the sale @midiSequencer :)

• Does Midi Echo send messages to hardware synths?

• @jonmoore fixed it. Quantum detects the device by screensize, so I hadnt updated for Xr or xs.
    making some more adjustments and will release this asap.

• edited April 2019

@onkey said:
    Does Midi Echo send messages to hardware synths?

Its an AU midi effect so needs a host like AUM or AB3. Then you just use the hardware using that host, so yes hardware is supported with any AUv3 midi app.
    Midi echo can also direct all echoes to a fixed midi channel, so you can echo on a different hardware/software synth from the initial midi one

• @skiphunt many a truth said in jest 🤭

• edited April 2019

@midiSequencer said:
    @jonmoore fixed it. Quantum detects the device by screensize, so I hadnt updated for Xr or xs.

That's great to hear.

And whilst I have your attention. I have a feature request.

I'd love it if I could have the "Limits" parameter function on a per sequence basis. When you have 3 or 4 sequences going targetting different pitch zones for bass, lead, adornments etc. it's a bit of a pain having to reset the 'Limits' for each. I like the sliders to function over 2-3 octaves max. It makes things far faster when dialing in note values for the sequences.

Maybe you could add a 'Lock to Current Sequence' option in 'Limits' popover. Not sure if it should be mutually exclusive. I can envisage situations where you might want a global value and a few different per sequence values to function together harmoniously. The global value would apply to any sequences that don't have a bespoke 'Limits' value.

Anyway, glad you found the XR, XS fix. And thanks for looking into it straight away.

• @jonmoore said:

@midiSequencer said:
    @jonmoore fixed it. Quantum detects the device by screensize, so I hadnt updated for Xr or xs.

That's great to hear.

And whilst I have your attention. I have a feature request.

I'd love it if I could have the "Limits" parameter function on a per sequence basis. When you have 3 or 4 sequences going targetting different pitch zones for bass, lead, adornments etc. it's a bit of a pain having to reset the 'Limits' for each. I like the sliders to function over 2-3 octaves max. It makes things far faster when dialing in note values for the sequences.

Maybe you could add a 'Lock to Current Sequence' option in 'Limits' popover. Not sure if it should be mutually exclusive. I can envisage situations where you might want a global value and a few different per sequence values to function together harmoniously. The global value would apply to any sequences that don't have a bespoke 'Limits' value.

Anyway, glad you found the XR, XS fix. And thanks for looking into it straight away.

Limits might be difficult to make per sequence, but I'll add it to my list to look at

• @midiSequencer said:

@onkey said:

Its an AU midi effect so needs a host like AUM or AB3. Then you just use the hardware using that host, so yes hardware is supported with any AUv3 midi app.
    Midi echo can also direct all echoes to a fixed midi channel, so you can echo on a different hardware/software synth from the initial midi one

Thanks, bought!

• edited April 2019

@onkey said:

I see it’s answered, but it does without problems.
    See here: http://bit.ly/2Gwtmm3
    Feeding my Hardware-Waldorf.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

Thanks. I've had PolyThemus and Quantum on my list for a while.
    I've bought Proton and MIDI Delay/Echo at full price. I hope you get a nice
    burst of income to support more innovative MIDI FX Apps or something in another
    category like an audio-to-MIDI App for drummers (and non-drummers).

• @McD said:
    Thanks. I've had PolyThemus and Quantum on my list for a while.
    I've bought Proton and MIDI Delay/Echo at full price. I hope you get a nice
    burst of income to support more innovative MIDI FX Apps or something in another
    category like an audio-to-MIDI App for drummers (and non-drummers).

thx - I'm venturing into audio soon.....

• @MrBlaschke said:

@onkey said:

I see it’s answered, but it does without problems.
    See here: http://bit.ly/2Gwtmm3
    Feeding my Hardware-Waldorf.

can't go wrong with Waldorf - I used to have a Q

• @midiSequencer said:
    can't go wrong with Waldorf - I used to have a Q

I‘d love to get my hands on a blofeld 🥰

• @tja said:
    Sad thing ...

Have them already all :)

It's a 'Glad thing' for me.