Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

Comments

• @badrico said:

@AudioGus said:
    (This is a ‘one use invite token’ apparently. Does it work?)

Let's jam together on Endlesss! Here's a personal invite to a jam called 'AB Forum Jam'
    https://endlesss.fm/invite/audiogus/384c99fc21b8f0a6c484

Hey Koolio ! This things a gas ... thanks for opening this jam room ... I jumped in .. something kooky though, the loops are extra long compared to other rooms

Oh cool!

Invite #2...

Let's jam together on Endlesss! Here's a personal invite to a jam called 'AB Forum Jam'
    https://endlesss.fm/invite/audiogus/648e952f3e7d29d31d67

• @badrico said:

@AudioGus said:
    (This is a ‘one use invite token’ apparently. Does it work?)

https://endlesss.fm/invite/audiogus/384c99fc21b8f0a6c484

Hey Koolio ! This things a gas ... thanks for opening this jam room ... I jumped in .. something kooky though, the loops are extra long compared to other rooms

Weird! Yah why those loops so long... weird...

• Invite #3. (2 still available as well)

https://endlesss.fm/invite/audiogus/0e70329f238305fecf46

• Oh weird! Now the loops are super long in the Sonic State jam and my solo jams too... uh oh... I had big plans for this thing this weekend... big plans...

• edited April 2019
  • Well that was an ULTRAGAS mr Audiogus .... !! Spacious lunacy of the highest order.... all hail the loooong loooop !

• @badrico said:
    Well that was an ULTRAGAS mr Audiogus .... !! Spacious lunacy of the highest order.... all hail the loooong loooop !

Truly life changing! I am all abuzz right now... cant wait to mix this tomorrow. Thank you so much for that. Your spoken word was fantastic. Yah so glad we got stuck in long loop mode. The only way to fly!

• yeah that was a revOlution ... mix that madness up my friend !

• How do you sign up for this?

• edited April 2019

Hey Audiob.us gang, great to meet you and sorry for being a little late to the party - the past few days since the Sonicstate vid went out have been a little off the hook.

It's wonderful reading your comments - thank you for being kind about us while we're still ironing out a whole host of things.

We'd love to support the AB forum jam so we've made an invitation permalink -> http://bit.ly/2UtHHn8. Anyone with this link can get the app (TestFlight) and join the AB Forum Jam. Currently we can only do this in the backend but we hope to bake this 'community jam' feature into the app in the next few weeks so you can set up your own community jams and share them wherever - IRL or meatspace.

It's great to see you're having fun with it... that's the goal of Endlesss... real flow-state fun with real people that can get deep. We realise the depth isn't THAT deep right now - 12 'bass' sounds and 12 'notes' sounds is more of a puddle than an ocean. We're a very small team (only one full-time dev) so the sounds, FX and features in there are the bare minimum and we have pleeenty of interaction and integration improvements to make which we're as eager as anyone to get done.

On that note at some point we'd love to pick your brains about exactly how you'd expect AUM, IAA, Audioshare, Audiobus, Intergalactic Megabus etc to work. The bottom line is we want you to be able to make rifffs on Endlesss as simply as possible with anything you currently use to make music with.

The dev team are focussing on shipping our interface rebuild and responding to all the stuff we've learned in the first month of our beta test but at some point we'll be putting time into integrations. That's where the fun begins - and that's where we could definitely do with a steer from folk like you who are deep into using iOS stuff.

Finally - with a nod to the fact that this is terrible community etiquette but genuinely not an attempt at leaching - I just want to mention that we have a Discord channel where we'll be focussing most of our online community efforts https://discord.gg/FAzU7QR. I'll try to pop in this forum from time to time but the hottest chat will be there. For example there's a chat going on about monetisation right now which I know a few of you are interested in...

Enough for now - sorry for the verbosity!

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @timexile hats off to you and the team for creating something visionary and fun. For connectivity with other IOS stuff, audiobus support is crucial. AUM is super but I routinely route from AB3 to AUM.

• Can anyone with a notch confirm that it obscures the top part of the UI? It looks like there should be something there but I can’t tell.

• @timexile said:
    Hey Audiob.us gang, great to meet you and sorry for being a little late to the party - the past few days since the Sonicstate vid went out have been a little off the hook.

It's wonderful reading your comments - thank you for being kind about us while we're still ironing out a whole host of things.

We'd love to support the AB forum jam so we've made an invitation permalink -> http://bit.ly/2UtHHn8. Anyone with this link can join the AB Forum Jam. Currently we can only do this in the backend but we hope to bake this 'community jam' feature into the app in the next few weeks so you can set up your own community jams and share them wherever - IRL or meatspace.

It's great to see you're having fun with it... that's the goal of Endlesss... real flow-state fun with real people that can get deep. We realise the depth isn't THAT deep right now - 12 'bass' sounds and 12 'notes' sounds is more of a puddle than an ocean. We're a very small team (only one full-time dev) so the sounds, FX and features in there are the bare minimum and we have pleeenty of interaction and integration improvements to make which we're as eager as anyone to get done.

On that note at some point we'd love to pick your brains about exactly how you'd expect AUM, IAA, Audioshare, Audiobus, Intergalactic Megabus etc to work. The bottom line is we want you to be able to make rifffs on Endlesss as simply as possible with anything you currently use to make music with.

The dev team are focussing on shipping our interface rebuild and responding to all the stuff we've learned in the first month of our beta test but at some point we'll be putting time into integrations. That's where the fun begins - and that's where we could definitely do with a steer from folk like you who are deep into using iOS stuff.

Finally - with a nod to the fact that this is terrible community etiquette but genuinely not an attempt at leaching - I just want to mention that we have a Discord channel where we'll be focussing most of our online community efforts https://discord.gg/FAzU7QR. I'll try to pop in this forum from time to time but the hottest chat will be there. For example there's a chat going on about monetisation right now which I know a few of you are interested in...

Is this the link to join the beta too?

• @MonzoPro said:

@timexile said:

We'd love to support the AB forum jam so we've made an invitation permalink -> http://bit.ly/2UtHHn8. Anyone with this link can join the AB Forum Jam. Currently we can only do this in the backend but we hope to bake this 'community jam' feature into the app in the next few weeks so you can set up your own community jams and share them wherever - IRL or meatspace.

The link to join the beta is on the youtube description.

• @timexile said:

We'd love to support the AB forum jam so we've made an invitation permalink -> http://bit.ly/2UtHHn8. Anyone with this link can get the app (TestFlight) and join the AB Forum Jam. Currently we can only do this in the backend but we hope to bake this 'community jam' feature into the app in the next few weeks so you can set up your own community jams and share them wherever - IRL or meatspace.

Thank you for the verbosity!

This was completely out of left field and I think completely derailed my whole everything moving forward, in the best way possible. I always loved my brief dips into collaborations (dropbox/daw) in the past but this is a whole other cosmic level. Thank you for this. I am doing the Wayne and Garth on the floor right now.

Normally I am on the big connectivity wagon but for this I really don’t want anything... shocking for iOS. Exporting stems works for me. Uncompressed audio will be great. Aside from that, jeez... yah it is it’s own magical beast and you know what is best for it. More sounds, sure, more controls, sure.

The only two small things I could think of at this gobsmacked, mesmerized point is being able to select wav for export and background audio.

:heart:

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@timexile said:

The link to join the beta is on the youtube description.

Cheers Gus

• edited April 2019

@AudioGus said:

Thank you for the verbosity!

This was completely out of left field and I think completely derailed my whole everything moving forward, in the best way possible. I always loved my brief dips into collaborations (dropbox/daw) in the past but this is a whole other cosmic level. Thank you for this. I am doing the Wayne and Garth on the floor right now.

Normally I am on the big connectivity wagon but for this I really don’t want anything... shocking for iOS. Exporting stems works for me. Uncompressed audio will be great. Aside from that, jeez... yah it is it’s own magical beast and you know what is best for it. More sounds, sure, more controls, sure.

The only two small things I could think of at this gobsmacked, mesmerized point is being able to select wav for export and background audio.

:heart:

I appreciate this point of view given my time in the app--there's something about the constraints of NOT being able to pipe in other sound sources that is inviting to me (creativity is about constraints, etc). The ability to have someone else reinterpret the rifff supplies the "delight" that I might otherwise go tinkering with different sounds provides. I do think a few more types of samples would scratch the itch I was feeling when I couldn't find the sounds I wanted. But if you can reach a critical mass on the types of sounds available--or letting the user upload a sample, I'd be happy with what @AudioGus suggests (export only).

• Going to give link and recording from a second ipad a try today!

• edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019

I tried using two ipads, feeding one playing various linked apps into Endless and while there were ‘on paper’ results it was a total magic killer. I say avoid the IAA dev nightmare all together. Best not to dilute development efforts when things seem to be advancing so well down the current path.

• edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@AudioGus said:
    I tried using two ipads, feeding one playing various linked apps into Endless and while there were ‘on paper’ results it was a total magic killer. I say avoid the IAA dev nightmare all together.

Why link em? Wouldn’t it be more fun/organic to just play parts on the other iPad live like Gaz is playing acoustic bass in the sonic state video... basically a poor man’s Op1 ;) but also much better in some ways...external instruments in to endlesss is great at moment to get round the limited internal sounds. It just kills the ‘all-in-one portability factor’ a little bit.

Maybe ‘total magic killer’ is harsh and I am just more excited to explore the apps current potential.

Yah I did do some playing as well (tc11 and Shoom) not just linked sequence stuff. I think partly having better audio recording quality would help... but I just felt if I am jumping between devices at my desk, well why not hook up the daw with aux channels and fx, the synths etc etc, rabbit whole... the point of this for me is keep it simple. So yah, I suppose better audio recording (which is in the roadmap, at least uncompressed audio) seems like a winner.

• edited April 2019
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@AudioGus said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@AudioGus said:
    I tried using two ipads, feeding one playing various linked apps into Endless and while there were ‘on paper’ results it was a total magic killer. I say avoid the IAA dev nightmare all together.

Why link em? Wouldn’t it be more fun/organic to just play parts on the other iPad live like Gaz is playing acoustic bass in the sonic state video... basically a poor man’s Op1 ;) but also much better in some ways...external instruments in to endlesss is great at moment to get round the limited internal sounds. It just kills the ‘all-in-one portability factor’ a little bit.

Yah I did do some playing as well (tc11 and Shoom) not just linked sequence stuff. I think partly having better audio recording quality would help... but I just felt if I am jumping between devices at my desk, well why not hook up the daw with aux channels and fx, the synths etc etc, rabbit whole... the point of this for me is keep it simple.

Yeah for sure, if at studio desk then there’s that. But iPad and iPhone or two iPhones is still in ‘sofa jam’ config territory imo ;)

Tis true. I am thinking Circuit may be super fun.

• Has anyone got a link to the beta signup for this? The video with the link seems to have been removed.

Thanks

• Well I just played around for a bit with a solo jam and I’m very impressed how fluid the recording is. Personally I just want a fuck ton more in built sounds and I’m good. Make it able to record a master out too and you have easy breezy full track making joy.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Has anyone got a link to the beta signup for this? The video with the link seems to have been removed.

Thanks

NNNnnnnoooooooo! I so wanted a Monzo jam!

• This app is a good one. If I could get sounds into it from audioshare similar to Koala it would be greeeeeat.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.