Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2nd hand iPads?

edited April 2019 in Other

Hi guys.

My brother is looking to get a 2nd hand, capable iPad that will run the current iOS 12.

How far back, model-wise, would this be?

I remember a couple of models had issues with the touchscreen. Does anyone remember which these were?

He'll be using it for 'point-of-sale' cashier type software, so a responsive screen is the most important aspect.

It's not for music, so I've posted this in OT, but hoping some of you may have some advice.

Just to add, we're in the UK. Any suggestions on best place to purchase 2nd hand.

Cheers!

Comments

• edited April 2019

list of older compatible devices (it ends with iPad Pro 12.9”2nd Gen, but latest devices compatibility is obvious :))

https://www.tenorshare.com/ios-12/list-of-ios-12-supported-devices.html (scroll down, first are iphones, only then ipads)

which one is good for your brother ? That depends of what kind of apps he want to use .. In theory you can do lot of music with any of them, including the oldest one ..

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hi guys.

My brother is looking to get a 2nd hand, capable iPad that will run the current iOS 12.

How far back, model-wise, would this be?

I remember a couple of models had issues with the touchscreen. Does anyone remember which these were?

He'll be using it for 'point-of-sale' cashier type software, so a responsive screen is the most important aspect.

It's not for music, so I've posted this in OT, but hoping some of you may have some advice.

Just to add, we're in the UK. Any suggestions on best place to purchase 2nd hand.

Cheers!

I’ve bought several iPads over the years starting with an ipad1 (that still works) from cash converters. I’ve never had a problem with any of them and they do come with a limited guarantee just in case.

If you watch the web site different branches sometimes have special offers so you can pick up bargains.

CEX aren’t bad either but are usually a little bit dearer in my experience, but if something isn’t right you can take it back to your nearest branch.

• i've got a 2017 9.7in 128gb for £250. excellent condition. still within cex warranty

• I spent some time in my home country (France) last month, and ordered from the German website rebuy. So far I have nothing to complain about. I got a refurbished iPad pro 10.5 512gb as new. They have a huge selection, you can choose the condition of the device, and they come with guaranty (mine is 3 years).

• Never had a single issue with second hand iPads. Actually I've never bought a new one....

• Hmmm, as I was writing I remembered there was a model where some users had issues with the touch screen while charging but can't remember which one, but for sure it was pre air 2 model

• gazelle.com is a good place to look for 2nd hand electronics

• I highly recommend looking at swappa for ipads in awesome condition. This is where the people that replace theirs every year sell their old ones.

https://swappa.com/buy/tablets

• Thanks all for your feedback. It's been very useful. Cheers!