Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS music on iPad 3 (ios 9)

I have a friend with a iPad 3 (iOS 9) who wants to try iOS music making. She never downloaded garage band so she can’t download it now. Any suggestion of free app to try out if she likes iOS music making?

Comments

• Nano Studio (not to be confused with Nano Studio 2)

NanoStudio by Blip Interactive Ltd https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nanostudio/id382263651?mt=8

• Sequencism works pretty well on iPad 2 and is free. You can load free sf2 files in it. You can also download GarageBand with her appleid on a device that can and then download the old version afterward.

• Caustic

A bunch of synths work pretty well.

• edited April 2019

Does she have some musical background or does she just want to try some for fun?
    Korg Gadget LE is free and quite powerful already, it runs on iOS9 too.
    And yes, NanoStudio 1 is a great one not to miss!
    More free options: Music Studio Lite, Remixlive, Auxy, Intua BeatMaker (the old version 1)

• edited April 2019

@rs2000 said:
    Does she have some musical background or does she just want to try some for fun?
    More free options: Music Studio Lite, Remixlive, Auxy, Intua BeatMaker (the old version 1)

She has a couple years of piano when she was a kid.

Thank you all for your suggestion. I will install them tonight.

• @ecou said:

@rs2000 said:

She has a couple years of piano when she was a kid.

Thank you all for your suggestion. I will install them tonight.

I recommend to start with Gadget LE, it's probably the easiest to get into (confirmed by my 8yr old niche :) )

• Sunvox also works, but that would be kinda mean.

• Agree on Gadget. I should put mine to use, since it's collecting dust. I could use as a sequencer but it doesn't support AU midi.