Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minimoog Model D crashes since update 1.1.7

I am running iOS 11.4.1 on an iPad Pro 9,7” and I installed the latest update for Model D (1.1.7). It now crashes every time i start up the synth. It used to run perfectly before this update. I even rebooted my iPad and tried a fresh install of the app but i no longer can run the standalone nor the AUv3 of this synth.

I see it now states on the app store page that you need 12.2 in order to use AUv3 in a stable way, but i would expect that at least the stand-alone version would still be able to run with slightly older systems. This is no longer the case for me although requirements say that it is compatible with 10.3 and up. I am really bummed out this app is now unusable for me and i am not planning any time soon to update to 12.2.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I already emailed support but i have no idea how long it will take before they will look into this. Maybe it helps if more users report this critical bug.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Thanks for the heads up.

I also tested it on an iPhone 6+ running 10.3.3. It ran fine before this update but 1.1.7 crashes on that set up now as well. Be warned, this version no longer seems to be compatible with pre-12 systems as it stands now. I informed Moog about this too. Hopefully we will see a fix for this soon.

• No problem here so far, iPad Pro 13-inch, latest iOS

• iOS12.2 is pretty darn stable at the moment so I see no reason NOT to upgrade especially on somewhat modern devices.

All improvements made to CoreAudio, AUv3's etc. will only come to the latest iOS version so expecting iOS related bug-fixes for older iOS versions is not worth spending time on...

If the iPad Air 2 doesn't get iOS13 support (which should be here in a couple of months) I'll consider getting a new iPad :)

• edited April 2019

Lastest iOS working great for me on Air2 and Mini4. I use those two devices for performance, running quite a lot of apps. They’re rock solid! Moog Model D is one of the apps in my setup.

I am thinking of ‘freezing’ them once WOW filterbox is upgraded to AU however, simply because of how stable they are right now.

• :/ that's bad.... thanks for the post !

• I don't really see any benefit of holding out on iOS 11.4 vs 12.2 - iOS 12 is better in every way AFAIK.

• edited April 2019

Hi Dutchee!

Thanks for letting us know.

Sadly it's virtually impossible for us to keep old versions of iOS around while also supporting the new iOS releases and developer betas because Apple doesn't allow anyone to downgrade. It would require us to purchase a different version of each device for each iOS release, which is really not tenable.
    We're relying on Apple's Xcode compatibility warnings to continue to compile and support older versions, but sadly can't test them.

Some crash logs of v1.1.7 indeed indicate that a particular Metal call we added for a minor optimization is crashing in the underlying libraries on iOS 10 and iOS 11, but not on iOS 12. We've just uploaded a new beta and are waiting for Apple to approve it for external testing. If you have a pre-iOS 12 device and would like to help us test, please send us a PM with your full name and email address.

Thanks for bearing with us on this one, we're doing everything we can to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

<3 your friends at Moog

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi Dutchee!

Sadly it's virtually impossible for us to keep old versions of iOS around while also supporting the new iOS releases and developer betas because Apple doesn't allow anyone to downgrade. It would require us to purchase a different version of each device for each iOS release, which is really not tenable.
    We're relying on Apple's Xcode compatibility warnings to continue to compile and support older versions, but sadly can't test them.

Some crash logs of v1.1.7 indeed indicate that a particular Metal call we added for a minor optimization is crashing in the underlying libraries on iOS 10 and iOS 11, but not on iOS 12. We've just uploaded a new beta and are waiting for Apple to approve it for external testing. If you have a pre-iOS 12 device and would like to help us test, please send us a PM with your full name and email address.

Thanks for bearing with us on this one, we're doing everything we can to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

<3 your friends at Moog

Can’t ask for better customer service than that, good stuff!

I agree with @richardyot ,the move from 11 to 12 was painless and, if anything, improved performance for me (1st Gen iPad Pro).

• @TheVimFuego said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi Dutchee!

<3 your friends at Moog

Can’t ask for better customer service than that, good stuff!

I agree with @richardyot ,the move from 11 to 12 was painless and, if anything, improved performance for me (1st Gen iPad Pro).

I have been testing some beta builds today with the developer and the new update should be out soon for both Model D and Model 15 that should be mostly backwards compatible again. It no longer crashes on my iPhone and iPads with the older systems. Definitely outstanding tech support from Moog!

Thanks for the comments about 12.2 too. I was not sure yet how stable it would be since i have no issues at the moment with 11.4.1 and i am always a bit cautious when Apple releases a large new system update. I usually don’t try to fix it if it is not broken 😉 But I will most likely make the move to 12.2 soon since i think 12 should have better battery performance compared to 11. Usually i wait till most of the bugs are ironed out until i attempt the big switch to a higher system version. I guess the time is right 😎 thanks for the heads up.

• @Dutchee said:
    Usually i wait till most of the bugs are ironed out until i attempt the big switch to a higher system version. I guess the time is right 😎 thanks for the heads up.

I'm the same, most years I don't update until April or May, waiting for all the broken apps to be fixed. But amazingly iOS 12 was the best release ever in terms of not breaking stuff, and I updated back in November with no issues at all.

Dive in, the water's fine.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi Dutchee!

<3 your friends at Moog

That was fast. Great, informative post.
    Moog, y’all rock! B)

• Piling on and saying what others have said. 12 has been the smoothest iOS update yet and I'd say go for it and upgrade to 12.2 as your new base for the future.

• I think there’s a fix out already! Update in the App Store.