Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THESE ARE BROKEN - 3 Free New AUv3 Effects from Cristiano Piatti

FuzzBox: Cubic exponent function based distortion effect. 82.9MB.
WaverSine: Sine wave convolution based distortion effect. 103.6MB.
ModulatorSquare: Square wave amplitude modulator effect (aka tremolo). 117MB.

Modelled on a physical based algorithm and low level coding for state of the art performance and sound quality.
Audio unit AuV3 plugin technology support (Metal API in full screen mode).

https://appsliced.co/apps/dev/cristiano-piatti

I don't have space for them, so didn't try them yet. Anybody else?

Comments

• I'll grab em and test em out

• They are ugly as fuck

• edited April 2019

Hey @reasOne thanks for testing. I just installed them.

These aren't ready for primetime. I would not recommend installing them until the developer fixes them. They don't work in apeMatrix or Audiobus 3. The GUIs crash constantly, the CPU peaks at above 100% constantly, and worst yet - no sound is output. The GUIs aren't displayed properly, so I cannot access the controls. The apps are all extremely large considering that they're very basic effects.

Still curious about the 'low-level coding' and 'state of the art performance and sound quality.'

• edited April 2019

When I saw the screenshots and the descriptions in the AppStore I immediately decided not to install them... 😎

• “Free” is an outdated concept

• I thought it was trolling or some other devious plot, even checked if 'Look Me Up' by email was enabled. Maybe a young person made them, but didn't test them? It's strange.

• For that extremely efficient low-level coding, I would certainly have expected them to be 100 kilobytes, NOT megabytes :D

• Grabbed in case they get fixed and aren’t free anymore

Plus, like a shark must swim to breathe, I will die if I stop constantly acquiring apps.

• @SevenSystems said:
    For that extremely efficient low-level coding, I would certainly have expected them to be 100 kilobytes, NOT megabytes :D

117 MB for a Square Wave Tremolo!
    Must have perfect squares in there, with the sharpest corners and straightest edges.
    :p

• Either he accidentally included something in the build, or there's the world's biggest JPEG in that thing.

• Maybe he just included the “whole” square wave as a 20 minute WAV file to save CPU by not having to “render” it live 😁

• @SevenSystems said:
    Maybe he just included the “whole” square wave as a 20 minute WAV file to save CPU by not having to “render” it live 😁

I do wonder if it also has control over 'duty cycle' of the square wave which could create some 'interesting' tremolo effects especially if modulated :D

• How did Apple approve this. Terrible

• @stormbeats said:
    How did Apple approve this. Terrible

It probably passed some automated app-testing thing or something like that...

• @Samu said:

@stormbeats said:
    How did Apple approve this. Terrible

It probably passed some automated app-testing thing or something like that...

@samu it seems bit dodgy. I have never experienced this.

• edited April 2019

Chuckled at the size jokes and imagining the world's biggest jpeg.

Seriously though, even if it's free this stuff should not be approved. Those files being that big is just crazy. I guess they can't be malicious, but it STILL feels like a trap.

I opened the thread hoping these were 3 new effects from that guy who did Frobulator and 2 others for free back in the day. Frobulator ruled!

• edited June 2019

The developer has made some progress the file size has been reduced to 40-57 mb for the apps and the two free apps that were updated don’t use very much CPU. They’re still not ready for prime time because even after the update to version 2, the GUI doesn’t scale correctly and you have to manually resize the AU window to even use it. The controls don’t respond very well either. In addition and most significantly, the app doesn’t appear to effect the input sound. Hopefully the developer will be able to make these apps functional.

• @InfoCheck I’m getting effects on input but the controls are very laggy, of the three freebies WaveSine seems to be the hardest to select the knobs and adjust. Have you been in contact with the developer?

• @philowerx said:
    @InfoCheck I’m getting effects on input but the controls are very laggy, of the three freebies WaveSine seems to be the hardest to select the knobs and adjust. Have you been in contact with the developer?

I’ve left a comment and a link to the video on their Instagram for the app.

• @InfoCheck said:

@philowerx said:
    @InfoCheck I’m getting effects on input but the controls are very laggy, of the three freebies WaveSine seems to be the hardest to select the knobs and adjust. Have you been in contact with the developer?

Thanks, let me know if you get a response.

• Maybe they’re malware delivery devices...

• ~~~~> @philowerx said:

@InfoCheck said:

@philowerx said:

Thanks, let me know if you get a response.

I received a response from the developer which can be found on their instagram account. They’re going to look into the effect not working. If you drag a control off to the right then go back to the GUI you can control the dials much more easily. The sizing of the AUv3 is dependent upon the AUv3 host app according to the developer.