Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For the love of Frum

Frum by TORICO Inc.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/frum/id1153476582?mt=8

This one seems to have been lost to the sands of time, likely due to its insular nature, which I think is a bit of a shame & a real lost opportunity. Simple enough but something exceedingly likeable about it, great crispy FM sounds with loads of mangling potential, nice design, easy intuitive workflow, etc. Just resurrected it for a quick play for the first time in ages & still found it to be quite delightful, always a lot of fun & very ‘instant’ whenever I’ve got stuck in & probably still favourite out of the ‘all in one’ apps. But the tragedy of no connectivity ! just record & export, maybe the devs were really set on that whole ‘user community cloud’ approach, it never had IAA in the pre AU era. Running it in Aum would be a dream.

Looks like it hasn’t had in update in yonks, hoping its not headed for the abandonware file.

Any other fans out there ?
Don’t suppose anyone has any inside info on it making a surprise comeback ?
Won’t hold my breath 😙

Comments

• edited April 2019

Color me a fan, really dig the synth and sounds. Fun. I actually could go on and on extolling features.

• I really liked the sounds I got from it and some of the demos were pretty impressive from what I recall. A shame it required an internet connection to work properly. I guess it was a port of some browser based something or other and that may have kept it back from being a ‘real’ iOS music app. Perhaps the Drambo FM module will fill the void.

• Yea, I was sad it never worked right. I would get those constant internet breaks of like 2 seconds and that killed it. It shot it self in the foot with that inter web feature as the concept and that random button was nice. The sounds were somehow thin and wrong to me but I liked it.

• Frum is so 'recent' for me, but now I noticed it was released in 2016 :open_mouth:
    I didn't get it at the time because I already had my reliable drum synths :lol:

But I would say that although I prefer connected apps, these ones without AB/IAA/AU, etc. still gets use running through my desktop DAW, recorders and samplers. And sometimes even within iOS using the ol' hack with interfaces like UCA-222

• @oceansinspace said:
    It shot it self in the foot with that inter web feature as the concept

exactly that I thought, wondered if they were aiming for some sort of subscription model, shame on the marketing department !

• edited April 2019

@Paul16 said:

@oceansinspace said:
    It shot it self in the foot with that inter web feature as the concept

exactly that I thought, wondered if they were aiming for some sort of subscription model, shame on the marketing department !

Usually on iOS the marketing department is the same team as the development department, R&D department, HR department, the coffeelady, the F&A team, the legal department, the design studio and the board of management. ;)

• edited April 2019

Usually on iOS the marketing department is the same team as the development department, R&D department, HR department, the coffeelady, the F&A team, the legal department, the design studio and the board of management. ;)

😂🤣😂 hahaha, indeed.

I wasn’t sure in this case as they appear to have a few ‘associated partners’ in support, but without reading Japanese I couldn’t really tell exactly what was what.

• a nice little AFX approximation ....

sort of shows why I rate it sonically, very good for that ill, wonky synth thing.

• The FRUM dev needs to come to the FoRUM

• @stormbeats said:
    The FRUM dev needs to come to the FoRUM

He said you scared him away.
    ;)

• @CracklePot said:

@stormbeats said:
    The FRUM dev needs to come to the FoRUM

He said you scared him away.
    ;)

:-)