Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Learn features

edited January 2019 in Feature Wishlists

Hello!

I'd like to get an idea of the kind of features you guys would like to see added to Audiobus' new MIDI Learn system next, so I can prioritise accordingly. Here are some possibilities; feel free to suggest more.

I'll be implementing a manual binding UI in addition to the below, so you can manually pick the hardware source and MIDI message rather than using the detection system. But aside from that, it'd be good to know levels of interest in other stuff.

Cheers,
Michael

Features
  1. What should I add next?18 votes
    1. Relative CC support
      55.56%
    2. Value scaling takeover mode
        0.00%
    3. Controller curves/ranges
      27.78%
    4. Bluetooth keyboard support (eg QWERTY)
      16.67%

Comments

• I’d like to be able to assign a knob generating cc x 1 and cc x 127 messages to apply nudge 1 dB and -1db adjustments for Auria. Also, I’d like to help possibly move the codebase forward. Any plans to open the codebase?

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

@AkaiAdvance said:
    I’d like to be able to assign a knob generating cc x 1 and cc x 127 messages to apply nudge 1 dB and -1db adjustments for Auria. Also, I’d like to help possibly move the codebase forward. Any plans to open the codebase?

As I mentioned in another thread, this isn’t possible with Auria. Auria’s mixer doesn’t allow cc values to control its faders. The faders can only be controlled with a controller that is compatible with the Mackie MCU or HUI protocol. That’s not the same as simple midi cc control.

(Please point me to where I’ve missed it if my research is incorrect!)

If this feature is important to you then you should pursue it over on the Wave Machine Labs forum.