Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Notre Dame

Jesus - this is horrible to watch. My heart is aching over here - love and prayers sent to Paris. I was there just 6 months ago, and I can't imagine the agony the Parisians must be feeling right now.

Comments

• I’m disgusted and sad!!

• Agree! My wife is French so we visit her family in Paris often. I was there last November and took my Tascam DR05 recorder into Notre Dame to record the ambience. I just sat there and listened and looked in awe at the magnificence of the place. So sad to see this.

• It's just come through on the news here (UK) that the main structure has been saved. Part of the roof and spire has been destroyed, but Macron has said "The worst has been avoided"

• @jonmoore I heard that as well. Thank God for small favors.

Situations like this just kill me. This isn't just a French national treasure - Notre Dame is part of our collective human achievement. To lose so much that is irreplaceable...

I just keep flashing back to being there. Walking in the doors, gaping at the scale of it all, the history, the energy. What a place of power, energetically speaking. I'm not necessarily Christian but I can appreciate the sanctity of any holy place. It is definitely unique, and I'm glad to hear that at least some portion can be spared.

We all need the reminder to appreciate that which we have as it may be gone without a moment's notice.

Life is fleeting, kids - make the most of NOW as it won't come again.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @jonmoore I heard that as well. Thank God for small favors.

Situations like this just kill me. This isn't just a French national treasure - Notre Dame is part of our collective human achievement. To lose so much that is irreplaceable...

I just keep flashing back to being there. Walking in the doors, gaping at the scale of it all, the history, the energy. What a place of power, energetically speaking. I'm not necessarily Christian but I can appreciate the sanctity of any holy place. It is definitely unique, and I'm glad to hear that at least some portion can be spared.

We all need the reminder to appreciate that which we have as it may be gone without a moment's notice.

Life is fleeting, kids - make the most of NOW as it won't come again.

Well said!!
    Thanks dave!!

• I’ve been parisian for over 30 years and as much as this is sad to watch all I can say right now is...thank god, no one died !

• @Johnba said:
    I’ve been parisian for over 30 years and as much as this is sad to watch all I can say right now is...thank god, no one died !

Well said my friend.

• @ajmiller said:
    Agree! My wife is French so we visit her family in Paris often. I was there last November and took my Tascam DR05 recorder into Notre Dame to record the ambience. I just sat there and listened and looked in awe at the magnificence of the place. So sad to see this.

I know there's an IR file out there, but I believe it is commercial only.

• @Johnba said:
    I’ve been parisian for over 30 years and as much as this is sad to watch all I can say right now is...thank god, no one died !

+1

word

• edited April 2019

I remember as a visiting 12 year old kid, in a boat, and seeing the Notre Dame for the first time. The gothic architecture and huge flying buttresses really stuck out majestically. I was in awe (and a little scared as a kid).

Sad day. Thank God no one got injured.

Oh, I think it's IRs are in this 5GB free IR library from Waves.
    https://www.waves.com/downloads/ir-convolution-reverb-library
    Edit: Notre Dame IRs aren't in there, but many other cathedrals are, so will leave the link. They're wav files.

• PS. We humans love the illusion of permanence, don't we?

• edited April 2019

It's been said ancient Israel is a prophetic foreshadowing, with much evidence to back that notion. Whenever Israel turned their back on God, the hedge of God's protection came down, and they were overran by outside nations like the savage Assyrians and Babylonians. Given the state of Christianity in Europe and the state of Europe in general, this honestly feels very symbolic, and God is not against using signs.

Scripture makes the point, God is not mocked, you reap what you sow. Considering all the complete and utter garbage western culture has sown in recent times, this crumbling of a structure merely matches the spiritual crumbling.

But hey don't listen to what I'm saying, just go back to staring at whatever abomination you have on your iPhone, because who needs wisdom right? The government will provide for us, or something.

Moderator edit: WTF? Keeping this for amusement purposes, but....dude.

• @e121 said:
    It's been said ancient Israel is a prophetic foreshadowing, with much evidence to back that notion. Whenever Israel turned their back on God, the hedge of God's protection came down, and they were overran by outside nations like the savage Assyrians and Babylonians. Given the state of Christianity in Europe and the state of Europe in general, this honestly feels very symbolic, and God is not against using signs.

Scripture makes the point, God is not mocked, you reap what you sow. Considering all the complete and utter garbage western culture has sown in recent times, this crumbling of a structure merely matches the spiritual crumbling.

But hey don't listen to what I'm saying, just go back to staring at whatever abomination you have on your iPhone, because who needs wisdom right? The government will provide for us, or something.

Double meh.

• @e121 said:
    go back to staring at whatever abomination you have on your iPhone

They've ported 'abomination' to the iPhone? Landscape? I used to play it on the
    Commode-Door 666. Wicked fun.

(Sorry.)

• @McD said:

@e121 said:
    go back to staring at whatever abomination you have on your iPhone

They've ported 'abomination' to the iPhone? Landscape? I used to play it on the
    Commode-Door 666. Wicked fun.

(Sorry.)

I wouldn't apologize for that. Truly funny.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019

Weird. Just talking to a friend last night about famous churches we had been to and all I could remember about Notre Dame was that it was smaller than I was expecting once I saw it in person.

Crazy this happened the next day, I haven't thought about my visit there in years.

• edited April 2019

Another weird. Just ran into a friend on the train here (vancouver canada) and he was just there on Friday on a business trip and got to see it for the first (and I guess last) time.

• its clear what's happened here

1. @Tarakith set the fire
    2. @McD just made THE shitlist

an old lady from my neighborhood passed away yesterday, much more tragic than a building fire. A chance to rebuild.

• King Solomon once asked his court jeweler to inscribe a ring with something appropriate for any occasion... the jeweler sweated that one out! Finally, he presented the King (and temple builder) with the result. Solomon was pleased: "This, too, shall pass". Of course, he left out the commas and that pissed Solomon off a little.

I am sorry for the people of Paris and struggle, as most of us do, with the transitory nature of achievement. That I can no longer buy indulgences... oh, well.

• edited April 2019

Glad to hear the sun rose and the fire was contained. Looks like a fair amount was saved, but seeing the pictures of the interior gutted after just having walked those same stones recently is just horrifying.

My heart goes out to Paris today. I reminded my wife and kids last night and this morning:

THIS IS WHY WE TRAVEL. We need to experience this world NOW as we may not be here to see it and it may not be here to be seen.

• edited April 2019

I get rather cynical. The burning Notre-Dame reminds me of the nowadays iconic image burning Zeppelin in NY before the 2nd WW. I guess it will not take a long time that the burning Notre-Dame will be use by artists to make some statement of the end of an era. And maybe there will be a band named Lead Notre-Dame

fyi
    when Page formed his new band with Plant,Jones, and Bonham, he remembered the name and liked it primarily for it’s “Light and shade” connotations and it became the bands name. As for the “Led” part it was their manager, Peter Grant, a veteran music producer and manager that suggested that they change the “ lead”to “led” as the stupid Americans would mis-pronounce it. “Zeppelin” was untouched as “Zeppelin” in England is their word for “Balloon” hence the Lead balloon …

• edited April 2019

@greengrocer said:
    As for the “Led” part it was their manager, Peter Grant, a veteran music producer and manager that suggested that they change the “ lead”to “led” as the stupid Americans would mis-pronounce it.

Yep - we like to do that. We have a school here pronounced Noter Dayme. Where I grew up there was a town pronouced Ver-sails.

My favorite comedic reference to Americans' insistence of mispronunciation came from Eddie Izzard, talking about British English vs American English:

"You say 'Aluminum' and we say 'Aluminium'. You say 'erbs' and we say Herbs because there's a fucking H in it."

• Makes you wonder how many other amazing creations have been lost (kind of like the library at Alexandria)

• Not nearly as widely publicized as Notre Dame, but just as important: this Mosque sits above the Temple Mount - the site where King Solomon rested the Ark of the Convenant (yep - the Raiders of the Lost Ark ark). Thankfully, it was quickly put out with no damage.

https://www.jpost.com/OMG/Fire-breaks-out-near-mosque-on-Temple-Mount-586985

• @ocelot said:
    Oh, I think it's IRs are in this 5GB free IR library from Waves.
    https://www.waves.com/downloads/ir-convolution-reverb-library

Nope. :-( ☹️