Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Viking Synth..... does it have key velocity?

I just discovered Viking synth. it’s such a cool synth. but i can seem to figure out note velocity. It seems like the keys are at 127 or 0. there’s no in-between. please let me know if there is a setting i need to change.

Comments

• It depends on how the patch is programmed. It's possible to use velocity as one of the 'Shapers' for modulation.

• oh in the mod page? thanks Samu i’ll have to dig into it some more. I just grabbed this synth this morning and i’m loving so far. > @Samu said:

It depends on how the patch is programmed. It's possible to use velocity as one of the 'Shapers' for modulation.

• Such a good synth

• Using Viking with Rozeta LFO or the ApeMatrix modulation mayhem opens up quite a lot of possibilities :)

• Is there something that distinguishes Viking from Moog Model D or OdysseI or Zeeon if you have those?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there something that distinguishes Viking from Moog Model D or OdysseI or Zeeon if you have those?

I use both — Model D is a beast of different proportions, however Viking is also an exceptionally good sounding synthesizer with its own voice. I use Model D for memorable or distinctive ‘in your face’ sounds and Viking primarily for utility and texture. Both are more than capable of both. In this video the main lead (comes in around 2:50) is Model D and the bass synth throughout the track is Viking:

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is there something that distinguishes Viking from Moog Model D or OdysseI or Zeeon if you have those?

It has it's own 'sound' is the only way I can describe it.
    Here's an old vid from @thesoundtestroom

• It's also pretty low on CPU and has a nice interface for sound design. It's the synth I tend to turn to if I want to quickly layer something for example, or just want to get a sound quickly (NFM is good for this too).

• @espiegel123 said:

I don’t have Zeeon, but I have the others along with model 15 and DRC.

Viking has a continuously variable waveform, adjustable number of poles (1 - 4). In addition to the common soft clipping filter, it has three overdrive filter modes. Osc are free running and have a variable drift control.

Though it’s designed to be Moog-like, to my ears it’s reminiscent of the Roland SH series as well. A fun, easy to use, good sounding synthesiser.