Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Devs - Hit us with some weird fx pedals

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Sounds like a good idea to me. I’m all for whacky effects.
    This reminds me how lucky we are. Some of these pedals are very expensive in the land of hardware.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Tonal Recall
    Infinite Jets
    Tensor
    Particle V2
    Stretch Weaver
    Rainbow machine
    Dark World
    Etc...

Sorry I don't know any of them. What kind of effects do they provide?

• edited April 2019
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@rs2000 said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Tonal Recall
    Infinite Jets
    Tensor
    Particle V2
    Stretch Weaver
    Rainbow machine
    Dark World
    Etc...

Sorry I don't know any of them. What kind of effects do they provide?

Would take a long time to go through them all and try to do them justice via descriptive words, Easier to convey via videos :) ‘Knobs’ normally does nice demos, I think he’s covered most of them on YouTube :)

OK. Please give me some more time :D

• I quickly stepped through that list on YT and completely fail to find any reasonable live/stage use for guitar - except you put them on a table to spice up a Eurorack or something like that.
    You can tweak and sample the result, but that's the same with a regular IOS setup.

In fact a 'regular' setup based on AUM would be much more practical as you can insert midi controls to tame the mess and save states of settings.
    There's enough reverb, delay, filter, envelope and granular stuff available to replicate what any of these pedals could do.
    It's all about control... and this is a very individual thing for each player and his/her style.

• edited April 2019
  • Yes, I fully agree that an iPhone lacks screen estate beyond a single pedal surface.
    On the other hand dedicated virtual pedals don't cover amp simulation and routing.
    They will bring the advantage of saved states, though.

This doesn't solve the problem to insert an iPhone process into the effect path of a real amp.
    Such amp fx-loops are mono by nature, so everything with reverb and delay is rather useless.
    An interface will be required which increases the size of the solution.

Imho a virtual amp plus virtual effects fed into a PA system (by an interface) provide a more versatile setup - an iPad (full size or mini) doesn't add much to system size (defined by the interface and cabling) in comparison to a mobile phone.
    Mounted to a mic stand it's a fairly accessible and full pedal control isn't an absolute requirement. This applies to both studio and stage use.
    (I always preferred to record with an iPad that way - and never used my desktop DAW)

As mentioned above no 'pedal app' can solve the real-world amp mono problem - and it's a true challenge to adjust effects in a way they sound great in mono, that's far from trivial.
    For stereo output (as we're used to from fx) you need Audiobus or AUM to melt your favourite apps into a solution - be it existing apps or new 'pedal apps' ;)

• edited April 2019
  • EMS Synthi Hi Fli would be cool!

• Deff! Then I can finally put my pedals away and be pure iOS

• edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019
  • These apps are needed to save the world from choking on used 9V batteries.

I tried making a iPhone/iPad Touch screen button that I could glue over the buttons so I
    could touch them with my foot. My prototype was a compressed ball of aluminum (al-you-min-ium) and a barefoot. Risky but maybe someone can recommend a more spongy "conductive" material. Would the foam they pack circuit boards and RAM work cut into the right shape? This might be cool for Loopy HD too.

The Apps from @Alex_bialamusic are the Apps that inspired me to put my iPhone on the floor. The "Alien Box" is one of my favorite FX'es in general... it's subtle but nothing else seems to do what it does. Maybe some of the esoteric FX in ToneStack that have that Univibe sound.

I'll be a lot of developer's are sitting on the right FX code to imitate a lot of these hardware devices and hint at the source of inspiration. It seems like 4Pockets is working along these lines after marketing the StompBox line. Sell each FX as a $5 standalone and let us stack them up in the DAW. The best FX tools are AUM and AB3 to assemble Apps and control them with MIDI.

• But...
    What am I gonna do with all these 9 volt batteries?

• edited April 2019
  • @Max23 said:
    I was just pushing mono drum samples through logics amp designer to make more mono samples
    that was easy as apple pie, got usable stuff in seconds just playing with the mic positions :)
    just saying

if you are after mono signals anyway just mono the sum down so you never hear the stereo fluff while tweaking?
    maybe I don't understand "the problem"?

just for completeness: I was considering the opposite - from stereo to mono.
    Some units don't downmix to mono - and if they do, the result may loose a lot if the effect was designed with optimal 2-channel performance.
    Ping-pongs in the middle position can be quite boring...

• on the other hand why dont they make such crazy pedals after the crazy apps we are enjoying

• It would appear that this thread caught my imagination and what's more the prototyped idea sounds quite good.

watch this space!

• @pagefall said:
    It would appear that this thread caught my imagination and what's more the prototyped idea sounds quite good.

watch this space!

Sweet!

• edited April 2019

(Removed)

• I would love some synth pedals for guitar and bass like Boss SY300 or Future Impact letting you play analog synth sounds not with MIDI but with guitar.