Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation bass station ii

Just picked up a used one for a good price. Any other users here?

Comments

• i bought one off ebay last year for 185 quid. it was described as tested, in full working order and in excellent condition.
    i got it out the box and noticed that the filter knob was missing, then 2 slider caps. after playing it for awhile i noticed that the modulation knob looked like it had been snacked on by a rodent and the acid filter was blown.
    couldn't believe they thought they'd have a successful transaction.
    so before i packed it up to send back, i found a cotton thread bobbin to replace the missing filter knob for the seller. it looked really classy. lol
    imo the best synth of the 3 monos i've had (bs2, monologue, neutron) i really liked it

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Just picked up a used one for a good price. Any other users here?

Yes, love it, a versatile mono - duo, with the latest fw update.

• Apparently there’s a new firmware update part designed by Aphex. Will probably hang on to it until that’s out. Liking it but I’m not sure all the analogue hype is justified. iOS synths sound just as classy to my ears and more effects and mangling fun

• edited April 2019

Got it, love it. Especially since the 2.5 firmware update.....it can do a lot.
    A lot of fun with Digitakt

• It can also be used as a MIDI controller and it has a lot of knobs. I definitely like the sounds it can create. If it doesn’t sound any better to you than your iOS apps, you might be better off returning or selling it as you can buy a lot of iOS apps for the same price.

• edited April 2020

This AFX mode is crazy. Anyone know if the Mono Station has it? (Mononoke is used for the pads).

• @Sequencer1 said:
    This AFX mode is crazy. Anyone know if the Mono Station has it? (Mononoke is used for the pads).

The mono station has patch flip. You can have a different patch on every step. Plus different parameters locks on every step too.

You can sequence stuff via a modulation sequencer too and it can even independently sequence another synth With cv+ gate. The mod sequencer allows really quick and easy gating through the modulation matrix, and you can smooth the steps if you want too.

Amazingly flexible.

It’s fantastic. The sequencer is so much fun to use. Love it.

The mono station is on sale at the moment, half price. Can’t recommend it enough. Plus novation have an awesome sound collective with free plugins every month.

Very happy with mine.

• Thanks @klownshed I didn't realize the Mono Station had patch flip. They're like 'sound locks' on the recent Elektrons?
    I only saw the old loopop video where he p-locks to turn Mono Station into a drum machine.

Hey, can the Mono Station receive external Midi and send it directly out of its CV/Gate jacks? Like a basic Midi-to-CV/gate converter?

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Thanks @klownshed I didn't realize the Mono Station had patch flip. They're like 'sound locks' on the recent Elektrons?
    I only saw the old loopop video where he p-locks to turn Mono Station into a drum machine.

It’s much easier with patch flip. You can put any patch onto any step so you can use presets for each drum hit.

Here’s a video from novation. Check out the others for more features.

Hey, can the Mono Station receive external Midi and send it directly out of its CV/Gate jacks? Like a basic Midi-to-CV/gate converter?

I don’t think so.

The behringer Pro-1 (and probably other B’s) can do this though.

• Thanks for that vid.
    Novation always provides excellent value and they support their products. I’m a fan.

• What do you mean good price?

• I use and abuse the apex mode and the update really rocked. I like it after all these years! Cheers, too bad they cant make a screen with patch names haha@ oh well.

• Found the Mono Station V1.2 YouTube playlist. Thanks again @klownshed

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Found the Mono Station V1.2 YouTube playlist. Thanks again @klownshed

👍

Novation have a load of videos on their website. When the mono last went on sale I watched them all.

Then I hit the ‘Buy’ button. :-)

• edited October 2020

so, they basically removed tuning so everything sounds totally random out of tune, changed color and that is ?

:trollface:

• Have synths jumped the shark? Because now there are "artist" sponsored versions like guitars.

I love AFX, but this is meh.

• I recall novation had a VST of the original Bass Station or something that could do nicely as an AUv3 same with the now 'discontinued' LaunchKey app which had a complete synthesis engine built-in (based on MiniNova) with limited editing options.

So yeah, this is definitely a bit meh...

• edited October 2020

It’s a limited edition keyboard that makes the AFX mode easier to use as the functions are labelled. And it’s black. Black is cool. :-)

Anyway. It’s a fun way for Novation to keep an old synth fresh. I think rather than be disappointed, it’s actually pretty cool that most of the new features are available to owners of the original BS ii for free.

Making a limited edition version out of the free update is cool with me. Especially in the current climate that must have had an impact on working on completely new stuff.

Not many synths get updated so substantially for free so long after they were introduced. They even released older launchpads as open source so people can programme them to do new things.

Also, with the sound collective novation give owners of their stuff fresh bundled software every month too.

I like Novation. I can’t see any reason to be disappointed with they’re doing.

A new circuit would be nice but I’m sure the BS2 hasn’t taken resources away from any circuit 2 projects. It’s all moot for me anyway. I’m in a non-buying-cool-stuff mode for the foreseeable :lol:

although I might be able to convince my boss —who just happens to be me—to get a new iPad Air Strictly for work though, obviously

• @klownshed said:
    It’s a limited edition keyboard that makes the AFX mode easier to use as the functions are labelled. And it’s black. Black is cool. :-)

Agreed, it seems similar to the Arturia Microfreak vocoder edition. Which was essentially a new firmware (for all models) in a new colour enclosure