Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• After all the shenanigans with the new iPad models, I have decided to forget about upgrading to an iPad Mini 5 and just pick this up on Windows. Just waiting for the remaining gadgets to be added to Windows platform before I make a purchase now.

Does anyone know if Korg is planning to port the DAW interface as well? Or do I need to use Bitwig with the Gadgets?

• @davis_korgrd Please do us a favour and talk to the Gadget developers.
    I'm still on v3.7.2 and cannot update before the color scheme is back to a usable one. All new colors don't help if things are too hard to see. Gadget is one of my main apps for composition, maybe I'm not alone?

• @rs2000 said:
    @davis_korgrd Please do us a favour and talk to the Gadget developers.
    I'm still on v3.7.2 and cannot update before the color scheme is back to a usable one. All new colors don't help if things are too hard to see. Gadget is one of my main apps for composition, maybe I'm not alone?

I think you will get a lot more traction if you contact Korg via the link that davis... has posted a few times. The more people that contact them through their preferred channel, the more likely the issue is to get on their radar.

• I've added a knowledge base topic for knowledge sharing (not opinions, etc) and have included a link to the Korg support request form to make it easier for people to find.

• @rs2000 said:
    @davis_korgrd Please do us a favour and talk to the Gadget developers.

I did make a thread here. https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/community/posts/360042843912-Please-improve-the-note-entry-grid-in-Gadget-2- If you haven't signed up yet to those forums, sign up and upvote that thread please. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'm hoping file management is addressed soon too. I mean, they updated it to have subfolders, but you need to type the path in in order to access what you want. Furthermore, half the time I can't see what the sample's name is in order to know what I'm loading.

The other thing that still needs to be addressed by @davis_korgrd is the GUI of the note grid. A new minor update was just released, and it addressed nothing of the GUI whatsoever. What's so difficult with changing the color of a grid? I know it's been said a thousand times already by a lot of folks, but that "new and improved GUI" in the note grid is an eye strain, and I haven't been able to use Gadget since.

Yup and don’t get me started on the Zurich file management system...

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I'm hoping file management is addressed soon too. I mean, they updated it to have subfolders, but you need to type the path in in order to access what you want. Furthermore, half the time I can't see what the sample's name is in order to know what I'm loading.

The other thing that still needs to be addressed by @davis_korgrd is the GUI of the note grid. A new minor update was just released, and it addressed nothing of the GUI whatsoever. What's so difficult with changing the color of a grid? I know it's been said a thousand times already by a lot of folks, but that "new and improved GUI" in the note grid is an eye strain, and I haven't been able to use Gadget since.

Yup and don’t get me started on the Zurich file management system...

Patch Browsing in Glasgow could be improved as well making it easier to find the presets from the different packs in Module :)

But yeah, overall file-management needs an overhaul like...
    Why can *.wav files be put in subfolders while .rx2 files need to be at root level!?

• edited April 2019

Is gadget a perfect daw? No.

Is it an incredible studio-in-your-pocket to sketch stuff whenever and wherever inspiration strikes? Totally.

I was a gadget dabbler, in the last 2 months I've learned a few tricks, bought a few things that means I'm now sketching out music ideas once or twice a week. That's incredible for someone like me who struggled to make something every 6 months. Anyways, what helped:

• irig hd2 and a variax, they pair with rosario+durban so well, great way to get the bones of a track down for a hamfisted keyboard player like me
    • audioshare as a quick central place to record, transfer, quickly trim and edit samples, throw into abu dhabi (yes, warts and all), do fun things
    • finding that rex loop site someone else mentioned, more amen breaks and classic samples than i know what to do with
    • sampling via the ios video recorder and the shortcuts app to convert video to audio. its ghetto, but means I can sample from just about anything i can run on my phone. if i can sample from youtube, i can sample more than i'll ever need.

Some stuff I've done lately, so much fun to jump from DnB to trip hop to weird broken beat stuff, and do it on my phone on the couch.

• @matte Just so you know, getting a lot of 500s there...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @matte Just so you know, getting a lot of 500s there...

Odd, works fine here. Temp SoundCloud outages?

• If those links don't work, try the vanilla link: https://soundcloud.com/cgwiki

• Was giving Primal Audio’s FM4 another spin. Would be great to have as a gadget (instead of Megadrive samples).

• @R_2 said:
    Was giving Primal Audio’s FM4 another spin. Would be great to have as a gadget (instead of Megadrive samples).

It’d also be nice to have a Casio CZ-101 gadget.

• @R_2 said:
    Was giving Primal Audio’s FM4 another spin. Would be great to have as a gadget (instead of Megadrive samples).

This! We'd finally have a proper FM Synth in Gadget. (Well, Chiangmai semi-notwithstanding, but it's not a stereotypical FM Synth.)

• Hi, sorry I haven't been available much of late. There should be another update in the coming weeks addressing a few of the more "popular" issues

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hi, sorry I haven't been available much of late. There should be another update in the coming weeks addressing a few of the more "popular" issues

Hi, and where are our two more Gadgets? :)

• @u0421793 said:

@R_2 said:

Give me a full-fledged Yamaha CS 80 gadget, and I'll never ask for anything again. 😬

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Hi, sorry I haven't been available much of late. There should be another update in the coming weeks addressing a few of the more "popular" issues

Sounds good, thank you! 👍🏼

• @davis_korgrd said:

Cool!

Hope Korg will also jump on the train with proper step-sequencing and 'parameter snapshots' making automation a bit smoother and allowing almost 'one patch per step' kinda approach at the extremes.

But in short a set 'snapshot parameters at playhead' feature would be nice for automating for example Kamata.(ie. one complete wave form refresh per sequencer step as an example).

Also some kind of 'values per step' feedback (or in the case of Bilbao and Vancouver make it possible to have live-feedback when editing automation as this will make automating the sample-start/end/loop parameters a lot easier), for not it's a 'hit or miss' for precise value automation.

The Audio Engine in Gadget can handle it for sure but creating/editing the automation data is a pita without visible or audible feedback.

Looking forward to the "popular" updates which I presume have something to do with the grid contrast, file-management(ie. sub-folder support for *.rx2 files just like for *.wav) and the two new Gadgets :)

For me a "popular" feature would be a way to change the default velocity of the notes draw or played with the on-screen keyboards.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gadget but with a few smaller adjustments & tweaks it could be even better!

• {"embed-external": {"data": {"url": "https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/612795#Comment_612795", "body": null, "name": null, "type": "quote", "width": null, "height": null, "photoUrl": null, "attributes": {"url": "https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/612795#Comment_612795", "format": "Rich", "bodyRaw": [{"insert": "The new gradient background makes it difficult to see the piano> @LeonKowalski said:

@u0421793 said:

@R_2 said:

Give me a full-fledged Yamaha CS 80 gadget, and I'll never ask for anything again. 😬

+1 (except I’d like it most as an AUv3...)

• Hiro posted an image of the Space Harrier on the day of "Helicopter Day (It is named after Leonardo da Vinci)
    " in Japan.

• edited April 2019

@Samu said:
    For me a "popular" feature would be a way to change the default velocity of the notes draw or played with the on-screen keyboards.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gadget but with a few smaller adjustments & tweaks it could be even better!

I guess we'll get Tetris instead. Isn't Tetris a popular game? :D

• @rs2000 said:

@Samu said:

I guess we'll get Tetris instead. Isn't Tetris a popular game? :D

If it comes with game-boy sound-chip and LSDJ I'm in ;)

And here's LSDJ on a Gameboy playing Africa by Toto hehe...

Looking forward to what ever drops when it's time hehe...

• @Samu said:
    Looking forward to what ever drops when it's time hehe...

Oh no, I should have known better :D

• Well, I can't say that I've been working on any Tetris clones myself, but I'll ask around.

I can say that the two new gadgets are coming along, although I don't believe they will be ready for this update.

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Well, I can't say that I've been working on any Tetris clones myself, but I'll ask around.

I can say that the two new gadgets are coming along, although I don't believe they will be ready for this update.

What about .rx2 (Rex files) subfolder support like for the .wav files?

Already moved my Wavs and Rex files to separate folders to keep the Gadget folder somewhat organized :)

I can access the Wavs easily but Rex files stay hidden...

• Can we have subfolders for samples now @samu ?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Can we have subfolders for samples now @samu ?

Yes, you can dump a folders of samples in the Gadget root directory and the Gadgets that can handle user samples will scan thru them which is pretty neat (see the two screenshots). Inside Gadget the name includes a forward slash in the filename to indicate a folder so it's not real 'folder browsing' yet but at least the content can be accessed.

First the 'Folder' in Files.app inside the Gadget folder.

And then in 'Vancouver'