Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fun With New Tools (Atom, StepBud, Cality+AUM)-movies, files and tracks available

edited April 2019 in Creations

Decided to have a little lunch time fun today with a couple of new toys. In this video I am using StepBud and Atom to sequence Quanta, Aparillo and Noise Drums. The 2 lanes of sequences are being fed thru 3 independent channels of Cality, which I am using to tweak Randomness, Length, and Pitch of all the notes being played.

The objective of the jam was to see if I could use Cality to limit, and randomize a simple sequence to in turn create more complexity and variety in the mix. If you know me, I'm a big advocate of generative and experimental sound composition...and this little grouping of tools is opening up some things for my creativity. Next I'm looking into bringing some BramBos LFO into the mix, to glitch things up even more.

Anyhoo, here's the video if you are interested. As always, many many thanks for viewing and commenting.

Have a wonderfully creative day!

Cheers,
-echo opera

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    Decided to have a little lunch time fun today with a couple of new toys. In this video I am using StepBud and Atom to sequence Quanta, Aparillo and Noise Drums. The 2 lanes of sequences are being fed thru 3 independent channels of Cality, which I am using to tweak Randomness, Length, and Pitch of all the notes being played.

The objective of the jam was to see if I could use Cality to limit, and randomize a simple sequence to in turn create more complexity and variety in the mix. If you know me, I'm a big advocate of generative and experimental sound composition...and this little grouping of tools is opening up some things for my creativity. Next I'm looking into bringing some BramBos LFO into the mix, to glitch things up even more.

Anyhoo, here's the video if you are interested. As always, many many thanks for viewing and commenting.

Cheers,
    -echo opera

@echoopera On the cutting edge of iOS music app composition as always great stuff.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@echoopera said:

Cheers,
    -echo opera

@echoopera On the cutting edge of iOS music app composition as always great stuff.

Many thanks sir. Just trying to move myself along on this great journey in life 🙏🏼😬💕

• edited April 2019

It's older and not AU but you should look into midiFILTr (Art Kerns). It blocks via 3 different means (gate, note, sequence) incoming midi notes. You can to similar, but not quite, things with Polythemus or code your own with StreamByter.

I like midiFILTr because its quick and dirty. You're going to have to screen cap or write down the settings between sessions though.

The sounds are great in the video! Damn Aparillo always making stuff sound good. ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    It's older and not AU but you should look into midiFILTr (Art Kerns). It blocks via 3 different means (gate, note, sequence) incoming midi notes. You can to similar, but not quite, things with Polythemus or code your own with StreamByter.

I like midiFILTr because its quick and dirty. You're going to have to screen cap or write down the settings between sessions though.

The sounds are great in the video! Damn Aparillo always making stuff sound good. ;)

Yeah, I love midiFILTr, I just wish it were AUv3...maybe one of these days he'll update his apps...he's got some great pieces of kit...but they are a little long in the tooth.

Thanks for watching and enjoying :)

• Echo, this is beautiful. (I've been meaning to compliment you on your record; been under deadline IRL, but I owe you a detailed review. It's stunning.)

I paid no attention to Cality before now. I was swept up by the early positive reviews for Autony, but all that app does for me as make awkward ugliness. (I can do that on my own!)
    Cality seems to be something different.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Echo, this is beautiful. (I've been meaning to compliment you on your record; been under deadline IRL, but I owe you a detailed review. It's stunning.)

I paid no attention to Cality before now. I was swept up by the early positive reviews for Autony, but all that app does for me as make awkward ugliness. (I can do that on my own!)

Many many thanks! Truly appreciate the feedback. There's a lot of good stuff coming to iOS...almost too much too soon...but I am loving these tools which will improve our workflows when creating. :)

• @echoopera said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Echo, this is beautiful. (I've been meaning to compliment you on your record; been under deadline IRL, but I owe you a detailed review. It's stunning.)

Many many thanks! Truly appreciate the feedback. There's a lot of good stuff coming to iOS...almost too much too soon...but I am loving these tools which will improve our workflows when creating. :)

I hear you on these last few items that have suddenly fallen into the nest. Must also say that they have sent me back as well especially to Step Poly Arp which does so many clever things also (and which I like the song mode of)....

• Ooooh...StepPoly Arp with Cality :)

• Here's another quick one...using Atom to feed StepPolyArp which is in turn being hijacked by Cality and ultimately fed into Aparillo and Noise Drums. So much glitchy fun to be had now :)

• @echoopera said:
    Here's another quick one...using Atom to feed StepPolyArp which is in turn being hijacked by Cality and ultimately fed into Aparillo and Noise Drums. So much glitchy fun to be had now :)

Really cool tune and love the way it developed gradually! Would love to see the wiring up in a video. We’re all the effects stock from aparillo?

• @echoopera said:
    Here's another quick one...using Atom to feed StepPolyArp which is in turn being hijacked by Cality and ultimately fed into Aparillo and Noise Drums. So much glitchy fun to be had now :)

Good.

AUM?

• Thanks @thepinkelefant i was able to screen record the session, just didn’t have time to mix in the stereo audio like the first one. But here it is:

• @echoopera said:

@audiblevideo said:

Yeah, I love midiFILTr, I just wish it were AUv3...

That sounds like something I could add as an example preset for Mozaic.

• edited April 2019

Just watched some YT videos about midiFILTr.

@brambos said:
    That sounds like something I could add as an example preset for Mozaic.

Should be doable, definitely. I did something like this (well, parts of it) with StreamByter and from what i saw from Mozaic until now it should be no problem.

• edited April 2019

Keeping the dream alive while near the equator this week:

A little late night jam with AUM and the new toys mentioned in the title. Thanks for listening to the little loops.

Here’s the screen recording of the session.

Thanks as always for listening and or watching 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

• Let me know if anyone wants the AUM Session.

• @echoopera said:
    Let me know if anyone wants the AUM Session.

I do!

• Here’s a link to the AUM Session: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uytfqx0ukmojjmd/where the challenges are.zip?dl=0

Let me know if it opens for you. 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s a link to the AUM Session: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uytfqx0ukmojjmd/where the challenges are.zip?dl=0

It did and it’s amazing! I really appreciate you being so willing to share with the community. I’ve learned a bunch just by picking apart your sessions!

• edited April 2019

@Zjenji said:

@echoopera said:
    Here’s a link to the AUM Session: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uytfqx0ukmojjmd/where the challenges are.zip?dl=0

It did and it’s amazing! I really appreciate you being so willing to share with the community. I’ve learned a bunch just by picking apart your sessions!

Awesome. Glad you were able to open it up...i think my favorite part of the setup are the Noise drums being fed and tweaked by Cality...so much fun to use. Can’t wait to get home and have it wired to a hardware device so i can knob noodle in real time.

• @echoopera thanks for sharing
    Dissecting and appreciating now :)

• @audiblevideo said:
    @echoopera thanks for sharing
    Dissecting and appreciating now :)

Anytime...anytime...sharing is caring my Pastor always says 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

• @echoopera I don’t have Ravenscroft or Roli, but do have comparable apps. May I ask what their midi sources are in this session?

• Here you go

• Thank you! 😁

• edited April 2019

Landed in a nice place tonight using the same tools as last night. This time i wanted to see how much variety i could add to a very minimal set of just 12 notes playing from Atom and processed thru Cality...really enjoying this process 🙏🏼👊🏼™️

And the AUM Session:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyfrq06exd90bd1/forever the challenge.zip?dl=0

• Again, THANK YOU! This has kept me busy all night.

• @echoopera
    Thank you so much for sharing your AUM project! 💪🏼
    This is so helpful and interesting to re engineer and take apart 👍🏼 Thanks man! Deeply appreciated.

• Nice @echoopera ! You make beautiful ambient music with these apps. A pleasure to listen to and gives motivation and inspiration.

• edited April 2019

@david_2017 @Pierre118 @Zjenji many thanks for giving it a listen and a whirl. Love to hear what you all generate from the starting point. Remixing is a lot of fun ya know 👊🏼™️