Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom piano roll is here !

Comments

• W> @blueveek said:

@skrat said:
    @blueveek I see there is already ton of feature requests so I feel a little guilty to ask for more, but I will give it a try :smile:

You can already do that if you disable keyboard monitoring (speaker icon). Scroll in both directions with one finger by dragging the keyboard (axis biased of course).

Thanks, this is one of those small things you reveal only by accident. Or by asking 😉

• Hi, is it true that atom cant export midi? It was so obvious to me that i didnt even check.
    And now cant find anything about it.

• @yonhorizon said:
    Hi, is it true that atom cant export midi? It was so obvious to me that i didnt even check.

Not yet! It's planned.

• @blueveek said:

@yonhorizon said:
    Hi, is it true that atom cant export midi? It was so obvious to me that i didnt even check.

Not yet! It's planned.

Import?

• @MonzoPro said:

@blueveek said:

@yonhorizon said:

Not yet! It's planned.

Import?

Yes, both are planned high priority features for future updates.

• @blueveek said:

@MonzoPro said:

@blueveek said:

@yonhorizon said:

Not yet! It's planned.

Import?

Yes, both are planned high priority features for future updates.

Great stuff, thanks.

• @blueveek

When using the duplicate/copy function, how do I set the point where I want the selection of notes to be copied to ?

• @White said:
    @blueveek

When using the duplicate/copy function, how do I set the point where I want the selection of notes to be copied to ?

Just tried. Don't think that's possible (as of now)

• @blueveek great work on this, very addictive. :)
    Particularly hoping for a left loop brace for looping small parts of a sequence, which you can then drag like Ableton.

something else I noted:

In a chord sequence if I change the length of a chord in Atom or remove some notes from a chord, sending polyphony to a synth in monophonic mode, (l’m testing with aparillo) this changes which note of the chord gets through for all other notes in the clip in different ways (or some of them) but their positions in the clip are always the same. Can't figure out what's happening there, is that expected behaviour?

I just checked with Steppolyarp and it looks as though it's the lowest note in a chord always gets through with that app when sending polyphony to a mono synth, that makes sense to me. And it seems consistent. With Atom I can't work out how it's deciding which note gets through and played, seems to change when I extend the notes and seems inconsistent but I could be mistaken on how it's supposed to work in this situation :)

• @blueveek Time signature, tempo multiplier, etc also miss in iPhone 7 Plus:

• @Janosax said:
    @blueveek Time signature, tempo multiplier, etc also miss in iPhone 7 Plus:

You can access them in vertical orientation.

Scheduling an update now to address this (and another few issues). There's going to be an expando now, so you can access all tools regardless of orientation.

• @Carnbot said:
    @blueveek great work on this, very addictive. :)

I just checked with Steppolyarp and it looks as though it's the lowest note in a chord always gets through with that app when sending polyphony to a mono synth, that makes sense to me. And it seems consistent. With Atom I can't work out how it's deciding which note gets through and played, seems to change when I extend the notes and seems inconsistent but I could be mistaken on how it's supposed to work in this situation :)

I'm sending all of the notes in creation order. "Creation" can mean a lot of things and it's not always what you'd expect (it's not "user-driven creation" necessarily).

I guess I could sort them by pitch before emitting them, starting with the lowest note.

• edited April 2019

@blueveek said:

@Janosax said:
    @blueveek Time signature, tempo multiplier, etc also miss in iPhone 7 Plus:

You can access them in vertical orientation.

Scheduling an update now to address this (and another few issues). There's going to be an expando now, so you can access all tools regardless of orientation.

I don’t see them in vertical orientation too, can’t drag the toolbar.

Not a big deal, I will wait for your update thanks for your nice and hard work :)

Edit: it was possible by making the window bigger:

• @Janosax said:

Not a big deal, I will wait for your update thanks for your nice and hard work :)

@Janosax said:

Edit: it was possible by making the window bigger:

Glad you managed to find them. :)

• @blueveek said:

@Carnbot said:

I'm sending all of the notes in creation order. "Creation" can mean a lot of things and it's not always what you'd expect (it's not "user-driven creation" necessarily).

I guess I could sort them by pitch before emitting them, starting with the lowest note.

ok I see :) although it seems to change if I only adjust the length of a single note in a sequence, then the whole sequence can sound different from that single note change. It's that part which is confusing because you can only seem to go back to the original sequence with undo, if you drag the notes back to the same position it's a different order to before.

• edited April 2019

@Carnbot said:

@blueveek said:

@Carnbot said:

ok I see :) although it seems to change if I only adjust the length of a single note in a sequence, then the whole sequence can sound different from that single note change. It's that part which is confusing because you can only seem to go back to the original sequence with undo, if you drag the notes back to the same position it's a different order to before.

Yup, it's all because of performance considerations. Not keeping order internally squeezes out some more performance, leaving headroom for your other plugins.

Notes which all start at exactly the same time don't have a particular order in which they need to be emitted, so the order in which I do it is undefined. I still emit everything at the same time, it's just the order that's different. And since mono synths can play one note at a time, it would be nice to have some consistency here.

In the meantime, I think just having your sequence contain just one note at a time is a reasonable workaround. I'll look into having this behaviour more predictable, but that being said, I think I'll still prioritise performance, since workarounds exist.

• @blueveek said:

@Carnbot said:

@blueveek said:

@Carnbot said:

Yup, it's all because of performance considerations. Not keeping order internally squeezes out some more performance, leaving headroom for your other plugins.

Notes which all start at exactly the same time don't have a particular order in which they need to be emitted, so the order in which I do it is undefined. I still emit everything at the same time, it's just the order that's different. And since mono synths can play one note at a time, it would be nice to have some consistency here.

In the meantime, I think just having your sequence contain just one note at a time is a reasonable workaround. I'll look into having this behaviour more predictable, but that being said, I think I'll still prioritise performance, since workarounds exist.

Yeah makes sense, performance is top priority and yes workarounds are easy here :)

• Oh is there a chord feature that will make chords instead of single notes into the roll, that I haven’t seen before?!

• edited April 2019

@blueveek has been working hard on a fix for the iOS 11.4.1 rendering issue.

It now looks to be all good and working in Beta. Think that'll probably update in stores soon.

Cheers @blueveek . Looking forward to digging in and using the app this weekend now.

• @blueveek said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:
    @blueveek I noticed a bug where the notes did not play when I reversed direction from +1 speed to -1 speed mid-flight...

Can you send me a project exhibiting the issue? Did the notes resume playing, or were they paused while reversing direction?

Not sure how to export a session from AUM?

I tried again and I actually think the note playing stays playing (must have been a rest first time round) and then just persists regardless of playhead speed/direction. Have to quit AUM to silence it...

• @SimonSaysBoo said:

@blueveek said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:
    @blueveek I noticed a bug where the notes did not play when I reversed direction from +1 speed to -1 speed mid-flight...

Can you send me a project exhibiting the issue? Did the notes resume playing, or were they paused while reversing direction?

I tried again and I actually think the note playing stays playing (must have been a rest first time round) and then just persists regardless of playhead speed/direction. Have to quit AUM to silence it...

Quitting AUM is not necessary. Just pause the transport, all notes will be OFF-ed :)

• @SimonSaysBoo said:

@blueveek said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

OK - I found the session share... never spotted that before! I’ll message to you here... or reply with an email address

• Its just wonderfully working! So easy to record, to draw in, to enter in a sequence... I am loving it. Great work Blueveek!
    My biggest request or concern is a management of different created presets. Is there something planed for future updates? I would welcome a rudimentary management of sequences... best would be folders also (a dream would be as in SPA an iCloud integration). Right now as I understand it the only way to save sequences is through AUMs preset list, is that right? I haven’t overseen something?

• @SimonSaysBoo said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

@blueveek said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

OK - I found the session share... never spotted that before! I’ll message to you here... or reply with an email address

Wow, didn’t know you could share AUM files so easily and with all content to another device..
    (Long press on file and share) Thanks..

Now let’s see how this works..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugcgtaq2eit1pbq/Atom 1-1.aumproj?dl=0

• maybe i missed it, but i need to set the midi output channel... seems locked to 1

also, setting the play rate to an exact ratio eg 2/3 and adding an apply button which is quantized would be a very lovely performance feature

and, custom drum midi mapping

• @RajahP said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

@blueveek said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

Wow, didn’t know you could share AUM files so easily and with all content to another device..

@RajahP Just opened your session all opened ok, the AudioLayer file / instrument was missing.

• It looks like Atom doesn't record pitchbend, modulation etc. Only notes and velocities are recorded.
    I tried it with GeoShred and it didn't record slides at all.

I hope it will record all midi events in future.

• @SashaPonkratov said:
    It looks like Atom doesn't record pitchbend, modulation etc. Only notes and velocities are recorded.
    I tried it with GeoShred and it didn't record slides at all.

I hope it will record all midi events in future.

@blueveek mentioned here all that's coming in future update.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RajahP said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

@blueveek said:

@SimonSaysBoo said:

@RajahP Just opened your session all opened ok, the AudioLayer file / instrument was missing.

Ok Thanks for testing.. it seemed to transfer well from my iPad to iPhone via airdrop.. I know I definitively did not have that AudioLayer patch on my phone.. oh well..

• edited April 2019

@blueveek is it technically possible to add a movable left locator? For now only right end loop locator can be moved. Being able to move left and right locator could be really nice to build a track with some loops variations, chorus, verses, etc especially in Atom loop record mode.