Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Brilliant documentary on the history of Roland

This is ace!

Comments

• edited April 2019

I want the BOSS VT-1 as an AUv3 with no extra add-ons presets or anything just 4 sliders and keep the orange & blue colours :D
    (It appears at around 1.01.00 mark on the video).

• @Samu said:
    I want the BOSS VT-1 as an AUv3 with no extra add-ons presets or anything just 4 sliders and keep the orange & blue colours :D
    (It appears at around 1.01.00 mark on the video).

:)

• This is just hillarious, "Everything is done without drugs" :D

• @Samu said:
    This is just hillarious, "Everything is done without drugs" :D

And more to the point it's the stuff of nightmares too!

• Thanks! I have a soft spot for (almost) anything Roland. Some of my sweetest memories are unboxing my MC-303 (still have it, will never sell it)! :D

• @brambos said:
    Thanks! I have a soft spot for (almost) anything Roland. Some of my sweetest memories are unboxing my MC-303 (still have it, will never sell it)! :D

You and me both. I had a fire at my studio a few years back and lost some irreplaceable Roland kit (well I've found things difficult to replace at a reasonable price!).

• There's nothing I regret more than selling my MC505, that was the box that got me into electronic music in the first place. I still dream of finding one in mint condition :(

• @brambos said:
    Thanks! I have a soft spot for (almost) anything Roland. Some of my sweetest memories are unboxing my MC-303 (still have it, will never sell it)! :D

I have mine as well but it has the wonky early firmware where the rimshot sample of the 808 & 909 kits has 'random pitch fluctuation' which was remedied in a later firmware update (1.0.2) which required chip replacement.
    I was never able to get hold of one so the pitch of those few sounds in my MC-303 is not 'stable'.

The 'sample' was/is apparently too short and confuses the pitch-interpolation and that was fixed in later firmware...
    (Most likely they padded the sample with some extra zeroes or something?!).

• @jonmoore said:
    This is ace!

Whoa, nice find!

Kakehashi San is kind of a “hero.”

I can’t recommend the book Age Without Samples highly enough!

• There was an episode of the popular NBC TV show Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, where a pervert was harassing woman on the telephone using a VT-1's gender-changer FX. The lead detective, Olivia Benson (played by Mariska Hargitay) searches the pervert"s house, finds the VT-1, and exclaims (paraphrasing) "What kind of people buy this thing? Perverts! It shouldn't be for sale!"

Now little old ladies who watched the show think that anybody with the orange box is a pervert. 🤪

Anyway, great documentary. What a legacy. My first Rolands were the MC-202 and MKS50.

• @Tarekith said:
    There's nothing I regret more than selling my MC505, that was the box that got me into electronic music in the first place. I still dream of finding one in mint condition :(

I still have mine. The LCD display started to die but I found a suitable replacement on Ebay for $40US. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LCD-Display-Part-for-Roland-MC-505-Fix-Mod-Repair-Assorted-Colors-Available/132127328640?hash=item1ec3670980:g:4swAAOSw3S5bspp8&frcectupt=true) It required some snipping to fit inside the MC-505's case but wasn't too bad.

I've bought, sold and re-purchased many pieces but the 505 is one that I could never part with. I keep it right next to my SP-808EX:)

• wimwim
    edited April 2019

How is this documentary a brilliant history of Poland?!?? Not a single mention of the Mongol invasions, the Polish-Teutonic wars ... German occupation, regaining of independence, Lech Walesa, that Pope guy from there, brilliant medical discoveries, contributions to art and literature, etc.

• Great documentary. Made me wish I’d never sold my SH5 and D10.

• Wow, talk about crazy timing. One of my twitter followers knew I've been trying to find a mint condition 505 for awhile now and alerted me to one for sale on ebay. Turns out the seller was in Seattle too, so we were able to meet in person yesterday and I came home with this:

Literally looks like brand new, so stoked to dive back in with an old friend from days gone by :wink:

• @Tarekith dream scenario! Congratulations.

• @Tarekith said:
    Wow, talk about crazy timing. One of my twitter followers knew I've been trying to find a mint condition 505 for awhile now and alerted me to one for sale on ebay. Turns out the seller was in Seattle too, so we were able to meet in person yesterday and I came home with this:

Literally looks like brand new, so stoked to dive back in with an old friend from days gone by :wink:

Awesome! Have fun! :o

• I plan on it!

• @Tarekith said:

Nice work fella.