Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Medly: SUBSCRIPTION? Non Legacy /Grandfathering?(update)

edited April 2019 in Market Place

I reloaded Medly and can't restore my IAP I made over the many years I had it.

Then I see something about a subscription or membership?

Can someone clarify what and when happened with this app?

Sorry if late to the dance on this.

SO I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THESE FOLKS.

WITHIN 24 HOURS THEY CONTACTED ME BACK AND ARE WORKING ON A RESOLUTION.

Comments

• I think it happened over a year ago, sometime after Auxy successfully went subscription. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. Auxy tho, I subscribe every now and then and bang out a track or two. Works well

• Auxy is pretty great. Needs more "real instrument" sounds, or at least allow for custom user samples like Beathawk does (with real time timestretching). But, I've been a subscriber since February 1st last year.

Now Medly on the other hand is just "meh". I tried the one-week free trial, and even then I only tried it for a day or two. If I recall, the editor was a pain in the arse. The sounds were plastic. It was an overall terrible experience. The only plus it has going for it is it uses Gadget's old colour schemes. Who knew that someday Medly would have a better GUI than Gadget 2? :lol:

Even worse - Auxy allows those who've purchased the IAPs previously to continue using them sans subscription - i.e. they were grandfathered in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like Medly dropped the ball there and has essentially screwed people who've previously purchased their IAPs out of their IAPs sans subscription. Not a good move.

• My version of Medley still has all the IAPs I purchased,

There’s also a bunch of things I can’t access available to members only.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like Medly dropped the ball there and has essentially screwed people who've previously purchased their IAPs out of their IAPs sans subscription.

You shall be corrected - from day 1, we grandfathered everyone in, and even offer an extended trial to users that have made past purchases (from 2 weeks to 1 or 2 months, where most got 2 months).

The issue Rustik is having is one cause by Apple: you can only use purchases made on the same Apple ID used to download an app - you can’t mix and match IDs.

Also... I understand your not a fan of our UI/UX, but I should point out, it doesn’t mean our UI/UX is bad - probably just a different experience than you’re use to (since Auxy and us take very different approaches to our piano role editor). Just food for thought, since you didn’t spend much time using Medly (side note: Medly does offer a pretty great free experience too, that doesn’t require you to be a subscriber, so you can always pick it back up and give it another try).

• CNN’s> @baldajan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like Medly dropped the ball there and has essentially screwed people who've previously purchased their IAPs out of their IAPs sans subscription.

You shall be corrected - from day 1, we grandfathered everyone in, and even offer an extended trial to users that have made past purchases (from 2 weeks to 1 or 2 months, where most got 2 months).

The issue Rustik is having is one cause by Apple: you can only use purchases made on the same Apple ID used to download an app - you can’t mix and match IDs.

Also... I understand your not a fan of our UI/UX, but I should point out, it doesn’t mean our UI/UX is bad - probably just a different experience than you’re use to (since Auxy and us take very different approaches to our piano role editor). Just food for thought, since you didn’t spend much time using Medly (side note: Medly does offer a pretty great free experience too, that doesn’t require you to be a subscriber, so you can always pick it back up and give it another try).

Correction to the correction (and update to my previous post)

On my iPad mini1 it won’t restore my purchase of the Band Pack. (iOS 9.3.5 -where it’s capped)
    Restore button does nothing, purchasing it says you already purchased this would you like it again for free - but nothing is downloaded after I press yes.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    CNN’s> @baldajan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

On my iPad mini1 it won’t restore my purchase of the Band Pack. (iOS 9.3.5 -where it’s capped)
    Restore button does nothing, purchasing it says you already purchased this would you like it again for free - but nothing is downloaded after I press yes.

Update to the update's update........

They are basically saying to me to come up with the receipts for those IAP.

I mean, I don't have hours to go through years and thousands of IAP and purchases....so I don' know.

I am over it and think having to go through this is unacceptable by real world standards.

It is on Apple as much as the company to be honest.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    CNN’s> @baldajan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I mean, I don't have hours to go through years and thousands of IAP and purchases....so I don' know.

I am over it and think having to go through this is unacceptable by real world standards.

Asking you to find the receipt because we’ve dealt with many of these issues - if a reinstall doesn’t work, then the user is mistaken as to which Apple ID was used for the purchase. This is a double check. You can also find it through an email receipt.

Unfortunately this is something that Apple enforces - not us, and doing this type of support is the best we can do.

@BiancaNeve This sounds like a bug that we fixed in later versions - you can try a reinstall but I’m uncertain if that will fix the issue. We can’t issue updates to prior version support of Medly, cause Apple...

• @baldajan said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    CNN’s> @baldajan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Asking you to find the receipt because we’ve dealt with many of these issues - if a reinstall doesn’t work, then the user is mistaken as to which Apple ID was used for the purchase. This is a double check. You can also find it through an email receipt.

Unfortunately this is something that Apple enforces - not us, and doing this type of support is the best we can do.

@BiancaNeve This sounds like a bug that we fixed in later versions - you can try a reinstall but I’m uncertain if that will fix the issue. We can’t issue updates to prior version support of Medly, cause Apple...

I appreciate your response and am not trying to disparage you or Medly at all.

I simply am just limited on time and energy for some things.

To be honest though, I think it is good you posted.

Sometimes things like this can really leave a bad taste in a users mouth having to do things to prove they bought something.

I personally think the app and you guys are great.

I am just easily frustrated at points with iOS some days more than others.

I do hope I find the receipts when I have time to sift through years of purchases.

Hate to lose access and enjoyment of this app after using it for many years.

In fact, prior to it being on Audiobus I think.

That long.

Thanks again for the feedback and attempting to clarify.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@baldajan said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    CNN’s> @baldajan said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I appreciate your response and am not trying to disparage you or Medly at all.

I simply am just limited on time and energy for some things.

To be honest though, I think it is good you posted.

Sometimes things like this can really leave a bad taste in a users mouth having to do things to prove they bought something.

I personally think the app and you guys are great.

I am just easily frustrated at points with iOS some days more than others.

I do hope I find the receipts when I have time to sift through years of purchases.

Hate to lose access and enjoyment of this app after using it for many years.

In fact, prior to it being on Audiobus I think.

That long.

Thanks again for the feedback and attempting to clarify.

You can probably find your receipt by searching your email inbox and discover what Apple ID was used to make the purchase. Once you figure that out, reinstall Medly under the correct Apple ID and it should work.

The digital receipt Medly uses for verification is a cryptographic receipt that’s not human readable, and must come from Apple’s servers. So you finding the exact receipt isn’t the issue - it’s finding out what Apple ID you used to make the purchase - does that make sense?