Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Oberhausen iSEM recreation by Plugin Alliance for Desktop.

This sounds pretty sweet, a pretty neat recreation.

Comments

• Just downloaded the VCF on this thing is insane!

• That comparison to the Arturia SEM V was a little unfair as he had the Soft Clip enabled which sounds pants on the Arturia. I own one of the Oberheim SEM reissues that was released around 2009/2010. I also saved up and spent all my pocket money on a Sequential (Dave Smith) OB-6 Desktop (I'm a massive Oberheim fanboy) and I can honestly say from scanning through that video I'm not certain that the BX emulation is any closer than the SEM V. Not saying it's worse but many Oberheim fans rate the SEM V highly.

Gordon Reid (major old school synth fanatic with big, big love for Oberheim) reviewed the Dave Smiths OB-6 back in 2016 for Sound on Sound and made a point of mentioning how close the SEM V is to that classic Oberheim sound. The thing that it has that really brings it to life as a polysynth is the Voice Programmer which animates the voices in multiple ways including across the stereo field. This is a single button option on the BX Oberhausen.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/dave-smith-instruments-ob6

I'm open-minded about the Oberhausen as I own and rate many products in the Plugin Alliance portfolio. But I don't dig marketing that attempts to trash the competition. A good product should be able to impress in its own right not by creating a false comparison.

For any iSEM owners. The first thing you should do when coming across a flat sounding preset is to disable the Soft Saturation button. It completely destroys the filter response. There are far better saturation options in iOS that will fatten up the iSEM nicely.

• Not saying it's worse but many Oberheim fans rate the SEM V highly.

I owned Analogue Solutions SEMblance and i think Arturia iSEM is very very close. Actually i think thats best emulation Arturia ever did.

• Any price tag on this beast? I can't see it on the plugin alliance website, and i don't want to register unless i know the price.

• @Identor said:
    Any price tag on this beast? I can't see it on the plugin alliance website, and i don't want to register unless i know the price.

No I couldn’t see it either ?

• edited April 2019

I believe intro is $179, rising to $249. Heavy hitters I'm guessing will be $99 as per previous offers.

• @jonmoore said:
    That comparison to the Arturia SEM V was a little unfair as he had the Soft Clip enabled which sounds pants on the Arturia.

good to know, thanks.