Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chords Pad X from the maker of Suggester

Comments

• Looks great - my one gripe with the otherwise excellent ChorPolyPad is that it doesn't support Y axis velocity, so this might just fill that gap. Shame it's not AU though, that would have been the icing on the cake.

• Actually I take that back, it's not Y axis velocity, but 3D touch based velocity, much less useful unfortunately:

http://www.mathieurouthier.com/chordpadx/

• Ok so it’s IAA only, no big shakes as it’s a chord app. It has state saving inside Audiobus aswell which is good. It lets you save different chord templates. Oh and 14 day free trial before you decide to part with your money £4.99 UK full unlock. I didn’t know devs could do trials on iOS ?

• The drag and drop functionality of this is pretty good, should make a good feeder into Atom.

• Some of the functionality is missing on my iPad pro 2017, I am unable to edit the chords, after you have changed and previewed them,hit done and it just reverts to the original chord, this worked fine on my iPhone. Also is there anyway to mute ChordpadX ,when playing another app in midi mode ? , Thanks for any help

• At least Tja will be happy there’s a link posted. 😂

• I> @SpookyZoo said:

At least Tja will be happy there’s a link posted. 😂

I tried putting in the App Store link as usual it doesn’t work ! Glad someone did.

• Fun. Anyone know how to turn OFF the internal sounds? Running nicely with Module and easy pickings into Blocs, but I can't rid myself of the default etc...

• @richardyot said:
    Actually I take that back, it's not Y axis velocity, but 3D touch based velocity, much less useful unfortunately:

A little trick with ChordPolyPad (which you probably already know but it's worth repeating for others)) is to use something like apeMatrix or Kai Aras's KB-1to trigger the pads as these do have Y vector velocity.

You get the programmability of ChordPolyPad with the playability of a more expressive input interface. Much as I like KB-1, apeMatrix give you more vertical space so it's my prefered input interface when velocity is important. Kai's keyboards are the better option for Y vector expression slides (this can be great with tuned percussion such as tabla's)

• @jonmoore said:

@richardyot said:
    Actually I take that back, it's not Y axis velocity, but 3D touch based velocity, much less useful unfortunately:

A little trick with ChordPolyPad (which you probably already know but it's worth repeating for others)) is to use something like apeMatrix or Kai Aras's KB-1to trigger the pads as these do have Y vector velocity.

You get the programmability of ChordPolyPad with the playability of a more expressive input interface. Much as I like KB-1, apeMatrix give you more vertical space so it's my prefered input interface when velocity is important. Kai's keyboards are the better option for Y vector expression slides (this can be great with tuned percussion such as tabla's)

I didn't know that, I never thought of triggering CPP with KB-1, I'll give it a try.

• @richardyot said:

@jonmoore said:

@richardyot said:

I didn't know that, I never thought of triggering CPP with KB-1, I'll give it a try.

The pads can be controlled by external controllers including another AUv3 MIDI controller. Unfortunately, you can only work chromatically with the pad note numbers (0-127). I'd prefer it if you could assign a MIDI note number per pad as this would aid recall, as you could set up the pads based on root note/inversion etc. But it's better than nowt! :)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I> @SpookyZoo said:

I tried putting in the App Store link as usual it doesn’t work ! Glad someone did.

Thanks, both of you :) ;)

Bought the full version instantly.

• @tja said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I> @SpookyZoo said:

Thanks, both of you :) ;)

Bought the full version instantly.

😃👍

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ok so it’s IAA only, no big shakes as it’s a chord app. It has state saving inside Audiobus aswell which is good. It lets you save different chord templates. Oh and 14 day free trial before you decide to part with your money £4.99 UK full unlock. I didn’t know devs could do trials on iOS ?

The 14 day trial thing is genius..

• Very nice little doodah. Easy to get some nice chord progressions going quickly.

Anyone had this working triggered from a ROLI Lightpad Block M (or whatever this thing is called) ? Connected mine in the Midi Controllers menu but.. nothing. Could be the perfect match.

• I have a strange problem:

The "+" does not work anymore.
    I can only open my first and sole keyboard, but not create more of them

• @tja said:
    I have a strange problem:

Have you signed up for the 14 day trial or bought the IAP? Maybe this is a limitation of the free version?

• tjatja
    edited April 2019

@Jocphone said:

@tja said:
    I have a strange problem:

Have you signed up for the 14 day trial or bought the IAP? Maybe this is a limitation of the free version?

I bought the full version in the App Store.
    I could not find a way to buy an IAP.
    The App only allowed to start the trial version, which I was not interested in.

• tjatja
    edited April 2019

Now it works again.
    Very strange.

Does this something with the Internet or iClouds maybe?

Edit: It works on one iPad, but not on the other. I also tried give access to iCloud, but that did not help (and removed the access again)
    Very strange

• Also looking for a way to turn off the internal sounds. Possible?

• I encountered the same issue and could not find a way to turn off the internal sounds. The only workaround I found, is to host the app in AUM, and route the output to another Midi synth app and mute the audio for ChordpadX

• I got a mail that seems to say that you better do not use the "+" button when not using iCloud.
    Instead navigate somewhere and use "Create Document".

Also, the muting of internal sounds will come in a near update!

• What is the point of midi out if you can’t mute internal sounds? Weird omission.

• @robertreynolds said:
    What is the point of midi out if you can’t mute internal sounds? Weird omission.

Agree, agree, agree. Got to be a weird error/oversight.

• @richardyot said:

@jonmoore said:

@richardyot said:

me neither, useful tip

• edited May 2019

This app has been updated. It is now working as an AU too... great.

I immediately bought the in app purchase but have some trouble when changing the scale in the AU instance as the system is asking endlessly to go to the standalone app to activate this functionality...but I have already bought everything I can..

Edit: dev is aware and is investigating

• @cuscolima said:
    This app has been updated. It is now working as an AU too... great.

I immediately bought the in app purchase but have some trouble when changing the scale in the AU instance as the system is asking endlessly to go to the standalone app to activate this functionality...but I have already bought everything I can..

Edit: dev is aware and is investigating

The au is a mess, as it stands. Very limited functionality and keeps stopping working. I’ll give him time to sort it, though, cos it’s a good app, otherwise. But one thing that bothers me is that it says that pad editing must be ‘unlocked’ in the main app, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to do that.

• He found the problem and will release a new version asap

• @cuscolima said:
    He found the problem and will release a new version asap

Excellent - meaning that the auv3 pads will be changeable, too?