Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• That's pretty damn nice. :)

• Cooooool

• that looks like it will be really useful

• edited April 2019

Yeehaw!

• edited April 2019

Another Instabuy

• Looking forward to this...

• This is FACing awesome. Super excited, all his apps are amazing!! Thanks for the heads up 😎

• @AudioGus said:

Yeehaw!

Maximum Burt Reynolds bonus points awarded.

• I’m into it.

• Cool..Will it have an analyser or some sort of level meter?

• Will this be able to run without a lookahead delay (for live work)? This fills a hole for me.

• I'm assuming the icon will be a 'B' for BandIt....Damn, still can't spell a naughty word with the icons in my FX folder :D
    Looks like another very useful tool from Fred.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Will this be able to run without a lookahead delay (for live work)? This fills a hole for me.

Thats what she sAID

• The FAC apps are great little apps. I too must concur with an animated gif to express the pure energy of my joy.

• I hate teasers. When can I get smokin?

• Ah, another instabuy, FACing ace. 2019 has been good to us IOS music producers so far, and now this. FAC Transient and FAC Chorus are used in everything I do, without question. Maxima is great, too. The only one I've never really got to grips with is Envolver, but I'm sure that's entirely my own fault.

• Does this work like an eq mostly, I see it separates frequencies and lets you add some effects... The effects it's offering are not ones I use often, lofi, distortion, but I do love fac chorus and might get maxima

• @reasOne said:
    Does this work like an eq mostly, I see it separates frequencies and lets you add some effects... The effects it's offering are not ones I use often, lofi, distortion, but I do love fac chorus and might get maxima

Maxima, at least to me, is indispensable. I use it on almost every send fx track in AUM in its basic “fast” limiter configuration. It works as a limiter AND and expander. I then vary the wet/dry with a controller. That way, sometimes if I’m sending a small amount of signal to an fx channel, post fx node I’ll increase the wet level of maxima so the fx is more “pronounced” but necessarily “louder” if you follow me.

Then I’ll almost always have it on my master monitoring channel in a mastering configuration as a quick, “what will this sorta sound like once/if I bother to master it?” Or I’ll record the raw master AND record the master/maxed channel to throw on a video audio track.

Anyway. Just buy the damn thing! 😁

• @reasOne said:
    Does this work like an eq mostly, I see it separates frequencies and lets you add some effects... The effects it's offering are not ones I use often, lofi, distortion, but I do love fac chorus and might get maxima

It allows you to selectively add FX to specific ranges of frequencies. For instance, adding distortion to just the low end without affecting the rest. Good for fattening up a kick (or destroying it) when not on a separate channel. That kind of thing.

It’s kind of like Reamp but with different kind of FX.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

Maxima, at least to me, is indispensable. I use it on almost every send fx track in AUM in its basic “fast” limiter configuration. It works as a limiter AND and expander. I then vary the wet/dry with a controller. That way, sometimes if I’m sending a small amount of signal to an fx channel, post fx node I’ll increase the wet level of maxima so the fx is more “pronounced” but necessarily “louder” if you follow me.

Then I’ll almost always have it on my master monitoring channel in a mastering configuration as a quick, “what will this sorta sound like once/if I bother to master it?” Or I’ll record the raw master AND record the master/maxed channel to throw on a video audio track.

Anyway. Just buy the damn thing! 😁

haha sold to the man with the app addiction 🤣
    I've been considering maxima or limiter from ape, seems both are quite great!
    Appreciate the info man, deff need a tool for these situations

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

It allows you to selectively add FX to specific ranges of frequencies. For instance, adding distortion to just the low end without affecting the rest. Good for fattening up a kick (or destroying it) when not on a separate channel. That kind of thing.

It’s kind of like Reamp but with different kind of FX.

Ahhh that makes sense, sounds very useful indeed, I'm not to sold on the effects it comes with but maybe I'm wrong and they are just what my mixes need! Thank ya man