Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• Unlike books bought from Microsoft- who are closing their bookshop soon and the books will be GONE.

• edited April 2019

“Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.”
    -Frédéric Chopin

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff"
    -Frank Zappa

• There are some objects battered and sufficiently old to be about perfect (self, obviously), but what IS this thing?

• It's a vintage (ie non-AUv3) tape echo. Abandonware no doubt, and not 64bit compatible.

• Link enabled?

In all seriousness, they are gloriously "smeary" if you can find the right one.

• @richardyot @lukesleepwalker said:

Link enabled?

In all seriousness, they are gloriously "smeary" if you can find the right one.

You guitarists live in a different world to us biro-botherers...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

There are some objects battered and sufficiently old to be about perfect (self, obviously), but what IS this thing?

Here is one of mine.

I have two just so I can use one for the rest of my life.

• @BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

There are some objects battered and sufficiently old to be about perfect (self, obviously), but what IS this thing?

Here is one of mine.

I have two just so I can use one for the rest of my life.

It's funny, or maybe obvious, but as a writer/vocalist I never cared about all the machinery and cabinets and amps and pedals. Never got into all that buying and selling. The horse-trading of pay day :) But this bugger, this I suddenly am jealous of and want my own versions of and a room to put them in. Maybe a roadie also. A sullen girlfriend. See, once it starts....

• All we are not stares back at what we are. (Auden)

• edited April 2019

Band name would be Page 290

• edited May 2019

Lay down with your eyes closed and relax.

Start with the current year, then just count down... 2018, 2017, 2016 etc... With each year let something more or less related to that year pop into your head. Try starting with personal memories, the house you lived in, friends you had, your school, job, kids birth, whatever. Once you get down to the year you were born (it should only take a minute or two) start again and this time pick an external theme, like historic world events or the evolution of music or technology or whatever you are into. Now keep counting down to before your birth and see how weird it feels when you hit a mere minus twenty to forty years.

• @AudioGus said:

Start with the current year, then just count down... 2018, 2017, 2016 etc... With each year let something more or less related to that year pop into your head. Try starting with personal memories, the house you lived in, friends you had, your school, job, kids birth, whatever. Once you get down to the year you were born (it should only take a minute or two) start again and this time pick an external theme, like historic world events or the evolution of music or technology or whatever you are into. Now keep counting down to before your birth and see how weird it feels when you hit a mere minus twenty to forty years.

I did this. Much (completely sober) wondering and wandering. A guided meditation but with thinking encouraged :) Particularly found the going back past the year I was born interesting....I've always known that the second world war wasn't that far before I arrived, but hadn't seen that so clearly before. 61 to 45 is no different to the 16 short years The Kid has been around....time conflates.

• edited May 2019

@AudioGus said:

I like to do something similar to this: if I have a quiet moment, I’ll sit and fix on a well-thumbed memory - could be something from when I was a kid, or a past relationship. With my eyes shut, and feeling relaxed,I’ll then focus and explore it, and in doing so go forwards or backwards from that moment to explore other things that happened on that day. Sometimes I can uncover things I’ve not thought about since they happened.

I guess it’s a kind of self-hypnosis. Not sure whether I’ve got a really good memory, or a bad one that I need to do this to remember stuff!

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

I like to do something similar to this: if I have a quiet moment, I’ll sit and fix on a well-thumbed memory - could be something from when I was a kid, or a past relationship. With my eyes shut, and feeling relaxed,I’ll then focus and explore it, and in doing so go forwards or backwards from that moment to explore other things that happened on that day. Sometimes I can uncover things I’ve not thought about since they happened.

I guess it’s a kind of self-hypnosis. Not sure whether I’ve got a really good memory, or a bad one that I need to do this to remember stuff!

Reminds me of the whole memory palace notion, Hannibal... :)

• edited May 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

Reminds me of the whole memory palace notion, Hannibal... :)

Yeah, good way to memorise stuff, remember trying this out after reading about it in a Derren Brown book. I guess I’m working through it in the opposite direction as they’re already in there.

Something came into my thoughts yesterday, so I explored it for a bit - and revealed stuff I hadn’t thought of for 25 years. Bit of a shock, as we tend to rewrite history into palatable stories to suit our own perspectives, and chop out the awkward bits.

• edited May 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

Interesting, I never thought of going in for a zoom on more detail but that definitely sounds like an interesting exercise to try.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

I did this. Much (completely sober) wondering and wandering. A guided meditation but with thinking encouraged :) Particularly found the going back past the year I was born interesting....I've always known that the second world war wasn't that far before I arrived, but hadn't seen that so clearly before. 61 to 45 is no different to the 16 short years The Kid has been around....time conflates.

Yah ww2 was the bigger kicker for me and realising that that span of time between 911 and now was more or less comparable to the end of WW2 and the heart of the Vietnam War.

• Otherwise known as Stockholm Reasoning ™

• @AudioGus said:

Otherwise known as Stockholm Reasoning ™

Very clever. And good. But I have a suspicion Mary might clip you round the ear all the same :)

• Very happy to see Pablo Neruda referenced here. One of my absolute faves... Mary Oliver's no slouch either. But Neruda is so sublime.