Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Figure updated

It’s alive!

Comments

• Back where it started then.

• updated only to tell that there will be future updates?? :D :D :D

• Me want at least partial Files.app support or even better, an export similar to Reason Compact (ie. 'iOS Share Sheet').

• @MAtrixplan said:
    updated only to tell that there will be future updates?? :D :D :D

Well actually that is news, last info was it was being removed from the store when alihoopa shut its doors.

• The dream of more tracks lives! Please call it Figure 8!

• Great.
    I love this app.
    B)

• edited April 2019

Great news for a great classic app which by the way still beats the hell out of many that have come since when it comes to fun, simple touch screen music making!

Looks like this update basically just places it squarely back in the hands of Propellerheads, you sign in with the props login or create one. Also the description is now advertising Thor and Kong sounds, don’t remember that from the Allihoopa days. Good news. Here’s to hoping for one additional, ideally polyphonic instrument in the future

• @db909 so true. Definitely one of the champions of iOS music. Great sounds, with a lot going on in a very accessible and fun interface.

• AHHHH WTF AB forum reading my mind. I was JUST thinking about this today and how there was stuff about it I loved, and that I'd LOVE to use it for sample fodder. Aaaaaand downloading now :smiley: thank you for this news!

• edited April 2019

Update also says about integration with reason. Probably some type of tune export in reason since figure uses sounds from thor and kong. Maybe?

I'd be happy with an ableton export and possibly better song building.

@db909 said:
    Great news for a great classic app which by the way still beats the hell out of many that have come since when it comes to fun, simple touch screen music making!

Looks like this update basically just places it squarely back in the hands of Propellerheads, you sign in with the props login or create one. Also the description is now advertising Thor and Kong sounds, don’t remember that from the Allihoopa days. Good news. Here’s to hoping for one additional, ideally polyphonic instrument in the future

• After updating the app Figure wants me to sign in before I can use it. I don’t want to sign in.

Did I miss something?

• @yowza said:
    After updating the app Figure wants me to sign in before I can use it. I don’t want to sign in.

Did I miss something?

Nope, it's 'Propellerheads' they want you to sign-in from everything, Reason Compact and Reason Lite on the desktop :D
    I already had a Propellerheads account since Reason 1.0 so it's no biggie for me...

It could be that they will use this for the 'integration' between their other apps in the future...

• So we go from alihooppa (whatever) to this? One step forward, two steps back.

• @yowza said:
    After updating the app Figure wants me to sign in before I can use it. I don’t want to sign in.

Did I miss something?

I think if you have wifi turned off - you can use it without logging in to an account.

• @yowza said:
    So we go from alihooppa (whatever) to this? One step forward, two steps back.

No, this actually makes more sense. We went from using a Propellerhead account, to needing an Allihoopa account and now we're back to a Props account. Like Samu says this will be the mechanism for tying into Reason I'd suspect. And same here, I've had a Props account since v4.0 so I've just been using that this whole time more or less

• Resurrected just in time for Easter

• Totally f'd in AUM. Switching from Figure to AUM just results in a hung Figure unless I switch back... As there's no way to record in Figure... sigh... These people are morons...

• Apart from a version number and a new sign in, what’s new?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Totally f'd in AUM. Switching from Figure to AUM just results in a hung Figure unless I switch back... As there's no way to record in Figure... sigh... These people are morons...

well, that FIGURES.

• Well you can export to AudioCopy again now at least.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Totally f'd in AUM. Switching from Figure to AUM just results in a hung Figure unless I switch back... As there's no way to record in Figure... sigh... These people are morons...

well, that FIGURES.

I even did an uninstall/reinstall...

It WILL record into AUM if you arm it first, THEN go to figure to play stuff. but as soon as you exit figure in any way, it hangs/buzzes...

Like all good zombies, this one came back to life with significant shit missing or not working...

These guys are like a business school case study in what NOT to do with your products/brands...

• Great news that Figure is alive.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

well, that FIGURES.

I even did an uninstall/reinstall...

It WILL record into AUM if you arm it first, THEN go to figure to play stuff. but as soon as you exit figure in any way, it hangs/buzzes...

Like all good zombies, this one came back to life with significant shit missing or not working...

These guys are like a business school case study in what NOT to do with your products/brands...

You just have to launch Figure outside of AUM first, then load it into AUM.
    Solved the problem, for me anyway.

• I wish the add some concepts from Koala sampler into this . A hybrid of great synth like Figure and Koala and perhaps a looper would be a awesome simple way to use app

• @thepinkelefant said:
    I wish the add some concepts from Koala sampler into this . A hybrid of great synth like Figure and Koala and perhaps a looper would be a awesome simple way to use app

Yes. Would be especially nice to have the Koala loop launcher with all the easy breezy simply executed functions. But goddamned I want at least ONE MORE TRACK PLEASE

• I really like Figure but I have a policy. If a app need a login it gets deleted. How much do I like Figure ?

• @ecou said:
    I really like Figure but I have a policy. If a app need a login it gets deleted. How much do I like Figure ?

Like I said above - if you don't have wifi turned on you should be able to open Figure without a need for a login.
    I Haven't updated yet to test, but that's how it worked for me with Reason Compact.

• @ecou said:
    I really like Figure but I have a policy. If a app need a login it gets deleted. How much do I like Figure ?

Just use a made up email address.

• Oh goody, landscape mode finally.

(Opens app).

Oh.