Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Buchla ID700 dropped on iOS (Jonathan Schatz, modosc designs)

Comments

• @Max23 said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@cian said:
    God I hope he talks to a Graphic Designer prior to release...

Why? It seems logically laid out and functional.

looks good, looks pretty much like the original thing so you can bet its functional ;)
    and its Multiplatform :)
    so easy to integrate into whatever you are doing
    but please dont use red & green on the same interface, I am red/green blind as are many others ...

Dito.

Less dramatic colors please and not those that many people just can't see or differentiate.

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Blimey, that reminds me of one of my weirder computer music purchases from much later (1998). The Yamaha SW1000XG. The thing that was cool about it was that you could attach a daughter board which could be a VL physical modeling synth, a 6 operator FM synth, an AN1X based virtual analog or even a Vocoder! I plumped for the VL as I'd just purchased a Nord Modular and still owned a DX7IIFD which were dirt cheap in the early nineties due to everybody chasing analogs.

The https://www.musicradar.com/news/blast-from-the-past-yamaha-sw1000xg

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • +++1 differences color scheme. Something that makes you happy when in front of for multiple hours at a time. Please. Thank you.

• @Max23
    If you have no luck getting them to change it, what if you invert the screen colours in iOS display settings?

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @Max23
    If you have no luck getting them to change it, what if you invert the screen colours in iOS display settings?

Wouldn’t that just invert Red to Green and vice versa?

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019

@Max23 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @Max23

invert colors doesnt work like that
    what color are the names here? green? they turn blue
    invert colors usually works well for text but for an UI its usually rubbish at least for me ...

I always thought that the 'opposite' of Green was Red.

• @Max23 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@Max23 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    @Max23

invert colors doesnt work like that
    what color are the names here? green? they turn blue
    invert colors usually works well for text but for an UI its usually rubbish at least for me ...

I always thought that the 'opposite' of Green was Red.

I always say invert colors but its actually called smart invert colors apple style
    its made for text so if you have text in weird colors with weird background colors it changes the colors so everything, hm how to say, has different hues that changes hm the contrast, so you have another chance to be able to read the text ...

Yeah, I just use it for apps where I don't like the colour scheme. It's handy. :)

• edited May 2019
  • @Max23 said:
    I heard back from the developer.
    He is aware of the issue and considers another color theme, it may be not in the initial release, but ...

Any indication as to when it might be released?

• edited May 2019
  • Any word of AU?

• @Max23 said:
    The Buchla 700 is a 12 voice 4 operator FM synth released in 1987 and designed by Don Buchla. There are several main ways the 700 differentiates itself from the other FM synths common in the industry at that time:

Each algorithm outputs through two independant waveshapers. This allows a single instrument defintion to output two different audio signals without requiring a separate stacked voice. This also increases the sonic palette by allowing a user to easily create non-sinusoid waveforms.
    The waveshapers are cousins to the ones use in the Buchla Touche, Buchla 400 and the Buchla 259e. They are quite unique and use some interesting waveshaping techniques.
    Each voice has 13 complex envelopes which control almost every aspect of the sound algorithm. The envelopes have a unique exponential display, are programmable with an arbitrary number of breakpoints, and include programmable features such as looping.
    Programming was simplified with the help of a graphical user interface and an external monitor.

Thanks for the explanation, especially about what sets the 700 apart from common FM synths - never heard about this one! :)

• The main problem with the colors on this design is the contrast TBH. I wish developers would aim for WCAG AA compliance - not for the legality, but just because the contrast levels make everything a lot more usable.

• edited May 2019
  • Well I hope it comes out with lickable red like the buchla 100( from the Acid Tests?):

https://cdm.link/2019/05/a-buchla-synth-repair-turned-into-an-lsd-trip-and-made-the-evening-news/

• developer here - thanks for the design comments.

the color scheme is based off of the ega palette to give it some semblance of "vintage" feel. i agree some of the colors could be better selected and it's on my list to do another pass through before the official launch.

w/r/t the red/green color choice - don used red/green to symbolize left/right (this is the scheme used by running lights on a boat) and the same pattern is in use on the 259e. hopefully i can find a better pairing of green/red that are easier for color blind folks.

• Agree that it could be a lot easier on the eyes. But...

each voice has 14 envelopes which can use external midi sources as well as looping to create complex modulations.

I'm in.

voices can be grouped into 12 different groups, allowing one to construct anything from 1 12-voice synth to 12 1-voice synths (and anything in between). groups can respond to different midi channels and can be split into ranges of notes.

That's a really clever/simple way to mutate between poly and multi-timbral.

• @modosc said:
    developer here - thanks for the design comments.

the color scheme is based off of the ega palette to give it some semblance of "vintage" feel. i agree some of the colors could be better selected and it's on my list to do another pass through before the official launch.

w/r/t the red/green color choice - don used red/green to symbolize left/right (this is the scheme used by running lights on a boat) and the same pattern is in use on the 259e. hopefully i can find a better pairing of green/red that are easier for color blind folks.

Thanks for visiting. Any sense of the timeframe for the software?

• @modosc said:
    developer here - thanks for the design comments.

Is this going to be AU? I surely hope so, because non AU on ios nowadays is almost like standalone only(no vst or au) on desktop

• How will the get the LSD into the app?
    And after that, how do we get it out?

• edited May 2019

@jolico said:
    How will the get the LSD into the app?

I heard it will accumulate on headphone port and speaker grills if you play it enough. You can then just lick or scrape it off. Devices with no headphone out will produce less lsd

• @ToMess said:

@jolico said:

I heard it will accumulate on headphone port and speaker grills if you play it enough. You can then just lick or scrape it off. Devices with no headphone out will produce less lsd

@EyeOhEss said:

@jolico said:

LSDongle.

Wireless charging technology should give it the ability to increase the dosage of the contact high, but remember to stick to Apple products so that you don’t get a bad trip.