Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 Released

Comments

• @Johnba said:
    Oh thank you so much supadom,
    I reuploaded the OG presets of the akai mpk mini via the Editor
    and it all worked back again like a charm!

Aaaaaaah!

(Sigh relieved of the immature and shameless Ol’ appaholic who chose hiding his lazyness throughout a bombard of alarmed posts on social media )

The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month. (Fyodor Dostoevsky) :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month. (Fyodor Dostoevsky) :)

Oh yes, Fyodor is the man.
    Fyodor seen it all... way before us!
    Had he lived the glorious and legendary days of Audiobus,
    He would have purchased a copy of Electrify NXT every month!
    Praisin’ through brilliant essays the absurd of our condition,
    hoping for the impossible until the final update.

• Just bought the PC vst... 138euros.. Now can use it in Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase & Reason... CPU friendly... So now on iPad & PC... YAY!....

• @studs1966 said:
    Just bought the PC vst... 138euros.. Now can use it in Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase & Reason... CPU friendly... So now on iPad & PC... YAY!....

Show off :) Do come back in a month and let us know your feeling about the value proposition etc...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@studs1966 said:
    Just bought the PC vst... 138euros.. Now can use it in Ableton, FL Studio, Cubase & Reason... CPU friendly... So now on iPad & PC... YAY!....

Show off :) Do come back in a month and let us know your feeling about the value proposition etc...

I’ll shall Sir.. When they’ve released all plugins from it... A couple are not on the list, but will be (So Korg have said... Only a couple are off it)...
    But I have to say.. It’s very low on CPU... Plus it’s nice to see on a 32 tv screen..

• @db909 said:
    I mean @davis_korgrd this velocity editing interface is laggier than a dial up internet connection.

I think we were originally trying to capture that youthful nostalgia of using a 56k modem to help encourage you to really savor each note while creating.

• Jokes aside, we just discussed the issue and everyone agreed that it isn't very much fun to edit velocity. We're thinking about how we want to deal with it

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Jokes aside, we just discussed the issue and everyone agreed that it isn't very much fun to edit velocity. We're thinking about how we want to deal with it

While discussing changing the GUI so that editing notes becomes fun again?

• @davis_korgrd said:
    Jokes aside, we just discussed the issue and everyone agreed that it isn't very much fun to edit velocity. We're thinking about how we want to deal with it

The biggest improvement that could be made in Gadget IMO is for every key and drum pad to have velocity mapped to the Y axis, and for all the keys to be expandable like they are in Madrid. That way we could easily get more expressive playing from the touch keyboards and drum pads. I would really love to see something like this implemented.

• @richardyot said:

@davis_korgrd said:

The biggest improvement that could be made in Gadget IMO is for every key and drum pad to have velocity mapped to the Y axis, and for all the keys to be expandable like they are in Madrid. That way we could easily get more expressive playing from the touch keyboards and drum pads. I would really love to see something like this implemented.

A BIG +1 one on that and it puzzles me honestly why there still is no way to set the default velocity for newly drawn events or those played with on-screen keyboard with 'Madrid' being the exception with Y-Axis velocity when expanded...

• R_2R_2
    edited April 2019

@richardyot said:

@davis_korgrd said:

+1

I don’t enjoy ‘editing’ velocities and prefer to use the keys/pads (Y axis).
    Same for standalone iM1, iWavestation, etc. People are missing out on a lot of timbre differences, unless a keyboard is hooked up.

• A few features I'd love to see in Gadget are proper step recording and also an option to snapshot all automate-able parameters to the current step. This would make extreme parameter automation (ie. manually tweak all the parameters and then snapshot them to the current step) easier.

Also the parameter/automation editor needs numerical feedback of the values that are being edited...

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@davis_korgrd said:

While discussing changing the GUI so that editing notes becomes fun again?

+1 @davis_korgrd That would be awesome. Currently the grid lines are almost invisible and the uneven background brightness makes editing notes even more difficult.
    I had to go back to Gadget v3.7.2 just for this reason.
    Thank you for taking care & greetings to your development team.

• A little (actually big) problem since the release of G2 for me has been a flaw in the rendering process, concerning the bass lines (of Memphis and Montpellier, in my case). In my last two projects I used those for basslines with some distinct midrange and higher range frequencies, to cut through the mix. The rendering upload to GadgetCloud, but also the export to Audioshare, results in a very muffled bass sound, with the synths mid and higher range frequencies just cut off. The rendered track just doesn't sound like inside the Gadget app...but more like this:

Has anyone experienced the same kind of problem? Solutions?

• @LeonKowalski said:
    A little (actually big) problem since the release of G2 for me has been a flaw in the rendering process, concerning the bass lines (of Memphis and Montpellier, in my case). In my last two projects I used those for basslines with some distinct midrange and higher range frequencies, to cut through the mix. The rendering upload to GadgetCloud, but also the export to Audioshare, results in a very muffled bass sound, with the synths mid and higher range frequencies just cut off. The rendered track just doesn't sound like inside the Gadget app...but more like this:

Without knowing how it's supposed to sound I can't really hear the problem. Could you load Gadget into AudioBus or AUM and record the output to AudioShare like that, so there's a way to compare the difference in sound?

• @branis said:
    Without knowing how it's supposed to sound I can't really hear the problem. Could you load Gadget into AudioBus or AUM and record the output to AudioShare like that, so there's a way to compare the difference in sound?

Yes, you are absolutely right. Bad mental processing by my part. How should anyone spot the difference...
    I might give your idea to directly record it into Audioshare a try and see about the results. All I can say for now that these (Pompei) bass notes should have some sharp cutting frequencies in the mid range, which are gone in the rendering process...

• @LeonKowalski said:
    A little (actually big) problem since the release of G2 for me has been a flaw in the rendering process, concerning the bass lines (of Memphis and Montpellier, in my case). In my last two projects I used those for basslines with some distinct midrange and higher range frequencies, to cut through the mix. The rendering upload to GadgetCloud, but also the export to Audioshare, results in a very muffled bass sound, with the synths mid and higher range frequencies just cut off. The rendered track just doesn't sound like inside the Gadget app...but more like this:

It might be because of limiting, the bass could be going over the threshold and activating the limiter and so that could be why the character of the sound is being changed. Have you tried bringing all the faders down and exporting a quieter mix?

• @richardyot said:
    It might be because of limiting, the bass could be going over the threshold and activating the limiter and so that could be why the character of the sound is being changed. Have you tried bringing all the faders down and exporting a quieter mix?

Oh, that's a very interesting suggesstion, I'll definitely try that and give some feedback. Could well be because I often tend to keep all the faders at zero and just adjust the volume inside the instrument. Bad mixing habit, probably...

• edited April 2019

@LeonKowalski said:

@richardyot said:

Oh, that's a very interesting suggesstion, I'll definitely try that and give some feedback. Could well be because I often tend to keep all the faders at zero and just adjust the volume inside the instrument. Bad mixing habit, probably...

Keep the good habit and start with faders at zero!
    Just make sure the volumes of the individual instruments never add up to 0dB on the master channel.

• edited April 2019

@richardyot said:

Tried it, it worked quite nicely. The overall mix sounds better too, as you might be able to hear if the sc link is updated (which seems the case). Thanks a lot for your advice!

• @rs2000 said:
    Keep the good habit and start with faders at zero!
    Just make sure the volumes of the individual instruments never add up to 0dB on the master channel.

Thanks a lot. Well, #richardyots tip was quite useful, but I'll keep your advice in mind and keep an eye on it in my next projects!

• @davis_korgrd said:

Don’t forget there’s an accelerometer, gyro, compass in there. And thermometer/barometer if you really want to get strange.

• @Samu said:

@richardyot said:

@davis_korgrd said:

A BIG +1 one on that and it puzzles me honestly why there still is no way to set the default velocity for newly drawn events or those played with on-screen keyboard with 'Madrid' being the exception with Y-Axis velocity when expanded...

AMEN

• @LeonKowalski said:

@richardyot said:

Tried it, it worked quite nicely. The overall mix sounds better too, as you might be able to hear if the sc link is updated (which seems the case). Thanks a lot for your advice!

Glad it helped :)

• @u0421793 said:

@davis_korgrd said:

Don’t forget there’s an accelerometer, gyro, compass in there. And thermometer/barometer if you really want to get strange.

:p

• vague idea for AU MIDI thermometer app redacted

• @iamspoon said:
    vague idea for AU MIDI thermometer app redacted

:D
    Although when @brambos releases Mozaic, setting the values of the sixteen thermometer (i.e. knob) values to show 16 MIDI CC graphically should be possible :)

• Good use of Sensel Morph with Gadget 2.

• @davis_korgrd how bout we put add new scene and duplicate scene buttons on the transport bar so we can do all that from anywhere in the app. That would be a real workflow booster

• Don't know if anyone else has answered this, but is there a way to transpose by octave in the piano roll? I see on Mac that there's a keyboard shortcut for it, but it seems keyboard shortcuts aren't supported on iOS.