Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STARK Amp Simulator by Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• Well, will you look at that... :smile:

• While we’re sat here waiting for ToneStack or Bias FX to go AUv3, Klevgränd sneak in and steal the pie! Amazing.

• First test...

• Haven’t read the manual thru yet (get an error 404) but can’t seem to find a way to tempo sync the delay!?

• edited April 2019

Is there some sort of reamp integrated also? Or is this the new design concept of Klevgr? Excited to hear some examples soon (not only with guitar :))

AppStore States this Plugin needs a lot of cpu and ram. How consuming is it?

• Wow, this is much more than I expected in this thing. Time to download and give it the run through

• Weird name for this one though

• @oat_phipps said:
    Weird name for this one though

It may not be a tribute to this place but this is now my favourite website homepage and tag line! “When you’re ready to play...” 😎

https://www.starkguitars.com/

• edited April 2019

Sounds fantastic. Not being a guitar player, I wish it had more presets. I can fumble around, and get the tone I’m looking for, but sometimes it helps to have a shortcut.

Tonestack presets are awesome, and Tonebridge also offers quick possibilities.

UPDATE: Thry’re in the lower right hand corner!

• edited April 2019

After a quick runthrough, it has some nice things. I will wait to fully judge it til I've given it some more time. I can say that it is quality enough for you cheapos to feel safe about buying it at the intro price so you don't have to complain to us two weeks later.

The booster is really nice, the chorus sucks. The strat preset is very pleasing and classic. The overall sound gives me hesitation because I haven't played enough to dial in what I truly want. Plus I'm a little distraught that my neck pickup selector is having problems at the moment. But I suspect this will be a good enough substitute for ToneStack for me given the ease of use and setup.

It's not an initial super-victory like the last few Klevgrands have been, but that's probably just because I will never be able to fully buy in mentally to using a piece of software as a guitar rig.

• Oh I forgot to ask: has anyone figured out the master finger combination to switch out an already selected effect with a new one? I've done it once with some furious swiping and tapping, but can't quite figure it out.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh I forgot to ask: has anyone figured out the master finger combination to switch out an already selected effect with a new one? I've done it once with some furious swiping and tapping, but can't quite figure it out.

Tap the effect name / title.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Oh I forgot to ask: has anyone figured out the master finger combination to switch out an already selected effect with a new one? I've done it once with some furious swiping and tapping, but can't quite figure it out.

Tap on the effect name and select empty or a new one.

• The plugin also provides all relevant AU parameters, even for the 4 FX slots.
    As expected, you can‘t change the base parameters of the amp smulation, but everything else seems to be there.

• @sundhage I love it! Such cool design as well.

It would also be great if we could have the option to turn the amp sim and cab off and just use the FX.

Thx!

• I was looking for a companion for Geoshred and I think both fit well together.

• I wonder if the name is some kind of reference to Iron Man (Tony Stark)?

Perhaps they recreated the classic Black Sabbath track when testing it and named it in homage :)

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Sounds fantastic. Not being a guitar player, I wish it had more presets. I can fumble around, and get the tone I’m looking for, but sometimes it helps to have a shortcut.

Does it not have many presets? On the website it says it has “plenty of presets”

• @SealTeamSick said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Does it not have many presets? On the website it says it has “plenty of presets”

About 50 presets for guitar, 30 for keys and 30 for bass...I think it is not too bad !

• Well managed a FugueMachine to drive 2 GeoShreds with Stark used as a effect on both inside AUM hitting about 40% cpu on iPad Pro 9.7 2016. Latest iOS.

• @oat_phipps said:

"Stark" is Swedish for "strong"...

• I'd love to hear it @Jumpercollins :smile:

Is this the first AU amp modeler? Guitars, amps, pedals, and guitar accessories are the cash cows in US music retail. Synths, drum machines, and software sells are a miniscule fraction of that. I hope guitarist know about this, would be great for iOS music. I think.

• This is awesome with the Volca Bass or just about any synth app too so it's definitely NOT limited to Guitars nice!
    (Just wish that they will add tempo-sync to the delay and other time-based modules).

• I like it a lot for guitar. I’ve finally gotten past the point where I care about emulating some particular amp/cab/mic combo from 40 years ago, and just want a few good basic tones. I find it really easy to dial in something with Stark.

I agree a tempo sync would be nice for the delay. An amp bypass switch would be good too. The Boost sounds horrible against the clean amps, but really, really good with the drive models. The rest of the FX sound pretty good to me, though I haven’t spent much time with them.

ToneStack has been my go-to for a long time now. But this does sound really good, and the convenience of AU is making it harder and harder for me to reach for those IAA apps. I think I’m gonna use this a lot. I don’t know if I’d pay full price for it given that I have just about every amp sim out there already, but at $9.99 I’m totally happy.

• edited April 2019

Wow this is really cool. I got it.... @oat_phipps no complaining on my side. Introsale... check ;)

Here is a little jam I made with enso and stark.

What i dont like is the preset management. It looks like it has always 4 parts. You can have a preset for the amp, for the pedals, for the ambience it this is a bit confusing.

• I love the modular / pedal board au design of this a lot... Cool job on your gui, it makes you want to use it.
    I don't have it yet but curious if this is like a Re amp / kleverb lite ... But with the ability to add more effects to the chain...
    Also he could always drop iap with moor pedals!!

• @lasselu said:

@oat_phipps said:

"Stark" is Swedish for "strong"...

Was thinking of IRON MAN Tony “STARK”😎

• @gusgranite said:
    While we’re sat here waiting for ToneStack or Bias FX to go AUv3, Klevgränd sneak in and steal the pie! Amazing.

Yes they did. I hope it is not soo demanding as Bias FX is!