Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 upgrade coupon code problem

edited March 2019 in Other

I purchased the original Korg Gadget for Mac a couple of years ago and recently I was sent an email telling me about Korg Gadget 2 for Mac and a link to get the coupon code. However, I am unable to sign in to obtain the coupon code and when I send to request a new password I get no reply from Korg.

Are any other members having problems login into the Korg site to obtain the coupon code. This is so frustrating as promotion expires tomorrow 31 March 2019. Please advise.

Comments

• It’s ok, I managed to login. The problem was that I was trying to login at the old Korg Users site but I managed to login at the Korg Shop and got my coupon code. However it’s only reduced the price from $149 to $99 :( This update should be free for existing Korg Gadget for Mac user but it isn’t which is a bit of a rip off. I am disappointed with Korg over this.

• I’m not disappointed. I’m simply never going to use it again.

• I’m a bit disappointed as well. I don’t know if it should be free but the $99 upgrade price just didn’t provide enough additional value for me.

• @robertreynolds said:
    I’m a bit disappointed as well. I don’t know if it should be free but the $99 upgrade price just didn’t provide enough additional value for me.

I’m in the same boat. At $49, I would have purchased instantly. But not $99.

I’m going to assume that they will extend this sale past March 31, as they always extend their sales. If not, I’ll wait an possibly purchase the upgrade at the next sale. I’m hoping that KORG will see such a low uptake from existing owners that they will consider a lower price point the next time.

I emailed them and asked for a courtesy/“good guy” $49 upgrade price, as I’ve owned several KORG hardware synths along with nearly every iOS app, but their stock customer service response was “Sorry, but no”.

• edited March 2019

Yeah, $50 seems more reasonable for the upgrades and new gadgets, and I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way even knowing what we know about the next two Gadgets to come.

• @Seangarland said:

I emailed them and asked for a courtesy/“good guy” $49 upgrade price, as I’ve owned several KORG hardware synths along with nearly every iOS app, but their stock customer service response was “Sorry, but no”.

I have a friend who is amazing at pulling these types of things off (haggling and talking normal customer service reps into deals like this). It's beyond me, but I've seen him do it more than a few times. It's a finesse art where you tow the line between being forceful and being an asshole. Not my cup of tea, but I'm shocked at how well it works.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

My mother in law is also highly skilled at that. Her strategy is easy to figure out though. She just talks so much that they get exhausted and eventually will do anything to shut her up. Very effective.

• @oat_phipps said:

@Seangarland said:

I have a friend who is amazing at pulling these types of things off (haggling and talking normal customer service reps into deals like this). It's beyond me, but I've seen him do it more than a few times. It's a finesse art where you tow the line between being forceful and being an asshole. Not my cup of tea, but I'm shocked at how well it works.

I heard about this “good guy discount” idea on an episode of This American Life a few years ago. It’s not something that I abuse, but the old nugget of “you don’t get what you don’t ask for” is true. My request to them was very polite, laying out my previous list of purchases, and showing some brand loyalty. I am fine that they didn’t extend the lower offer. But, mathematically speaking $49 is more than $0 that I’ll be giving them.

• You could fry an egg on my mac after ten minutes using Gadget. I just use the plugins in logic now if I want gadget sounds, never been happy with the app performance. Wish they would just sell the Gadget plugins separately

• they do sell them seperately. 149$

• i too find 99$ for an upgrade to high just to be „on par“ with the iPad Version. Where is the additional value?
    49$ i‘m in!
    For now i‘ll stick with Gadget 1... from now on i will only use the Gadget Plugins in Ableton. My Gadget 2 Projects from the iPad are not compatible anymore with Gadget 1 on Mac. Too bad. That‘s indeed no ideal Customer Support...

• @jenkweb said:
    You could fry an egg on my mac after ten minutes using Gadget.

Apparently they ported that over from the iOS version :(

• @jenkweb said:

You still can fry an egg on your Mac while using Gadget 1. Does anybody know if Gadget 2 for Mac solves this issue?

• @Davidesolo said:

@jenkweb said:

You still can fry an egg on your Mac while using Gadget 1. Does anybody know if Gadget 2 for Mac solves this issue?

No. Like most people I'm not paying $99 to upgrade even though the $99 still available even now. I don't know if I would pay $49 honestly. Still use gadget 2 IOS to write ideas. I use the gadget plugins like Chicago and Montpellier sometimes in pro tools when I go to really track the song so I'm pretty set with gadget 1 Mac for now. Come on Korg you have gotten more $ out of me than I don't know what. Hook us up. :)

(Sorry to be that person)

• I'd probably pay £20 to go from Gadget 1 macOS to Gadget 2 macOS if it were a time-limited offer. Anything higher and I simply wouldn’t get out of bed for it, I’d leave it until never, much like the current going price.

• edited February 2020

@maxwellhouser said:

@Davidesolo said:

@jenkweb said:

No. Like most people I'm not paying $99 to upgrade even though the $99 still available even now. I don't know if I would pay $49 honestly. Still use gadget 2 IOS to write ideas. I use the gadget plugins like Chicago and Montpellier sometimes in pro tools when I go to really track the song so I'm pretty set with gadget 1 Mac for now. Come on Korg you have gotten more $ out of me than I don't know what. Hook us up. :)

When Korg Gadget for Mac 2 came out, I was directly willing to pay $50 for the upgrade, even while I had purchased Kog Gadget 1 for Mac only 6 months before. I contacted Korg, but they told me that in my case, the cost for the upgrade was $99, because I purchased version 1 already 6 months ago. And: "Thanks for your understanding" (Even though I didn´t understand a thing).

It was not gonna happen. Didn´t like the "fry an egg on your Mac" behavior anyway.

(Also sorry to be that person)

• @Davidesolo said:

@maxwellhouser said:

@Davidesolo said:

@jenkweb said:

When Korg Gadget for Mac 2 came out, I was directly willing to pay $50 for the upgrade, even while I had purchased Kog Gadget 1 for Mac only 6 months before. I contacted Korg, but they told me that in my case, the cost for the upgrade was $99, because I purchased version 1 already 6 months ago. And: "Thanks for your understanding" (Even though I didn´t understand a thing).

It was not gonna happen. Didn´t like the "fry an egg on your Mac" behavior anyway.

(Also sorry to be that person)

LOL I have been wanting the Warzsawa as a Pro Tools plugin lately but I still haven't given in!!!

• They finally got me for the $99 plus tax for upgrade. Needed Memphis, Pompeii & Warszawa as Mac plugins. Ugh.

Moving a bunch of sessions via "export to Ableton project" has been pretty nice though.

I've used a bunch of samples from my collection in many Bilbaos but at least it keeps all the settings, just had to re-link all the samples one by one.

• @maxwellhouser said:
    I've used a bunch of samples from my collection in many Bilbaos but at least it keeps all the settings, just had to re-link all the samples one by one.

Don’t have Gadget for Mac myself, but have noticed I stick to the factory samples for compatibility reasons (iPad<>iPhone) :) even though it should work with iCloud. That’s for percussion, specific samples are another story.

Do you have any of your music created with Gadget online?

• I don't even have Gadget for Mac installed, just the plugins. I bought in before they offered the plugins by themselves as a separate purchase.

I'm learning the hard way about the samples now but actually it's less work than I thought to port everything onto my mac, worth it I think to work with whatever percussion samples I like. I put a bunch of drum samples in my iCloud for this purpose a while ago.

Gadget has kept me productive when traveling and during constant relocations over the past 5 years for my wife and I. However I never got any of the tunes onto my rig to mix. We're stable now so I'm working on getting all of my Gadget tunes mixed, I'll post a link in the future when I get some online. Thanks for asking!

@R_2 said:

@maxwellhouser said:

Don’t have Gadget for Mac myself, but have noticed I stick to the factory samples for compatibility reasons (iPad<>iPhone) :) even though it should work with iCloud. That’s for percussion, specific samples are another story.

Do you have any of your music created with Gadget online?