Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dreadbox: Abyss (anyone use?)

Tell me about your experience please.

Quiet synth as far as buzz goes.

Seems super unique and offering a poly with that "digitone" creepy sound vibe that weirdos like me love.

Let's talk.

Comments

• I have an abyss since one year ago and its one of my fave synths. I’ve had all the old poly classics, including jupiter8, Elka Synthex, Oberheims like Matrix-12, OBX, Four voice, memorymoog.... and the abyss is one of the funniest and best sounding (for the kind of sound I’m after) I ever had

• @Synthi said:
    I have an abyss since one year ago and its one of my fave synths. I’ve had all the old poly classics, including jupiter8, Elka Synthex, Oberheims like Matrix-12, OBX, Four voice, memorymoog.... and the abyss is one of the funniest and best sounding (for the kind of sound I’m after) I ever had

It seems like the best priced unique sound poly available to me! LOL

Only 5 pin in right?

Does it have any other in/outs/thru?

It has a Twin Peaks or Bauhaus sound to my ears.

Quirky as always with Dreadbox intervals but for the money in my research seems like if you dig that sound it is a great buy.

It converts everything to CV internally right?

• Dreadbox seems to have stopped making it for the moment.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    Dreadbox seems to have stopped making it for the moment.

Yep
    Just emailed my Sweetwater guy to order one and was told that.

Gonna go with some thing else.

Geez

No other Poly out like Abyss.

• @Synthi said:
    I have an abyss since one year ago and its one of my fave synths. I’ve had all the old poly classics, including jupiter8, Elka Synthex, Oberheims like Matrix-12, OBX, Four voice, memorymoog.... and the abyss is one of the funniest and best sounding (for the kind of sound I’m after) I ever had

Uhh, I see you've used the past tense, but any chance you have any of those still and want to sell?

• @oat_phipps said:

@Synthi said:

Uhh, I see you've used the past tense, but any chance you have any of those still and want to sell?

LOVE IT~

• @RUST( i )K said:

@oat_phipps said:

@Synthi said:

LOVE IT~

Had to. Am watching the video on the Abyss though, and it's tempting. That VCA drive is nice.

• @oat_phipps said:

I sold all my polysynths in 2011 whe I moved to the Argentinian Patagonia forest. Now the hardware polysynths I own are a Roland system-8 (great synth with really nice 106 and Jp-8 emulations) and the Abyss. I also use U-he Diva, Repro (wonderfull, love it as much as I used to my real Prophet5, and... Zeeon!!

• @RUST( i )K
    eBay or Reverb?

• @kinkujin said:
    @RUST( i )K
    eBay or Reverb?

US
    ;-)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    Dreadbox seems to have stopped making it for the moment.

Yep
    Just emailed my Sweetwater guy to order one and was told that.

Gonna go with some thing else.

Geez

No other Poly out like Abyss.

The person who told me that read about on a blog or other official social media - something about Dreadbox being too busy working on Erebus units to make Abyss ones. I'm sure they're spending time on the new Hypnosis and Komorebi FX pedals too.