Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mazetools Soniface 2

Just updated, with Ableton Link and other improvements, will be checking this out later. Definitely an under rated app this, and Ableton link will make this even better.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mazetools-soniface/id1232018647#?platform=ipad

Comments

• @Carnbot its all tooooo Arty for my vision.

• Yes it's decidedly different :) But I find it great for creating interesting rhythmic beats and textures with the sampler.

• I see there is a lite free version to try.

• I can't find Ableton Link yet though, they've hidden it well...

• @Carnbot said:
    I can't find Ableton Link yet though, they've hidden it well...

You’re not kidding.
    I can’t find it, either.

• Still waiting for the long promised AUM & AB compatibility features!

• Nice update and great to see the development of this app.

• Has anyone found Link yet? I think it might have been left off by mistake...

• Really glad to see this app still being developed but I can’t understand why they don’t add any sort of connectivity. No way to loop or chain FX etc. It seems so limiting and will put so many people off. I wonder if it is on the development roadmap or if they are sticking to the closed box. Will ask again.

• They had connectivity almost working at one point, then pulled it.

I think this may be one of those apps that should be closed and it’s own thing. You can record and export out, so that’s good enough for me.

But, they’ve changed so many things in this new version that I’m now completely lost. I’ll have to watch their tutorials again. Not the most intuitive overall.

Still, I’m very glad this update came out. Such a unique audio/visual performance lab. I was afraid it’d been abandoned.

• Amazing app that has gone straight back into the amazing app for that day you can't imagine box. Which is I sense entirely my own loss...

• I don’t think it’s working with Bluetooth headphones is it?

• Ok, so I'm not going crazy, Link is missing from this version. they roll out all versions at once so I guess why things can get difficult. I have the desktop version as well and just updated that. Link is there but not working so looks like they'll need to do some more work on things, hopefully not too much :)

Desktop version is more advanced than ipad and has 3 screen out visuals which is pretty nice.

• No link...no IAA...no AB...no AU...personally I am using this app to generate background picture...but not for music...

• @Carnbot said:
    Ok, so I'm not going crazy, Link is missing from this version. they roll out all versions at once so I guess why things can get difficult. I have the desktop version as well and just updated that. Link is there but not working so looks like they'll need to do some more work on things, hopefully not too much :)

Desktop version is more advanced than ipad and has 3 screen out visuals which is pretty nice.

I think 2 or 3 versions ago... of the desktop version, I was getting near catastrophic crashes. I’ve been scared to launch it ever since. Figured I’d wait for the product to mature a bit more. Is the desktop pretty stable now? And what do you mean by 3 screen out visuals?

• edited March 2019

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:
    Ok, so I'm not going crazy, Link is missing from this version. they roll out all versions at once so I guess why things can get difficult. I have the desktop version as well and just updated that. Link is there but not working so looks like they'll need to do some more work on things, hopefully not too much :)

I think 2 or 3 versions ago... of the desktop version, I was getting near catastrophic crashes. I’ve been scared to launch it ever since. Figured I’d wait for the product to mature a bit more. Is the desktop pretty stable now? And what do you mean by 3 screen out visuals?

It means you can send 3 different visuals to 3 external displays, really nice :)
    Seems stable for me on Win10.

• edited March 2019

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

It means you can send 3 different visuals to 3 external displays, really nice :)
    Seems stable for me on Win10.

Played with the iPad version a bit more last night and this morning. They’ve really advanced the complexity of the sound and graphics to a whole new level.

It’s not as hard to get back into as I thought. I think they just dropped the ball on their attempt at a “walk through” though. They really need to do a fresh demo tutorial video for the new stuff.

• Tried this out at lunchtime. Nope, no idea what I’m doing!

• @gusgranite said:
    I don’t think it’s working with Bluetooth headphones is it?

It doesn’t seem to be working with any headphones, not even wired ones. I can’t use any headphones with this app, neither on my iPads nor iPhone. What gives!?

Is there anyone out there that owns this app that is able of outputting to headphones? It worked fine with version 1, but not only do they have removed all connectivity, it looks like they even removed headphones output as well. And the silly thing is that they recommend the use of headphones, go figure... Did thry even test this on iOS at all or is it just a straight port from the PC version. I am seriously lost since the 2.0 update.

• @Dutchee said:

@gusgranite said:
    I don’t think it’s working with Bluetooth headphones is it?

It doesn’t seem to be working with any headphones, not even wired ones. I can’t use any headphones with this app, neither on my iPads nor iPhone. What gives!?

Is there anyone out there that owns this app that is able of outputting to headphones? It worked fine with version 1, but not only do they have removed all connectivity, it looks like they even removed headphones output as well. And the silly thing is that they recommend the use of headphones, go figure... Did thry even test this on iOS at all or is it just a straight port from the PC version. I am seriously lost since the 2.0 update.

Confirmed not working with headphones.

• Working but buggy, try removing headphones and then replacing them, this fixed it here.

• @Carnbot said:
    Working but buggy, try removing headphones and then replacing them, this fixed it here.

Same here.

• @Carnbot said:
    Working but buggy, try removing headphones and then replacing them, this fixed it here.

Ah cool yes, a bit glitchy but that works. Thanks! Being able to use headphones or external speakers just makes a world of difference. I almost gave up on this app. It is still pretty confusing and hard to see things on screen, but i guess you really need to give it a lot of time to explore this app. Definitely not for the faint of heart... it almost lost me too hahah. Thanks again for the tip!

• the new update is quite cool:)

2.51Jan 22, 2020

Granulizer - Added a new granular synth to the soundscape sampler.

Loop Recording - Each parameter can be automatized by recording the movement.

Element identifiers - Semantic auto-naming of the sound elements

Touch-Input - Multitouch enabled Maze-Editor

In-App-Help - Improved content for module information

Small Bugs fixed - Touch-Control & Sound Recording

• It’s on sale

Down from $15.99 to $8.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1232018647

• edited February 2020

This is one that would really benefit from an indepth tutorial series! It's potentially very cool indeed but is pretty impenetrable (to me, anyway). Are there any good vids available?

• The dev made some video something like 4/5 months ago. You’ll find them on YouTube.

• I've tried the lite version.

I sat there for a full five minutes adding stuff and removing stuff.
    No sound.
    Removed my external audio interface.
    Sound on speakers.
    Plugged back in external audio interface.
    No sound.

Loving the visuals though.

• @Gravitas said:
    I've tried the lite version.

I sat there for a full five minutes adding stuff and removing stuff.
    No sound.
    Removed my external audio interface.
    Sound on speakers.
    Plugged back in external audio interface.
    No sound.

Loving the visuals though.

Me too.

Since the app is actually on sale I’ve tried the lite version but I can not play more then a single sound😂