Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy HD: Turn off built in mic?

edited December 2012 in Support and Feedback

Hello! I know this is the Audiobus forum, but since Loopy is such a big part of that I thought this would be an appropriate place to ask. Subject says it all. I was playing with Loopy with headphones on for the first time last night and noticed the iPad mic was active. The only way I could get it to shut off was to put an app into the input slot of Audiobus. I'd like to be able to run Loopy by itself with the mic turned off. I attempted to research this topic, but the answers I found don't seem to exist in the latest version. Like this, for example: http://forum.loopyapp.com/discussion/332/cant-turn-off-ipad-microphone/p1 I did not see "playthrough" mentioned under settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ps- I LOVE AUDIOBUS!

Comments

• You can disable live/mic input, that would work as well.

• Thanks for the response (and for Audiobus!), Sebastian. Do you mean disable it within the iPad settings? Never even thought of that.

• I got it. You need to turn off headphone monitoring. I've demonstrated this in this video (for another reason) at 1 minute and 50 seconds.

• Cool vid!! How did I miss that one? I'll give that a try when I get home. Can't bring my iPad to work... I wouldn't get anything done if I did!

• Imagine us... we HAVE to have iPads at work.

• When you hook a mic to the ipad and then want to record it to loopy via audio bus , why does the internal mic not shut off in loopy? I have tried all the above with no solution.

• @Wasabee said:
    When you hook a mic to the ipad and then want to record it to loopy via audio bus , why does the internal mic not shut off in loopy? I have tried all the above with no solution.

Very good question. I just bough Loopy and cant find the answer to that question. Thanks for your help.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Wasabee said:
    When you hook a mic to the ipad and then want to record it to loopy via audio bus , why does the internal mic not shut off in loopy? I have tried all the above with no solution.

Very good question. I just bough Loopy and cant find the answer to that question. Thanks for your help.

You need to route audio to Loopy using Audiobus if you don’t ant to use the built-in audio input.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Wasabee said:

Well, here is what I do.

OPEN AUDIOBUS
    OPEN LOOPY OUTPUT
    OPEN AUM
    OPEN INPUT OF AUDIOBUS
    SELECT AUM
    IN AUM OUTPUT YOU CAN SEND DIRECT TO LOOPY

• @espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Wasabee said:

You need to route audio to Loopy using Audiobus if you don’t ant to use the built-in audio input.

I route Loopy as the OUTPUT? Can i route Loopy as an EFFECT if I want to use it with Sunrizer and GarageBand?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Wasabee said:

I route Loopy as the OUTPUT? Can i route Loopy as an EFFECT if I want to use it with Sunrizer and GarageBand?

To send audio to Loopy, you set the app you want as a source in Audiobus and route it to Loopy. See the Audiobus Forum wiki for how to do this with AUM as an example.