Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Update

Any word on when this will be released? Dying to use the midi only channels!

Comments

• Would love to be a beta tester, quite excited about start/stop and midi channels.

• Jonatan tends to run long betas - making sure everything is a high quality

• It’s easily my favorite app. I’m really excited to see all the midi implementations.

• Someone will then have to make a MIDI looper AUv3 to insert in these channels. Pleeez, lol.

• This is a really long beta. I’d also love it if he would update his AUFX suite to auv3.

• @Zjenji said:
    This is a really long beta. I’d also love it if he would update his AUFX suite to auv3.

yeah, i keep loading up auxfx:space as my goto reverb

• Aum is my most used app along with audioshare. Looking forward to this update.

• Very excited for this too!

@j_liljedahl A, hopefully, smallish request: would you consider adding a page that shows all assigned MIDI mappings in one place? I have quite complex setups and going back to a track after a few days can be very confusing and tedious to have to go through the entire hierarchical MIDI Control pages to see where everything is mapped. It would also help for making quick adjustments to several assignments without the page diving. I try to keep notes, but things often change quickly and the program already "knows" what's assigned.
    Perhaps a toggle to hide everything that isn't assigned (and then everything could be viewed in one list)?

Another suggestion: a way to minimize or outright hide channels. I typically have lots of channels and several are set-and-forget (e.g. routing a bus to Audiobus). It would be great to minimize or hide them so I can focus on the channels I need to manipulate.

Thanks regardless!

• edited March 2019

@aplourde said:
    would you consider adding a page that shows all assigned MIDI mappings in one place?

I have a 'mobile' setup where I use a LaunchCtl, and a 'studio' setup with APC40, would be sorta cool to be able to swap out midi setups easily, not have them tied to the Session.

Another suggestion: a way to minimize or outright hide channels.

This has been requested a few times / ways, I'd love to see just a couple options, like:

1- tall/wide (legacy - for filling screen w/ mixer, using fingers)
    2- tall/skinny (channels are tall but narrow, for using stylus or midi controller / see more channels at once)
    3- short/wide (like when using AUM's Keyboard, could be helpful if using portion of screen for AU window)
    4- short/skinny (like 2 but also more room for AU windows.)

Anything more modular or savable and custom will be appreciated!

I can see how screen real estate is a constant battle for Dev's... I think for live use, one slick way to do it might be to have some buttons under the VU meter that take you to some configurable AU window setups, that would be slick, like layout presets... So you group say a synths AU window with its Midi Source AU window, one that is a few AU effect windows, this sort of thing....

I notice occasional dsp spikes / audible clicks when opening / closing AU windows, is there a way put the ui stuff at a lower priority on the scheduler than audio?

Thanks regardless!

Agreed, thanks, and looking forward as well

• Are we there yet??

• Just saying.. Imagine... (even Audiobus). Capture and save all ... well

• @RajahP said:
    Just saying.. Imagine... (even Audiobus). Capture and save all ... well

I’m right there with you! AUM could be the ultimate!

• edited March 2019

@Zjenji said:

@RajahP said:

Got it on Maschine (Lock).. seems one needs a PHD to work it.. Would be nice on here..

• @RajahP said:

I just posted a question and such functionality would really help a lot. If you could switch between various snapshots with MIDI, that would open unimaginable possibilities. Not to mention morphing between snapshots which is a beast on its own...

• edited March 2019

@skrat said:

@RajahP said:

I just posted a question and such functionality would really help a lot. If you could switch between various snapshots with MIDI, that would open unimaginable possibilities. Not to mention morphing between snapshots which is a beast on its own...

Yes, I saw it and was just about to post this on your thread...

And with thoses new and coming Auv3 midi recorders and AUM Audio Recorder... it would be amazing..
    Edit... Even capture effects settings..

• edited March 2019

@Zjenji said:

@RajahP said:

Yep, in either AUM or Audiobus this would be so hot. 👌

Via MIDI and something like audiobus remote.

• Wasn’t that discontinued 5 years ago?

Is liine still even in business?

• MIDI Designer Pro will make snapshots. They call it “global presets.”

I have not used it too much, but you just have to set up all your MIDI parameters through MIDI Designer Pro and then send thru to AUM. ...not sure if you can morph between or if it only loads instantly.

• @RajahP said:

@Zjenji said:

@RajahP said:

Got it on Maschine (Lock).. seems one needs a PHD to work it.. Would be nice on here..

Retracted the PHD comment.. What one need is a MK3 Maschine.. There seem to have a dedicated Lock Mode Button on these units (Mikro too) making lock state much easier to operate..

Probably would grab the Mikro.. Now if only we can get an iMaschine update..

• Is there anyone here that is in on the beta testing?

• edited March 2019

I’m really curious about the midi channels.

• @j_liljedahl said:

Link start/stop is in the current beta and will be available in the coming update. AUM does not sync to other IAA hosts. Currently, it's either keep AUM as master clock or use Ableton Link. I'm hoping to add MIDI clock slaving in the future.

Although midi channels will be great, this sounds like the more useful feature that is forthcoming.

• The upcoming update is going to be awesome. With many many small and not so small features.

• Looking forward to it when it drops :)

• +1000 midi clock slaving!!

• Almost ready To drop?
    Will it be an iap or free?

• edited April 2019

Regarding midi clock... from my experience

• reliable clock is quite expensive, though worth every penny if you’re serious about it
    • Computer generated clocks are bad, PC being the worst, mac, iPad much better, but far from great.
    • Softwares (pc, mac, iPad) are less tolerant when being slaves than hardware.

Since last update AUM provides one of the most stable clock I ever sent to my OT. I hope if/when ext. clock in comes it won’t degrade the stability of AUM.

• everyone's going to love the new AUM when it lands, there's several big workflow improvements I think :)

• @reasOne said:
    Almost ready To drop?
    Will it be an iap or free?

Don't know about release date.
    I doubt it will be paid update (no previous updates were paid from Kymatica)
    But after 3 years of pretty much daily use, the quality of the app, the continued support and plenty of added functionality through updates I would really like to be able to show appreciation (IAP, donation link or whatever).