Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unsplash images for cover art? Cd Baby

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone of you sucessfully used images from Unsplash as cover art for a Cd Baby release. It says the works are free for commercial use but in the end they are not my property. May some of you might want to share their experiences. Appreciate any help.

Comments

• edited March 2019

Goodness...

That does sound... free... thanks for the heads up!

“License

All photos published on Unsplash can be used for free. You can use them for commercial and noncommercial purposes. You do not need to ask permission from or provide credit to the photographer or Unsplash, although it is appreciated when possible.

More precisely, Unsplash grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash. This license does not include the right to compile photos from Unsplash to replicate a similar or competing service.”

• So Guswave...

• edited March 2019

Well so far I posted three and have yet to be swatted so I say have at ‘er!

• @AudioGus said:
    “License ...
    More precisely, Unsplash grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash. ...”

this will restrict your options to build up a brand/signature based on these pictures, but otherwise they're ok to use.

• @Telefunky said:

@AudioGus said:
    “License ...
    More precisely, Unsplash grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash. ...”

this will restrict your options to build up a brand/signature based on these pictures, but otherwise they're ok to use.

I see it as source material just like sample libraries and wouldn’t just plunk it on a cover without making it my own creatively. Same like drum loops etc

• edited March 2019

Just a quick minute in Procreate...

+

• Thanks for the answers so far. Cd Babys guidelines for cover art state "no copyrighted material". To my understanding no matter what how much you change another ones work, the copyright stays with the original creator. So, that´s what I was thinking about.

• @Stefan said:
    Thanks for the answers so far. Cd Babys guidelines for cover art state "no copyrighted material". To my understanding no matter what how much you change another ones work, the copyright stays with the original creator. So, that´s what I was thinking about.

They’re allowing use of their images, but retaining copyright. So you can’t resell or redistribute the images as your own.

It’s a very good resource, but bear in mind thousands of others will be using the same photos, so they’d need editing if you want any kind of unique presence.

• edited March 2019

I also didn't read any fine print. Maybe derivative works of Unsplash stuff isn't cool? Maybe they have to be used relatively unaltered...?

• Ready for CDBaby

• I just wanted to do a quick bump/revive on this thread. I started to post my own new topic here about this website/app called “Unsplash” but figured someone would have beat me to it at some point - sure enough here it is!

If you guys ever find yourselves needing a quick photo for cover art before posting your jams, this is the best site I’ve found. You get to check out independent photographers’ work and all of it can be used royalty free. They give the option to shout out or contact the artist as well to show your appreciation (which is awesome!)

The other thing I love about this site/app which is kind of a small detail in the grand scheme - it doesn’t seem to require you to be fully logged in all the time if you just want to hop on and grab a quick picture. I don’t know about you guys but if I’m trying to post a quick tune, the cover art is the last thing on my mind. I’m not to the point where I’m trying to publish official albums or collections - anything like that so when I when I go to upload something, I am usually just trying to knock it out quickly so I can send a link to someone. This is great for these occasions as you just want to grab a quick something that catches your eye. Love this site!

• How cool that there are forums and you can see creative templates, pictures. On other forums, I was advised applications and pictures in order to be able to take royalty free templates. I found a cool site myself, and I want to share it with you so that you can also choose cool pictures and templates for your blog or creating a magazine.

• edited May 2021

Free for commercial purposes...you could credit thr photographer, but you don’t have to. A wonderful resource showing the generosity of many artists.