Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

nanostudio 2 audio track?

is there a way to record in audio from outside the app?
or record audio from a send track from within nanostudio 2?

Comments

• @eross said:

1) Nope, but dev has confirmed audiobus compatibility is on the way.
    2) Not without mixing down the track you want and then loading that audio onto an instrument on another track.

• ohh ok that would be cool. hopefully that comes soon. i think it is the perfect ios daw aside from not having an audio track. this will be great> @legsmechanical said:

@eross said:

1) Nope, but dev has confirmed audiobus compatibility is on the way.
    2) Not without mixing down the track you want and then loading that audio onto an instrument on another track.

• I am having to remind myself that this is coming so I don't go too far down the 'multi-app labyrinth/rabbit holes' trying to figure out a new workflow. It's coming... it's coming... soon I can live 90% in NS2... soon (I hope)

• hopefully soon > @AudioGus said:

I am having to remind myself that this is coming so I don't go too far down the 'multi-app labyrinth/rabbit holes' trying to figure out a new workflow. It's coming... it's coming... soon I can live 90% in NS2... soon (I hope)

• @eross said:
    hopefully soon > @AudioGus said:

I am having to remind myself that this is coming so I don't go too far down the 'multi-app labyrinth/rabbit holes' trying to figure out a new workflow. It's coming... it's coming... soon I can live 90% in NS2... soon (I hope)

well I can't believe how soon spring got here... (all relative)

• So is that audio track update close to that March target date? I'm gonna guess no

• Audio tracks was never set for March. The iPhone version was to come first.

• @oat_phipps said:
    So is that audio track update close to that March target date? I'm gonna guess no

There never was a March target date. Some time in mid 2019 was expected for iPhone version, followed some (even more vague) time after that for audio tracks.

• @wim said:

@oat_phipps said:
    So is that audio track update close to that March target date? I'm gonna guess no

There never was a March target date. Some time in mid 2019 was expected for iPhone version, followed some (even more vague) time after that for audio tracks.

Did this change? It’s my recollection that iPhone version was slated for spring with audio tracks slated for summer.

• @sch said:

@wim said:

@oat_phipps said:

Did this change? It’s my recollection that iPhone version was slated for spring with audio tracks slated for summer.

That’s not my recollection. But I’m too lazy / don’t care enough to look it up. It’ll be here when it’s solid and not before, and no dates will be firmly promised. Those two things I can pretty much guarantee. But yes, the iPhone version was planned before audio tracks.

• Audio tracks were to be coming around summer time originally based on what was said on the blip forum. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that got delayed a bit because of the other stuff that Matt is adding for his post release update, I believe. My best guess would be: update, iPhone, audio tracks.

• @drez said:
    Audio tracks were to be coming around summer time originally based on what was said on the blip forum. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that got delayed a bit because of the other stuff that Matt is adding for his post release update, I believe. My best guess would be: update, iPhone, audio tracks.

Yah summer was mentioned on the old forum but despite my best efforts with the waybackmachine I have been unable to retrieve this savory evidence. Not saying I am into conspiracy theories etc... just... building 7 / old blip forum... think about it...

• edited March 2019

@AudioGus said:

@drez said:
    Audio tracks were to be coming around summer time originally based on what was said on the blip forum. But I wouldn’t be surprised if that got delayed a bit because of the other stuff that Matt is adding for his post release update, I believe. My best guess would be: update, iPhone, audio tracks.

Yah summer was mentioned on the old forum but despite my best efforts with the waybackmachine I have been unable to retrieve this savory evidence. Not saying I am into conspiracy theories etc... just... building 7 / old blip forum... think about it...

Ha, yeah. That initial here’s NS2 thread is gone, but I read through it a few times so i’m pretty sure that was the target at release time. But with er’body wanting MIDI FX recording, Audiobus support, and AU FX recording, I hope he releases those first before anything else. But if he wanted to do iPhone, that would be cool too IMO. Would be nice for him to get some more revenue. I saw where the beta testers were already testing the MIDI stuff awhile back and it was working so it’s probably just going through the regular rigorous testing process.

• @drez said:

That is right. Update and iPhone version first, with audio tracks in the summer(ish).

Not to take anything away from audiobus’ forum, but if you need help/info or to report a bug, Blip’s forum is incredibly useful.

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/categories

• edited March 2019

Edit: shut up Gus

• Audio tracks target was June as I recall

• all right! audio track for summer......yes please!

• Waiting for IPhone version before I buy it so anytime soon would be a bonus! 😁

• Any word on the next NS2 update? Have absolutely no desire to use this app on iPhone but I would love to record vocals. Where are those audio tracks already?

• edited July 2019

@WillieNegus still "in the factory", nothing to preview right now .. no eta yet .. some milestones were shifted few months - compared to initial plans right after initial release - mostly because of solving AU-related issues which was quite time consuming, and AB implementation...

Still it's second top prito thing after iPhone version (which is also without eta for now, but i would say it is in fairly consistent stage, it needs more like polishing than some serious development). Other things are pretty stable (amongst some minor bugs which will be solved too), so initial milestones (iphone, convolution reverb, audio tracks) are now on top of queue ..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My guess is that we will see the iPhone version this year, but not audio tracks. Audio tracks were originally scheduled for a summer release, and we are still waiting for the iPhone version, so just going by the previous history of the app audio tracks will not be released this year. Hopefully next year though!

• @WillieNegus said:
    Any word on the next NS2 update? Have absolutely no desire to use this app on iPhone but I would love to record vocals. Where are those audio tracks already?

Nothing holds you from recording vocals already inside Slate, for example.
    In the arranger, the "vocal clip" will only contain one MIDI note to trigger your vocal line but apart from the unusual workflow, there's little you cannot do this way.
    Move the clip to re-position the vocal recording, add FX, add volume and other automation...
    Try it!

• Thanks for the update @dendy, also for the tip @rs2000 . Luckily, it’s easy for me to be patient with NS2 and BM3 development process given so many other tools like GB, Stagelight and Cubasis to handle recording tasks until NS2 gets proper audio treatment.

Best things come to those who wait...

• Any news ?
    Are we close yet on audio tracks ?

• I discovered yesterday that you can put Spacecraft in the audio FX slot for any NS2 track and record directly into it. Which is pretty fun. The audio tracks bit doesn't hold me back in NS2 (me personally, can totally understand why it does for others), but the lack of automation for FX does. I ended up buying every in-app purchase in the hope that it would encourage the dev along a bit.

• @drcongo said:
    I discovered yesterday that you can put Spacecraft in the audio FX slot for any NS2 track and record directly into it. Which is pretty fun. The audio tracks bit doesn't hold me back in NS2 (me personally, can totally understand why it does for others), but the lack of automation for FX does. I ended up buying every in-app purchase in the hope that it would encourage the dev along a bit.

Cool tip, thanks!

• I should also thank @MonzoPro at this point for banging on about Spacecraft so often. I've no idea why I didn't just buy it the first time I saw him mention it, it's only a tenner and it's a tenner very well spent. So thanks @MonzoPro

• @drcongo said:
    I should also thank @MonzoPro at this point for banging on about Spacecraft so often. I've no idea why I didn't just buy it the first time I saw him mention it, it's only a tenner and it's a tenner very well spent. So thanks @MonzoPro

Ah, no worries mate - and nice to hear some cash is on it's way to Mark.

Still one of my favourite all time apps - or music software in general. Funnily enough I was just about to spice up a song I made earlier with some Spacecraft goodness :)

• edited May 2020

@drcongo said:
    I discovered yesterday that you can put Spacecraft in the audio FX slot for any NS2 track and record directly into it. Which is pretty fun. The audio tracks bit doesn't hold me back in NS2 (me personally, can totally understand why it does for others), but the lack of automation for FX does. I ended up buying every in-app purchase in the hope that it would encourage the dev along a bit.

It isnt just Automation on AU FX, again the developer stiffled his brilliance (Automation Items) by only allowing automation of the 8 macro dials in said items, FX automation is track based, insanity.