Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sticks and Snares / BeatHawk Mallets & Soft Drummer

I discovered making this that I could record a drum track, duplicate it and overlap the duplications. Veeery in-ter-est-ing! (for those old enough to rrmember Laugh In and too old to remember the name of the comedian, dressed as a Nazi, who said it).

So this track has four tracks of one SD track with three varying overlaps on each track creating new patterns which I mixed together. Trial and error to get the rhythmic overlays in phase, but pretty easy to accomplish. BeatHawk vibes, marimba and celeste. Two instances of iFretless bass with two different attacks.

Comments

• Many of my favorite toys in play here. Very relaxing but also nicely refined...interesting drum notions and I do love ifretless bass....

• Wow! Interesting stuff. You always amaze me with your experimentations and innovation, mate :smile:

• Thank you so much @senhorlampada! You were one of the first to comment on my stuff. Grateful!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thank you so much @senhorlampada! You were one of the first to comment on my stuff. Grateful!

I've been distant around here. But sometimes I come and visit my friends :sunglasses:

• That was great when the extra drum tracks slipped into the mix and it sounded like the
    drummer took off at double-triple tempo.

• edited March 2019

Yeah,@McD, a happy accident. SD glitches before the end. I was gonna just line up a dupe but somehow it overlapped. That gave me the idea. Btw, does anyone know how to halve a synced bpm? It is set for 120, say, in Cubasis. I cDNA lower the Lumbeat to 60, but when I record the number in the Lumbeat app snaps back to 120. Any way around that?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Yeah,@McD, a happy accident. SD glitches before the end. I was gonna just line up a dupe but somehow it overlapped. That gave me the idea. Btw, does anyone know how to halve a synced bpm? It is set for 120, say, in Cubasis. I cDNA lower the Lumbeat to 60, but when I record the number in the Lumbeat app snaps back to 120. Any way around that?

You can turn off link and not have any midi clock running into SoftDrummer etc. However, when you engage the transport control the tempo will likely change to 120 but after its running just dial it back down. That's my workaround.

• @audiblevideo, if you do that there is no way to start instantaneously at measure one, no?

• nope — look into streambyter or midifire or one of @blueveek midi tools for a way to half the incoming MIDI clock and route it to SoftDrummer.

• Thanks @audiblevideo, but that is a bit too tech for my weary cerebrum, I’m afraid.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @audiblevideo, but that is a bit too tech for my weary cerebrum, I’m afraid.

Meh, check the forums or ask @blueveek @midiSequencer @brambos I'm sure it's pretty simple comparatively to what others have sought for.

• That is a good idea @audiblevideo . @blueveek has been very helpful.