Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

One For Bird / Channeling The Great One

I am a bit shocked I improvised this. Too bad I can never play it again! Though it was happening as I played it, I didn't realize it actually held together until I listened back. It is genuine bebop, I believe. Even the track has a fifties feel. Kind of low fi and distant.

My piano, perhaps forever to be transmogrified into BestHawk Baroque classical guitar, presented with two instances, one with Shimmer pitch change employed. Soft Drummer showed up after the fact, with iFretless bass and two ISymphonic alto flute tracks, one transposed up an octave. I hope you agree something really odd happened here. I still can't figure it.

@McD, this is your stuff. Maybe I can translate the midi into manuscript with Symphony pro and take six months to learn it!

Comments

• Another fantastic post from you Michael. You never fail to impress me. I love that we have a legit jazzer here on the Forum. To me at least, this sound like real instruments. Good job!

• @LinearLineman excellent work dude

• @LinearLineman I'm envious of your conceptual ability - I wish I could "hear" improvisation with more of a jazz vocabulary than I have. I'm often stuck in my love of consonance and a backbeat - I wish my "outside" playing could be filled with more confidence and less searching.

• edited March 2019

@Daveypoo said:
    @LinearLineman I'm envious of your conceptual ability - I wish I could "hear" improvisation with more of a jazz vocabulary than I have. I'm often stuck in my love of consonance and a backbeat - I wish my "outside" playing could be filled with more confidence and less searching.

Very nice - I have visions of your fingers dancing over the keys in some Turkish hotel lobby... not that you need the gig, more that I like the image. You're wearing a white suit and white fedora and there's a haze of smoke in the air and the smell of Turkish coffee...

(of course, never having been to Istanbul I'm picturing something akin to the Egyptian bar in Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Casablanca - neither of which are set in Istanbul...)

Was worth listening to for the vision alone - always a pleasure to hear your contributions, Mr. Lineman.

• @scadet, thank you so much for listening. Your praise means much!
    @stormbeats, so good to hear from you. I know you have tough ears! I appreciate the support.
    @Daveypoo, exactly what I do every Thursday, except I wear a red fez and the atmosphere is saturated with smoke from the nargil freaks. Don’t put yourself down, my friend, especially by comparing yourself to someone who struggles to play Happy Birthday by ear!! Really.

• @Daveypoo, exactly what I do every Thursday, except I wear a red fez and the atmosphere is saturated with smoke from the nargil freaks.

Good - let's keep the dream alive!

Don’t put yourself down, my friend, especially by comparing yourself to someone who struggles to play Happy Birthday by ear!! Really.

Well, while I may not have the jazz vocabulary of Oscar Petersen, I CAN play Happy Birthday by ear.

And I have done it.

On MANY gigs.

While no one else knows the tune.

So I have to go it alone.

With everyone singing.

..... wow - thanks for the horrible memories...

;)

• @Daveypoo, sorry, I have been channeling these past few days, it seems. Just posted a conversation I had with Thelonious Sphere. I guess I picked up on the most abhorrent song in your inventory.