Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Juno 60 chorus pedal

Tc Electronics Juno Chorus pedal

I have recently gotten into playing synths thru pedals and this one looks right up my alley.

Weird seeing it made for guitarists...

By the way retails at $50us

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I preordered one of these last month to go with my Behringer D. Still hasn't come in yet, but I'm hopeful that this sounds as good as the demo vids I've watched.

• edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2019

Something about the Juno chorus works really well with basic synth sounds. It is 2 choruses in one, with the lfo controlling speed (and hence pitch) of the two delay lines being inverted on the second delay line, so that it pitches flat, while the first delay line pitches sharp, and vice versa, as the lfo cycles. In stereo, one of the delay lines is panned left, the other right, and the dry is panned center. It gives the chorus a quality of musical detuning, without as much sense of wobble you get from a basic chorus.

The boss DC-2 is the same circuit, with added noise reduction (companding) around the two analog delay lines.

With one oscillator and one note, through the chorus, it is a similar sound to have two detuned oscillators, but I feel like there is something cool about how chords with simple, one oscillator sounds, sound through the detuning effect of the chorus- a little clearer/leaner? A lot of synth sounds that sound impressive and fat with one note, don't sound great in chords- too fat?

• @Max23 said:
    I wish I had a free plugin that does dimension C and boss ce2
    that's the good sound of the 80s in my ears. :)
    boss is asking over 200 bugs for each of the remakes, but damned they sound so good.
    instant the cure/siouxsie with the ce2 !
    dimension C is pure magic, doesnt sound like chorus at all, none of that usual lfo wobble ...

dimension C/D was the magic weapon in the studios,
    makes the last fart sound nice,
    it makes those lush reverbs if you have it after the reverb <3

BOSS ME-5 has the CE-2 in it. You can also save presets :) and they're dirt cheap used.

On my JC77 it has this mode on the chorus called Fixed which is like the Dimension. Lush, no wobble.

• @BroCoast said:

BOSS ME-5 has the CE-2 in it. You can also save presets :) and they're dirt cheap used.

and you get this reverb on top of it

Telecaster through the ME-5 (with only reverb engaged) - just finished an output mod, as it didn't record well via line out (added transformers to the headphone out).
    I paid 50€ for my unit... ;)

• Yes.
    Probably the best IOS chorus. Well, it sounds that way to me.