Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I think the recording side is broke definitely cannot record my voice in when in Standalone. Monitoring on checked iPad mic set. Set trigger level can see metering hit record it flashes red but nothing is being sampled even with trigger level right up anyone else having these problems?

Did you tell it which mic to use?

• Hmmmm maybe if they add features or iaps to put it into a better sampler pocket?!

Pitch detection/root note
    Zero crosspoint detection
    Pitch/time/formant
    Actual sfz import that doesnt suck

Im ‘in’ with those features

• Audiolayer is disappointing to me
    Sfz import is junk
    Its just overly hard to use in my opinion, so i dont use it at all...its in the app graveyard

• edited March 2019

@BiancaNeve said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I think the recording side is broke definitely cannot record my voice in when in Standalone. Monitoring on checked iPad mic set. Set trigger level can see metering hit record it flashes red but nothing is being sampled even with trigger level right up anyone else having these problems?

Did you tell it which mic to use?

Well, well wasn’t aware that the iPad had a front, back,right microphone! Selected the front now working one minute not the next seems hit and miss!

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

I’d go for this one mainly because I really don’t like AudioLayer’s interface much. But as far as I can see, it’s single velocity layer only. That’s too limiting to make it worthwhile to me. I’ll stick with AudioLayer, which really only sucks during the patch creation, and is OK otherwise.

IPad only too. Not a problem for me for something unique or best in class, but not worth it for something the has a reasonable universal alternative.

• Talking of Audiolayer and layers. Synthjacker which can link and send sample layers into Audiolayer is on sale at £1.99 at present if anyone is interested.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@david_2017 said:
    Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin von 4Pockets.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/chameleon-auv3-sampler-plugin/id1456474953?mt=8

8,99€

Ahh so $7.99 now equals €8.99..

Only Apple can do that 😩

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Talking of Audiolayer and layers. Synthjacker which can link and send sample layers into Audiolayer is on sale at £1.99 at present if anyone is interested.

Oh cool. A sale.
    Can it do soft synth also by now? I heard it is for hardware only

• @wim said:
    I’d go for this one mainly because I I really don’t like AudioLayer’s interface much. But as far as I can see, it’s single velocity layer only. That’s too limiting to make it worthwhile to me. I’ll stick with AudioLayer, which really only sucks during the patch creation, and is OK otherwise.

IPad only too. Not a problem for me for something unique or best in class, but not worth it for something the has a reasonable universal alternative.

Yes, agreed on all points. AL is much deeper/more powerful, although I have to say that I love the design touches in Chameleon.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    So disappointed

Expected lizard.

Got sampler.

So actually happy I guess.

Would that be a Monitor Lizard ? :D

Rim shot.........

• @david_2017 said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Talking of Audiolayer and layers. Synthjacker which can link and send sample layers into Audiolayer is on sale at £1.99 at present if anyone is interested.

Oh cool. A sale.
    Can it do soft synth also by now? I heard it is for hardware only

I never saw this.

Hmmm

• @RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    So disappointed

Expected lizard.

Got sampler.

Rim shot.........

Does it have scales?

• is there a reverse playback option?

• edited March 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

From ConiferProductions site:

Coming soon: Inter-App Audio
    The first version of SynthJacker is intended for hardware MIDI synths, but I’m also looking to add Inter-App Audio and/or Audiobus, and possibly also Audio Unit v3 support. This would allow you to sample the iOS synths on your iPad, which has been requested by many.

Let me know what you need from SynthJacker, and I’ll see if it can be supported. Many early adopters have already sent great development ideas, so please keep them coming.

• FYI, Doug is live-streaming playing around with Chameleon right now...

• edited March 2019

@eross said:
    is there a reverse playback option?

Does it have alternating (forward/reverse) looping for that 'you come and go' effect?

• edited March 2019

@lasselu said:
    FYI, Doug is live-streaming playing around with Chameleon right now...

link here:

• Getting the same problem as Doug with editing Sample as soon as I hit crop the app crashes. iPad 9.7 pro.

• Same here, iPad Pro 2017, 10.5"

• edited March 2019

@reasOne said:
    Oh wow, very impressive!!
    I don't have virsyn audio layer, but are these similar auv3 apps? As far as recording audio from other iOS synths

Anyone? Does audio layer let you record / sample right from an au/iaa inside AUM if you load it into the effects slot like chameleon does?

Also if so... Can you over dub samples and build up layers that way..

Looks like this app lets you sample live and that is something I've been looking forward to..
    But I don't know if it lets you layer sound

• Just for importing samples in a quickly and layering the keyboard this works a treat. Yes it does let you layer sounds as Doug shows in his video. Apparently it’s not as in depth as SamplerLayer but is def quicker to pick up.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:
    Oh wow, very impressive!!
    I don't have virsyn audio layer, but are these similar auv3 apps? As far as recording audio from other iOS synths

Anyone? Does audio layer let you record / sample right from an au/iaa inside AUM if you load it into the effects slot ?

Yes.

Also if so... Can you over dub samples and build up layers that way..

No, but there’s nothing stopping you from stacking samples on top of each other in a zone, so basically the same thing, but with way more control.

Looks like this synth lets you and that is something I've been looking forward to..
    But I don't know if it lets you layer sound

AudioLay does let you layer sound. You might want to check out some videos first though as I’m not sure you think of it in the same way it works.

Seems like Enso plus AudioLayer would be a good combination for you.

BTW, this thread is about Chameleon. There’s a big-ass AudioLayer thread where you might get clearer answers as well.

• @wim / @Jumpercollins
    Thanks guys,
    I never really knew that this was possible via auv3 haha now I can't decide what one to get...i was sampling into bm3 and laying/playing a riff...and trying it that way but it's a lot of work / routing to get things back into AUM from bm3

Seems these are very similar but maybe chameleon is quicker and less " deep " and audio layer gives you more control / options but maybe slower at getting there

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@reasOne said:
    @wim / @Jumpercollins
    Thanks guys,
    I never really knew that this was possible via auv3 haha now I can't decide what one to get...i was sampling into bm3 and laying/playing a riff...and trying it that way but it's a lot of work / routing to get things back into AUM from bm3

Seems these are very similar but maybe chameleon is quicker and less " deep " and audio layer gives you more control / options but maybe slower at getting there

To me it looks like they’re both about the same number of steps to do the same thing (single layer sampling across keyboard ranges). But there is way more you can do with AudioLayer. I really like the looks of Chameleon’s interface though.

• @malichiyatsia said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    I'm still waiting for a SFZ player/sampler (with Direct From Disk capability). But AudioLayer does most of that (even though it just supports EXS format). I'm not pleased with AudioLayer's support though--I've emailed them and they've ignored me. This has happened to several people that I know of as well. So, with that said, Chameleon looks like a very solid basic sampler and I have purchased it already because it is probably the Second best sampler available (AudioLayer being the best). This is what I had wished for with Gadget's Vancouver--alas, Vancouver is a joke.

Over all, I think it is worth getting. <---which is what I should have said from the start. :smile:

Wow, looks great! An AUV3 jam-packed full of features, like the rest of 4pockets apps. Real bang for the buck! Correct me though if I’m wrong... don’t see or hear in the video or app description any mention of time-stretching for samples.... yet. But that might be asking alot for $8. Perhaps in an update down the line. However... just as it is now, it appears to be a most useful app at a fair price that fills a gap in iOS music production/sound design.

I don't know definitively, but going just by listening to it, I'd have to say it currently has no time-stretching. It sounds very old-school basic. The key thing with something like this would be to use a lot of multisamples--no more than a semitone apart. Otherwise, multisampling every key is the best way around this. However, the ideal would be support of time-stretching of samples.

• @wim said:
    I’d go for this one mainly because I really don’t like AudioLayer’s interface much. But as far as I can see, it’s single velocity layer only. That’s too limiting to make it worthwhile to me. I’ll stick with AudioLayer, which really only sucks during the patch creation, and is OK otherwise.

It is most definitely universal. :smiley:

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@Audiojunkie said:

@wim said:

AudioLayer is. I was talking about Chameleon - the subject of this thread.

But I was wrong. 😂
    Usually the App Store says “offers iPhone app”. It didn’t in this case, and the video said “for the iPad”.

• @wim said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@wim said:

But I was wrong. 😂
    Usually the App Store says “offers iPhone app”. It didn’t in this case, and the video said “for the iPad”.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding and you ARE telling me that you now believe me that Chameleon is universal. I suspect that is the case. However, if I’m wrong.....It is well known amongst members of this forum that I use the iPhone exclusively. I purchased and currently have Chameleon on my iPhone. 😁

• @AudioGus said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    So disappointed

Expected lizard.

Got sampler.

Rim shot.........

Does it have scales?

Oh no...not you too

• @Audiojunkie said:

@wim said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@wim said:

But I was wrong. 😂

Maybe I’m misunderstanding and you ARE telling me that you now believe me that Chameleon is universal. I suspect that is the case. However, if I’m wrong.....It is well known amongst members of this forum that I use the iPhone exclusively. I purchased and currently have Chameleon on my iPhone. 😁

Yep. I got it wrong, glad u set it straight.