Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Woo hoo, my new Line6 HX pedal is class compliant.

Now I can just record my jams via my iPhone and AudioShare. This little box continues to impress.

Comments

• Kool 😎🎶👌 Have fun!! 🚀🎇🌈

• @Tarekith I am using a Helix floor. I didn’t knew the class compliance goes in both directions. I use it to hook up my iPhone to it an let the music play to jam along with. Thanks for the heads up I have to check this later the day.
    I love the Helix, its an amazing board and I dont have any danger to fall into guitar G-A-S ;) which was the plan. Except the pedal, I think there are better options available, than the one Line 6 implemented in the floor.

• wow i did not know, this might just do it for me!

• @david_2017 said:
    Except the pedal, I think there are better options available, than the one Line 6 implemented in the floor.

Which are the better options you use?

• @hisdudeness said:

@david_2017 said:
    Except the pedal, I think there are better options available, than the one Line 6 implemented in the floor.

Oh sorry mate I mis-communicated here. I was like, I think the original pedal is not the best (it’s heavy and squirky from times to times)... I don’t have the money but there are better options for ambient guitar pedals which I need to dig in when I have some money again haha
    Most likely an Ernie ball pedal should do the trick? I am open for recommendations as well ;)

• @david_2017 said:

@hisdudeness said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh sorry mate I mis-communicated here. I was like, I think the original pedal is not the best (it’s heavy and squirky from times to times)... I don’t have the money but there are better options for ambient guitar pedals which I need to dig in when I have some money again haha
    Most likely an Ernie ball pedal should do the trick? I am open for recommendations as well ;)

gotcha , I use the H9 + WET for ambient, , plus I have the Bigsky which I barely use

• @hisdudeness said:

@david_2017 said:

@hisdudeness said:

@david_2017 said:

gotcha , I use the H9 + WET for ambient, , plus I have the Bigsky which I barely use

I love the neunaber, so small so awesome in sound. Interesting that you state you don’t use the big sky that much, which is like the holy grail atm in everyone’s toolbox. But I actually like the Verbs and Delays my helix got me covered with too. Do you have some stuff online to watch or hear of your ambient guitar love?

• I was thinking about getting a big sky to go with my timeline for a long time, but the reverb in the HX is good enough that I don't think I'll need it now. There's some really trippy delays and reverbs in that little box, I might not even need the timeline anymore really.

• On YouTube there are some patch magicians on the helix that are doing and amazing job on the line 6. I will link one vid I saw recently which is amazing

• edited March 2019

@Tarekith said:
    I was thinking about getting a big sky to go with my timeline for a long time, but the reverb in the HX is good enough that I don't think I'll need it now. There's some really trippy delays and reverbs in that little box, I might not even need the timeline anymore really.

I love you!!!
    Thank you for pointing that out! Is a game changer! Haha. Awesome! You really made my day! I didn’t knew this works in both directions! Enso just got even more cooler with that! I am so n complete bliss!
    Finally guitar, synth all all stuff can be combined in a easy way! Thank you man!!!!!

I tested this instantly on my Digitone and my circuit, but they don’t show up in AUM. Would have been cool though

• I guess I need to check the Helix awesome Video...great production skills...but for shimmer ..WET sure sounded better in video... for ambient reverb big fan of eventide blackhole engine.. but I sure need to check how helix reverb compares to h9 wet big sky and Ventris which I have all owned

• Yeah! It's awesome being able to just plug in my Helix floor via CCK and USB into my iPad or iPhone.

Here's what I like to do - send Helix USB 7 (dry guitar) into my iPad - into MIDI Guitar 2 - and then feed that into a synth or strings - and back out into Helix. Instant Guitar + Strings . Many hours of fun :smiley:

• I have the Blackhole plug in, it sort of has it's own unique vibe that the Helix can come close to. There's some truly big reverbs in the Helix, they did a good job of mixing up realistic with trippy ambient things that can go into Blackhole territory if you want.

• I use my HXS with my iPad and iPhone as well. Amazing pedal. I wish they update the pitch shifters soon, though.

• @ricksteruk said:
    Yeah! It's awesome being able to just plug in my Helix floor via CCK and USB into my iPad or iPhone.

Here's what I like to do - send Helix USB 7 (dry guitar) into my iPad - into MIDI Guitar 2 - and then feed that into a synth or strings - and back out into Helix. Instant Guitar + Strings . Many hours of fun :smiley:

That's interesting you can do that sort of internal routing with the usb. How does that work, being able to split the dry off from the effects unit? Is it like the dry shows up as input 1/2 to the ipad, and the effects output shows up as input 3/4? And audio out is something like output 1/2, and output to the effects input is 3/4?

It sounds like it is like a reamping setup, of sorts, which takes an audio interface with more than a single pair of ins and outs.

• edited March 2019

@Processaurus said:

@ricksteruk said:
    Yeah! It's awesome being able to just plug in my Helix floor via CCK and USB into my iPad or iPhone.

That's interesting you can do that sort of internal routing with the usb. How does that work, being able to split the dry off from the effects unit? Is it like the dry shows up as input 1/2 to the ipad, and the effects output shows up as input 3/4? And audio out is something like output 1/2, and output to the effects input is 3/4?

It sounds like it is like a reamping setup, of sorts, which takes an audio interface with more than a single pair of ins and outs.

I'm not sure if it works the same way on the Helix Stomp and FX versions, but on the Helix Floor (and Rack) USB 7 and 8 are assigned for re-amping - In default mode USB 7 sends Dry Guitar to your Computer / iPad and USB 8 sends the dry Microphone XLR - but you can change those to other Helix Floor inputs.

You can send to USB Outs 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6 by assigning path outputs to them. The simplest way is to use the "Multi" path output which (on Helix Floor) sends to XLR, 1/4in Jack, Digital and USB.

Getting audio back into Helix works like this:
    USB 1/2 are sent directly to XLR or 1/4in Jacks (setting is chosen in Global prefs)
    USB 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 can be assigned to Path inputs.

It is quite complicated!! But fairly flexible. It would be so much better if you could set up a Helix Send/Return block to USB 3/4, 5/6 to allow for easily inserting a iPad / Mac looper like Loopy / Group the Loop or Ableton Live. I've been making noises about that facility for 3 years now!! Hoping to see it in a Helix update at some point.

I usually am using Ableton Live on Mac (or on iPad AUM with Group the Loop hosted) so that I can play and MIDI synths using the MIDI Guitar 2 app (both on mac and iPad), and also record or loop the Helix processed guitar.

• @ricksteruk said:

@Processaurus said:

@ricksteruk said:

I'm not sure if it works the same way on the Helix Stomp and FX versions, but on the Helix Floor (and Rack) USB 7 and 8 are assigned for re-amping - In default mode USB 7 sends Dry Guitar to your Computer / iPad and USB 8 sends the dry Microphone XLR - but you can change those to other Helix Floor inputs.

You can send to USB Outs 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6 by assigning path outputs to them. The simplest way is to use the "Multi" path output which (on Helix Floor) sends to XLR, 1/4in Jack, Digital and USB.

Getting audio back into Helix works like this:
    USB 1/2 are sent directly to XLR or 1/4in Jacks (setting is chosen in Global prefs)
    USB 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 can be assigned to Path inputs.

It is quite complicated!! But fairly flexible. It would be so much better if you could set up a Helix Send/Return block to USB 3/4, 5/6 to allow for easily inserting a iPad / Mac looper like Loopy / Group the Loop or Ableton Live. I've been making noises about that facility for 3 years now!! Hoping to see it in a Helix update at some point.

I usually am using Ableton Live on Mac (or on iPad AUM with Group the Loop hosted) so that I can play and MIDI synths using the MIDI Guitar 2 app (both on mac and iPad), and also record or loop the Helix processed guitar.

Wow! Thanks for the explanation.

• Hi there! I can confirm Helix LT working fine with my iPad mini 2. I just set the output to USB 1-2 and that's all.

But... I've noticed this: latency is worse in helix than in my Zoom U-44. In Mooer GE Labs app, I can set the "32 samples" latency mode with no issues when using the Zoom as interface... Whereas I have to go to "64 samples" with the helix because otherwise it doesn't work fine (you know, lots of digital nasty noises). That makes a little more latency.

I think that line6 hasn't managed to develop a fluent iOS interface with Helix family.

Anyone finding these kind of troubles?