Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Conversations With the Machine (part 1)

This is a dark ambient industrial drone track created with Audulus on iOS:

Comments

• And here is a bit of bleep-bloopage created with the same system--this is a very atonal experimental piece:

• I saw you on the Audulus forum.
    Are you digging in to this app a lot?
    How do you like working with it?

I did some dabbling a while back in Audulus. I was trying to create things that other developers eventually released as apps, so I haven’t dabbled in a while.
    I am looking forward to Audulus 4 breaking out of the sandbox and opening up a lot of connectivity options.

Very cool, interesting stuff you have here.
    Bonafide Modular Magic.
    :)

• @CracklePot : Thanks. Re: Audulus. I am loving it. I had a false start a year or so ago when I first got it and didn't get very far. There is an initial learning curve that I didn't spend enough time getting over. This past go round I was highly motivated as I really wanted to have something on my iPad that would get me closer to the sounds I've heard on 0-Coast and Buchlas than I have been able to get with Ripplemaker (which I like very very much).

I have found the community on the Audulus forum to be very helpful and willing to help me figure things out. And there is a lot of gold in the patches that people have posted.

• Audulus is so cool. Nice sounds

• @gusgranite said:
    Audulus is so cool. Nice sounds

Tx

• A snippet (not a song) of “feedback bongos” created with the Buchla-inspired synth I am frankensteining together in Audulus:

• Very cool sounds. Would love to hear all of those elements together in a track!

• @aplourde said:
    Very cool sounds. Would love to hear all of those elements together in a track!

Thx!

• Good to hear from you @espiegel123. Now I can put the sounds with the thoughts! I like the dark side.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good to hear from you @espiegel123. Now I can put the sounds with the thoughts! I like the dark side.

Thx. My compositional interests are pretty eclectic...so, these recent tracks cover just a tiny bit of what I like to do.

Here are a couple or contrasting bits:

(WIP with BeatHawk and FingerFiddle and iFretless)

Ambientish Gadget and DigitalD1:

Solo acoustic guitar:

and lots more to boot

• Moody and mellow. Terrific guitarism! Improvised? Your composition?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Moody and mellow. Terrific guitarism! Improvised? Your composition?

Tx. All the pieces I posted are my compositions and weren't improvised (except for the fiddle solo) , but I've also done a lot of improvised music, too.