Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Enso dabble that evolved into a full track - Horse Gas Intermediate Forms

edited March 2019 in Creations

This started off life as a jam, first thing this morning with an iMS20 going through Enso. Then taken onto the desktop and other stuff put on top. Get's going around 2.40:

and on Bandcamp, for a fatter version:

https://horsegas.bandcamp.com/track/intermediate-forms

Comments

• Posted reply in other thread - but this is really great. Lush sounds

• @Halftone said:
    Posted reply in other thread - but this is really great. Lush sounds

I'll reply in this one - don't want to go off-topic in the other one ;)

Thank you! Drums are via Kontakt - only discovered them the other day, they have a really natural sound.

• This is great my man !!

• Sounding really great :) Any chance of a longer mix?

• @reasOne said:
    This is great my man !!

Thank you!

@Iso said:
    Sounding really great :) Any chance of a longer mix?

Thanks! Might be a good idea actually, my stuff does tend to end up a bit short....I’ll try and sort something out!

• That would be great B) The drums were only just getting going when the track fades out, would love to hear more, maybe getting pretty wild, then breaking back down to just the synths, & ending with the sounds we hear at the very beginning perhaps? Your definitely on a roll, some great sounds coming out of the Horse Gas stable .........(apologies for the awful pun!)

• edited March 2019

@Iso said:
    That would be great B) The drums were only just getting going when the track fades out, would love to hear more, maybe getting pretty wild, then breaking back down to just the synths, & ending with the sounds we hear at the very beginning perhaps? Your definitely on a roll, some great sounds coming out of the Horse Gas stable .........(apologies for the awful pun!)

Yeah good idea. I keep doing this...it fades out just when it starts getting good, with an intro too long so people stop listening before the good bit!

I think it’s because they start as ambient jams, and lack of planning mean they’re not structured at the start for a proper rhythm part. Or something. I could definitely work on this though - shorten the intro, develop the drum part and then swap the removed intro to the end.

Thanks for the feedback!

• I really liked the the way it evolved though, i think, you could get away with adding another 3 or 4 minutes on to it.
    I had the opposite problem for ages, everything i did was ridiculously too long, & found it difficult to edit down into something more listenable! I sometimes miss the days of writing & playing 3 minute pop songs, but those days are long gone.........got writer's block years ago, and now my voice is fucked as well!

Looking foward to hearing what you do with it, your making some great stuff.......... :)

• Sounds good!

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Sounds good!

Thanks!

@Iso said:
    I really liked the the way it evolved though, i think, you could get away with adding another 3 or 4 minutes on to it.
    I had the opposite problem for ages, everything i did was ridiculously too long, & found it difficult to edit down into something more listenable! I sometimes miss the days of writing & playing 3 minute pop songs, but those days are long gone.........got writer's block years ago, and now my voice is fucked as well!

Looking foward to hearing what you do with it, your making some great stuff.......... :)

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your voice - I'm slowly trying to summon up the courage to write some proper songs and do some vocals....building up to it slowly! Any of your stuff online?

I think this track suffers from it's workflow. It started as an ambient jam with Enso, so the timing's a bit off in places as it was only meant to be a muck about, but the second half is tighter and allowed me to add the rhythmic parts. What I could do next week is make a few loops from that, and extend it. I think I will do this as it has potential to be a longer track. Really though I should have put the rhythm section down first. Still learning here!

• I had sexual relations with this music.

• Yes! I would love to hear a much longer version of this.

@MonzoPro said:
    I think this track suffers from it's workflow. It started as an ambient jam with Enso, so the timing's a bit off in places as it was only meant to be a muck about, but the second half is tighter and allowed me to add the rhythmic parts. What I could do next week is make a few loops from that, and extend it. I think I will do this as it has potential to be a longer track. Really though I should have put the rhythm section down first. Still learning here!

Actually, I’m not sure if that’s a “bug” or a “feature”. Because it isn’t tied to a rhythm at the start (even an implied one), it has such a lovely, dreamy quality to it. The way it builds to the rhythm is great.

• @aplourde said:
    Yes! I would love to hear a much longer version of this.

@MonzoPro said:

Actually, I’m not sure if that’s a “bug” or a “feature”. Because it isn’t tied to a rhythm at the start (even an implied one), it has such a lovely, dreamy quality to it. The way it builds to the rhythm is great.

+1

• Very cool, very nice sounds and rhythm. When looping doesn’t mean repetition but evolution!!! Works well with your synths :)

• edited March 2019

@aplourde said:

Thanks, I'll say it's a feature then :)

@Janosax said:
    Very cool, very nice sounds and rhythm. When looping doesn’t mean repetition but evolution!!! Works well with your synths :)

Thank you! That's the nice thing about using a looper like Enso - you can gradually degrade the original loop and build up new sounds on top - so it's constantly evolving. Previously I'd use the audio player in AUM, but Enso allows me to create something a bit more organic.

Looking forward to another play with it later.

• Interesting image... take on Magritte? Good evo.

• edited March 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Interesting image... take on Magritte? Good evo.

Thanks. More of a take on Roger Dean, probably, seems to be a bit of a theme for the new album. It’s evolved from the image on this one:

https://horsegas.bandcamp.com/track/magellanic-clouds

If I had lots of spare time I’d make a little video for it.