Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up!

• This is definitely worth it if you love epic sound design reverbs. I already have two H9s (with this algorithm included) but bought the plugin as well because I love it so much. Automating the ribbon (controlling multiple parameters) is pure pleasure.

• @handed said:
    This is definitely worth it if you love epic sound design reverbs. I already have two H9s (with this algorithm included) but bought the plugin as well because I love it so much. Automating the ribbon (controlling multiple parameters) is pure pleasure.

My music tends towards ambient and noise, so I suspect I’ll be buying this one. Going to watch some YouTube videos tonight, but don’t think I can resist.

I’ve recently starting using my guitar more again, so this might be a good creative spark to get me going again.

• edited March 2019

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/reverb/reverb/blackhole

anyone bought this from the audiodelux site? $49 sounds too cheap?
    Mangledverb looks interesting too, but less musical.
    Gotta like Eventides videos.

• @midiSequencer said:
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/reverb/reverb/blackhole

anyone bought this from the audiodelux site? $49 sounds too cheap?
    Mangledverb looks interesting too, but less musical.
    Gotta like Eventides videos.

Yep. I got it. Sounds great. Ilok and all that legit stuff.

• @gusgranite said:
    Yep. I got it. Sounds great. Ilok and all that legit stuff.

thx for the heads up - I've got it now after trying the demo. The special offer is on for another day but hey its Sunday!!

Compared to to my favourite reverb,Valhalla vintage verb, and its different & cleaner. So had some fun with Arturia Buchla Easel V too.......

Happy days!

• Yes it’s legit, look out usually around Black Friday for excellent upgrades to Anthology.

• I like Blackhole a lot as it provides an alternative flavour to Valhalla Shimmer.

Much like Waves and Plugin Alliance, Eventide constantly offers different plugins from their portfolio at sale prices throughout the year. As an owner of individual Eventide plugins, they offer upgrade deals to larger portfolios too.

And once you're on the Eventide train, it won't be long before you covert the legendary H family of harmonizers and delays. :)

• Great run-through of the H3000 (also available as a plugin).

• edited March 2019

I still prefer Valhalla Shimmer for $50. Blackhole is good, though. Valhalla has a new delay plugin arriving any day now.

KVR has a good and active deals forum.

I've purchased from audio deluxe, time and space, plugin boutique, plugin discount and jrr shop all in the last month. I actually posted about this audiodeluxe sale at KVR right after I got the email ad a couple days ago.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    I still prefer Valhalla Shimmer for $50. Blackhole is good, though. Valhalla has a new delay plugin arriving any day now.

KVR has a good and active deals forum.

I've purchased from audio deluxe, time and space, plugin boutique, plugin discount and jrr shop all in the last month. I actually posted about this audiodeluxe sale at KVR right after I got the email ad a couple days ago.

That’s probabl6 where I saw it so thank you!

• I highly recommend signing up for the AudioDeluxe email list. They have crazy deals all the time!

• @vitocorleone123 said:

I always tend to head for VintageVerb over Shimmer though...
    Looking forward to Sean's new baby - hopefully soon...

• Blackhole is my Dream Verb. Though it's neck in neck with Valhalla Vintage Verb in terms of usage. I should use Shimmer more.

• @vitocorleone123 said:

I'm with you on that. Valhalla Shimmer is definitely my go-to for long 'shimmery' verbs, although I've been turning to Soundtoys Little Plate a lot since it was released. I like Blackhole for darker, murkier territories. ;)

It's also worth adding that Vahalla don't make a bad plugin and they're all very reasonably priced, all of the time (no need for promos to sell their wares).

Soo looking forward to the new delay. Instant buy!

• I'm a big fan of the Blackhole plug in too, I just wish they didn't rely on iLok for authorization :(

• @Tarekith said:
    I'm a big fan of the Blackhole plug in too, I just wish they didn't rely on iLok for authorization :(

I’m still relatively new to desktop plugins, and I’ve many people express a dislike for iLok. What are the main issues with it?

• @Seangarland said:

@Tarekith said:
    I'm a big fan of the Blackhole plug in too, I just wish they didn't rely on iLok for authorization :(

I’m still relatively new to desktop plugins, and I’ve many people express a dislike for iLok. What are the main issues with it?

I think it stems from issues people had in the past with dongles & problems authorizing stuff, & it being generally a pita, I have to say though, i haven't had any issues with it at all over the last four years or so, & it's been a breeze to use. i don't even notice it's there, not a single problem to report. I wouldn't let it put you off. :)

• @Seangarland said:

@Tarekith said:

I'm also one of those that doesn't have a problem with iLok. At the end of the day it provides the necessary piracy protection for quality developers such as Softube, Soundtoys and Eventide to be able to invest in the products they sell.

And from a technology point of view I've never encountered any processor overhead or failures in the two dongles I use.

Having said that, people are free to hold whatever opinion they want on the matter.

• @jonmoore said:

@Seangarland said:

@Tarekith said:

I'm also one of those that doesn't have a problem with iLok. At the end of the day it provides the necessary piracy protection for quality developers such as Softube, Soundtoys and Eventide to be able to invest in the products they sell.

And from a technology point of view I've never encountered any processor overhead or failures in the two dongles I use.

Having said that, people are free to hold whatever opinion they want on the matter.

@Iso @jonmoore Thanks for the feedback. I wasn’t sure how much of the issues were physical or system limitations (I understand that they used to use a physical dongle?), or if some of the issues are philosophical.

• @Seangarland said:

@jonmoore said:

@Seangarland said:

@Tarekith said:

@Iso @jonmoore Thanks for the feedback. I wasn’t sure how much of the issues were physical or system limitations (I understand that they used to use a physical dongle?), or if some of the issues are philosophical.

I think most developers have got rid of the hardware dongles now......i don't have any software that still uses them. Steinberg still use one for most of their software, but as far as i remember it's not iLock. Whatever the problems were with iLock in the past, appear to have been ironed out.

• I also know that Kush requires a hardware dongle for the higher end plugins. I think relab does, too, for their reverbs. So there's definitely a market still for them.

• For me it's just a idealogical issue, I dislike that developers put the effort on the paying end user to be legit, while people not paying have the easy option. I totally support the effort to protect one's work, I just greatly prefer the challenge response method. Or how easy companies like Ableton make it to reset your licenses.

The software method of iLok is definitely easier than the dongle method, I won't buy anything anymore that requires that nonsense. All that said, Blackhole is worth it enough that even I decided the iLok method was worth it.

Barely.

• My short experience with software iLok is to always activate a new plugin to your desktop in iLok prior to trying to install it otherwise you can end up in this blacklisted plugin hunt on your DAW which means deleting your plugin cache and having to rescan them all again. Unless there’s an easier way... (in Reaper).

• Blackhole is lovely! The other on sale or affordable reverbs I have picked up are Waves H-Reverb (good controls and a saturator too), Toneboosters Reverb v4 (has a nice shimmer as well), Metric Halo Haloverb, and Verberate v1 (both really clean).

• Yeah. I just did that. I bought the Gullfoss EQ tonight but I activated it in iLok first. Definitely works smoothest - I have something like 13 or 14 licenses now in iLok.

• I bought it tonight. Install with iLok was pretty smooth.

Now I’m off to overuse Blackhole like Kirk Hammett overused the Whammy pedal on the Black Album.